Duran Akers and Martha Patsy Elliott
Duran Akers and
Martha Patsy Elliott
Duran Akers b 30 Dec 1894 d 19 Mar 1970; s/o Rhodes Akers and Alice Keel. Duran Akers m. 16 Mar 1916 to Martha Patsy Elliott b 3 Mar 1897 d 31 Aug 1958;
d/o Samuel Elliott and Louise Hamilton. Children of Duran Akers and Martha Patsy Elliott;
1. Lexie Akers; m. Joseph Younce (aka Yonts)
2. Ester Akers b 20 Aug 1922 Pike Co KY d 31 Oct 2012 Ashland KY; age 90; buried Frank Tackett Cemetery, Long Fork of Virgie KY; m. (1) to Reece Williams (deceased). Ester Akers m. (2) to Lloyd Hall. Ester Akers m. (3) to Albert Ab Branham (deceased). Ester Akers m. (4) to Charlie Johnson. Children of Ester Akers; i. Bob Williams; m. Doris Unknown. ii. Everett Williams; m. Karen Unknown iii. Lloyd Anthony Hall; m. Sharon Unknown iv. Glenna Tackett v. Dianna; m. Gene Clement
3. Nellie Akers b 29 Jan 1925 Pike Co KY d 7 Mar 2011; buried Flat Woods Cemetery, Pike Co KY; m. Otis Burke (deceased). Children of Otis Burke and Nellie Akers; i. Joe Burke (deceased) ii. Tom Burke (deceased) iii. Geraldine Burke; m. Male Hopkins iv. Pauline Burke; m. Male Pruitt. v. Betty Burke m. Male Belcher vi. Sue Burke; m. Male Charles vii. Patricia Burke; m. Male Adkins.
4. Pearlie Akers; (deceased before Oct 2012); m. David Holt
5. Marie Akers; (deceased before Oct 2012); m. Everett Hall
6. Myrtle Akers b 15 Mar 1932 d 27 Nov 2006; buried Kinney Branch Cemetery, Pikeville, Pike Co KY; m. General Damron b 4 Feb 1919 d 8 Mar 1990; buried Kinney Branch Cemetery, Pikeville, Pike Co KY; s/o Sam Damron and Delpha Branham.
7. Thomas Akers (deceased before Oct 2012); m. Female Roberts
8. Fannie M Akers b 17 Apr 1937 Pikeville, Pike Co KY d Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 Ashville OH; buried Green Summit Cemetery, Adelphi, OH; m. Andrew Casebolt. Children of Andrew Casebolt and Fannie M Akers; i. Gregory Casebolt; m. Charlene Barbour ii. Sheila Casebolt; m. Male Watts.
9. Leslie Akers (deceased before 2012); m. Male Younts
Obituary of Fannie M Akers Casebolt
April 17, 1937 - December 15, 2015
Fannie M. Casebolt (78) of Ashville went home to be with the Lord Tuesday, December 15, 2015. She was born on April 17, 1937 in Pikeville, Kentucky to the late Duran and Patty (Ellet) Akers. She was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother. Fannie was a Christian for over seventy years and a member of Lockbourne Freewill Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by her, great-grandson Kyle Casebolt, brother Thomas Akers, sisters Esther Branham , Marie Hall, Nellie Burke, Pearlie Holt, and Myrtle Damron; Fannie is survived by her husband of 55 years, Andrew Casebolt; son Gregory (Charlene Barbour) Casebolt of Ironton, OH and daughter Sheila Watts of Circleville, OH; grandchildren Chris Watts, Jason Watts, Robert Casebolt, Jamie Casebolt, Sarah Casebolt, McKayla Babbs, Christa Casebolt, and Taylor Casebolt; and seven great-grandchildren. Friends may call on Friday from 6-9pm at Oliver-Cheek Funeral Home 420 W. Main St. Ashville. Funeral service will be held at 2:00p.m. Saturday, December 19, 2015 with Pastor Leon Stevens officiating. Interment will follow in Green Summit Cemetery, Adelphi, OH. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to American Heart Association PO Box 15120 Chicago, IL 60693
Obituary of Ester Akers Branham
Ester Branham, 90, of Virgie, died Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012, at Ashland Community Hospice Care Center, Ashland. She was born in Pike County, Aug. 20, 1922, the daughter of the late Duran Akers and Patty Elliott Akers. She was retired, formerly a custodian at Pikeville Medical Center, and was a member of Caney Freewill Baptist Church. Besides her parents, she was preceded in death by her first husband, Reese Williams; her second husband, Lloyd Hall; her third husband, Ab Branham; one brother, Thomas Akers; and five sisters, Leslie Younce, Nellie Burke, Pearl Holt, Marie Hall and Myrtle Damron. She is survived by three sons, Bob Williams (Doris), Everett Williams (Karen) and Lloyd Anthony Hall (Sharon); two daughters, Glenna Tackett and Dianne Clement (Gene); one sister, Fannie Casebolt (Andrew); 10 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren, and one great-great-grandchild. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 2, in the Lucas & Son Funeral Home Chapel with Sam Crawford and Brent Baker officiating. Burial will follow in the Frank Tackett Cemetery, Long Fork of Virgie (KY). Arrangements are under direction of Lucas & Son Funeral Home of Pikeville. Special services will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Obituary of Nellie Akers Burke
(January 29, 1925 - March 7, 2011)
Nellie Burke age 86 passed away Monday, March 7, 2011 at her residence. Nellie was born on January 29th, 1925 to her parents the late Duran Akers and Patty Akers. She was the wife of the late Otis Burke, a homemaker, and a member of Caney Creek Old Regular Baptist Church. Along with her husband and parents, Nellie was preceded in death by four sisters, Lexie Young, Myrtle Damron, Marie Hall, and Pearle Holt, two sons, Joe Burke, Tom Burke, one brother, Thomas Akers, two daughters, Geraldine Hopkins and Pauline Pruitt. Nellie is survived by three daughters, Betty Belcher, Sue Charles, Patricia Adkins, two sisters, Ester Branham, Fannie Casebolt, seventeen grandchildren, twenty-three great-grandchildren, five great great grandchildren, and a host of loving family and friends. Visitation will be Tuesday at 6p.m. at the Caney Creek Old Regular Baptist Church. The funeral will be Thursday, March 10th, at 11a.m. at the Caney Creek Old Regular Baptist Church with Kermit Wright and others officiating. The burial will follow in the Flat Woods Cemetery.