John W Adams and
Altamira Myra Parson
John W Adams b 14 Sept 1844 Letcher Co KY d 2 Jan 1915 Cram Creek, Letcher Co KY; s/o William Adams and Sarah Sally Hall. John W Adams m. 31 Dec 1868 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY to Altamira Alta Parsons (aka Alta Myra) b 27 Aug 1848 Letcher Co KY d 24 Jan 1943 in Napariene, Lewis Co Washington State; d/o David Parsons and Derinda Emeline Privett. Children of John W Adams and Altamira Myra Parsons;
1. William Jonas Adams b 17 Feb 1871 d 8 Oct 1902; m. 8 Oct 1894 (or 19 Aug 1894) to Harriett Virginia Rumley b 30 Nov 1870 (or 22 Nov 1869) Wise Co VA; d/o Jacob Rumley and Elizabeth Griffin. Children of William Jonas Adams and Harriett Virginia Rumley;
i. Lancet L Adams (male) b 20 Sept 1895
ii. Burzilla Adams (male) b 18 Oct 1896
iii. Earnest Adams b 30 Mar 1898 d 30 Mar 1898 (stillborn)
iv. Ewens Adams b 22 Jun 1899
v. Everett Adams b 22 Jun 1901 d 1980; m. 7 Apr 1927 to Maxine Pratt b 1902
2. Phillip Adams b 23 Apr 1873 d 12 Mar 1930; m. 9 Mar 1895 Letcher Co KY to Dora Craft b 19 Aug 1875.
3. James H Adams b 9 Jul 1875 Mayking, Letcher Co KY d 1 Sept 1943; m. 23 Apr 1894 Letcher Co KY to Sarah A Hampton b 4 Aug 1874 KY d 26 Oct 1949.
4. Marshal Adams b 1 Aug 1877 d 16 Sept 1877
5. Tilsman Howard Adams (aka Tilsom) b 11 Dec 1878 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY d 8 May 1956 Chehalis, WA; m. 17 Mar 1905 Letcher Co KY to Nancy Nannie Jane Franklin b 9 Apr 1883 d Oct 1978 Chehalis WA; d/o Andrew Franklin and Manerva Sergent. Children of Tilsman Howard Adams and Nancy Nannie Jane Franklin;
i. Elmer Adams b about 1907 Doty WA d 11 Jul 1970 Petersburg AK; m. (1) to Ona Snelson. Elmer Adams m. (2) to Charlotte M Pennypacker. Elmer was a feller for Jones Logging Co and was killed while bucking a fallen tree.
6. Willis Melvin Adams b 17 Dec 1880; m. 4 Apr 1905 to Mary Greer b 17 Oct 1883.
7. George Adams b 20 Apr 1883 d 1 Apr 1919; m. 8 Dec 1909 to Dora Whittington.
8. Mary Jane Adams b 1 Sept 1885 Mayking, Letcher Co KY d 28 Aug 1959 Lexington, Fayette Co KY; m. 10 Apr 1908 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY to William Joseph Willie Standifer b 18 Feb 1882 Pound, Wise Co VA d 9 Oct 1956 Chehalis, Lewis Co WA.
9. Margaret E Adams b 18 Feb 1888; m. 10 Apr 1906 to James Henry Bolling b 7 Nov 1882.
John W Adams and
John W Adams b 14 Sept 1844 Letcher Co KY d 2 Jan 1915 Cram Creek, Letcher Co KY; s/o William Adams and Sarah Sally Hall. John W Adams m. 28 Feb 1867 Magoffin Co KY to (1) Sarah Hackworth b about 1844. Children of John W Adams and Sarah Hackworth;
1. Elijah Adams b 29 Nov 1868 d 4 Mar 1870
Mountain Eagle Newspaper 11 Feb 1943, page 1, column 6
Former Letcher Woman Passes in Chehalis, Wash. Word came to us this week that Mrs. Alta Myra Adams who was nearing her 95th birthday passed away at the home of her son, W. M. Adams (William Melvin) with whom she had been making her home for the past three years. Mrs. Adams, the widow of the late John W. Adams of the Mayking section of the county. Mrs. Adams is survived by three sons, W. M. and T. H. of Chehalis, Wash. and J. H. of Eolia, Ky., also two daughters, Mary J. Standifer of Louisville and Mrs. Margrette Bowling of Bilvia, Ky. Three brothers also survive, Lilburn, John and Melvin Parson, all of Eolia, Ky. (Since Mrs. Adams died her brother Lilburn passed away at Eolia nearing the age of 91). The body of Mrs. Adams was laid to rest in Washington where most of her family lived. The deceased was widely known and connected in Letcher county having lived here 92 of her 95 years. She reared her family here.