Moses Adams and
Moses Adams b 1838 KY d about 1904; s/o Isaac B Adams and Nancy Hayes. Moses Adams m. 1861 Letcher Co KY to
Elizabeth Adams b 1841 Perry (now Letcher) Co KY; d/o William Tolson Adams and Frances Franky Adams. (1860 Letcher Co KY Census). Children of Moses Adams and Elizabeth Adams;
1. John Q Adams; m. Pearl Whittington
2. Joseph Adams b Sept 1877 Letcher Co KY; m. 1898 Letcher Co KY to Tisha Jones b May 1884.
3. Partha Adams
4. Spencer Adams b Apr 1862 Letcher Co KY d 1938; m. 22 May 1884 Letcher Co KY to Rachel Adams b about 1863 Letcher Co KY d 1955; d/o Henry G Adams and Mary Polly Ann Webb.
5. Sarah Ann Adams b 17 Dec 1863 d 22 Nov 1951 Letcher Co KY; m. 11 Aug 1887 Letcher Co KY to Booker T Mullins b Sept 1863 VA d 8 Feb 1919 Letcher Co KY; s/o James Mullins and Rebecca Hayes.
6. William Riley Adams b 11 Jan 1866; m. 3 Jul 1886 Letcher Co KY to Susanna D Day b about 1867 d 1947; d/o Henry Blair Day and Mary Ann Polly Maggard.
7. Nancy J Adams b 1868.
8. Clarinda Adams b 5 Sept 1875; m. Evans Polly
and Nancy Frazier
Moses Adams b 1838 KY d about 1904; s/o Isaac B Adams and Nancy Hayes. Moses Adams m. 7 Sept 1893 to Nancy Frazier b 3 May 1860 Letcher Co KY d 27 Jan 1954 Letcher Co KY; d/o Daniel H Frazier and Evaline White. Children of Moses Adams and Nancy Frazier;
1. Rachel Adams b 27 Nov 1896 d 29 Jul 1973 Letcher Co KY; m. about 1917 to Ben F Harrison b 12 Jan 1892 d 16 Oct 1934 Letcher Co KY; buried Hop Gibson Cemetery, Cowan, Letcher Co KY.
2. Zachariah Adams b 1 Feb 1902 d 30 Jan 1977 Shelby Co KY
3. Maggie Adams b 13 Oct 1903 d 23 Oct 1963
Nancy Frazier and
Nancy Frazier b 3 May 1860 Letcher Co KY d 27 Jan 1954 Letcher Co KY; d/o Daniel H Frazier and Evaline White. Nancy Frazier m. Solomon Frazier b 8 Dec 1862 Oscaloosa, Letcher Co KY; s/o Solomon Frazier and Sarah Polly. Children of Solomon Frazier and Nancy Frazier;
1. Floyd Frazier b about 1886 died by hanging for the murder of Ellen Flannary 19 MAY 1910 in Whitesburg, Letcher Co, KY. He was convicted of the murder of Ellen Flannery on Pine Mountain. He was publicly hanged on the "School Hill" in Whitesburg, at the site of the old Whitesburg Grade School. Floyd Frazier was the last person sentenced to hanging by the courts of Letcher County. He was buried in the Hop Gibson Cemetery, Cowan, Letcher Co KY. The Washington Post reported the hanging as follows:
5000 SEE BOY HANGED: Young Murderer Pays Death Penalty Before Kentucky Throng
Whitesboro (sic), (Whitesburg) KY May 13 - Floyd Frazier, A young white boy, was hanged in the presence of 5,000 persons gathered from all parts of the mountain country. This was the first hanging in Letcher County, and will probably be the last in Kentucky, since electrocution has been legalized by the legislature.
Frazier murdered Mrs. Ellen Flannery, a poor widow, in May 1902. He buried the body and covered it with stones. A search was instituted for her, in which the murderer joined. He later confessed. He was a member of a prominent family.