John Henry Addington b 15 May 1878 Craft's Colly, Letcher Co
KY d 15 Dec 1953; buried Potter Cemetery, Payne Gap, Letcher Co KY; s/o
James Taylor Addington and Cecelia Adams. John Henry Addington m. 7 Sept 1904 to Rebecca Jane Potter b 15 Sept 1887 d 31 Mar 1947; d/o
Abraham Potter and Sarah Sally Wright. Children of John Henry Addington and Rebecca Jane Potter;
1. Edna Victoria Addington b 20 Aug 1905 d 1 Jul 1961; m. 27 Feb 1922 to Jesse Cleveland Holbrook b 9 Jul 1900 d 29 May 1976.
2. Sarah Ann Addington b 18 Aug 1908; m. 26 Dec 1930 to Goebel Adams b 6 Apr 1900.
3. Joel Martin Addington b 26 Aug 1911 d 7 Dec 1966; m. Ala Mae Baker.
4. Georgia Mae Addington b 30 Sept 1913 d 11 Sept 1980; m. 15 Aug 1943 to Thomas Tom Lewis b 8 Apr 1914 d 25 Aug 1984.
5. Violet Adel Addington b 24 Dec 1915 d as an infant; buried Potter Cemetery, Payne Gap, KY.
6. Bill Cecil Addington b 2 May 1917 d 22 Aug 1960; m. 25 Jan 1989 to Mary Gossett.
7. Cecelia Addington b 21 Jun 1924 d as an infant; buried Potter Family Cemetery, Payne Gap KY.
8. James Buford Addington b 29 Sept 1926 d as an infant; buried Potter Cemetery, Payne Gap, KY.
More About Rebecca Jane Potter Addington
Rebecca Jane Potter Addington was listed as a widow in the 19 Apr 1910 Millstone district 2 Elkhorn precinct, Letcher KY census. She is living with her Father, Abraham Potter and her mother, Sarah Wright. There are 2 girls listed as grand daughters of Abraham and Sarah in the household. One is Clara age 4 and Sara age 1 year and 8 mos.
Obituary of Rebecca Jane Potter Addington
The Mountain Eagle Newspaper, Whitesburg, Kentucky
Thursday, April 3, 1947 - Page Five
Mrs. John Henry Addington
Mrs. Rebecca Addington, passed quietly from this life at her home at Kona, Ky., on Monday morning, after an illness of near two years. She had been in poor health for the past three years, returning home from a Louisville Hospital, 19 months ago, since that time she had been at her home at Kona. Everything possible in medical and loving care was done for her, but nothing seemed to help restore her health. She was the daughter of the late Abraham and Sally Wright Potter, and was married to John Henry Addington 43 years ago.
To them was born the following children: Mrs. Edna Holbrook, Kona, Ky., Mrs. Georgia Lewis, Kona, Ky., Joe and Bill of Kona, John of Michigan, Cecilia and an infant boy deceased. She is survived by the bereaved husband and above children and one brother, Mart Potter of Isom, Ky., and several grand-children. She was amember of the Little Rock Baptist Church of Kona, Ky., and lived a devoted Christian life.
She was always kind to everyone, and had many friends. Through-out her illness she was patient and bore her suffering willingly. She loved her home, her family and was a good mother and wife. Her place will never again be filled in the heart of her loved ones and her passing has left a sad vacancy. Funeral services were held at the Residence at Kona on Thursday, April 3, 1947 at 10:00 A. M. with Elders Basil Hall, Frank Hopkins, T. R. Collier and Elzie Kiser, officiating. Burial in the Potter Cemetrery, Ky. River. Craft Funeral Home in charge of funeral arrangements.