William Campbell b 25 Jun 1768 NJ d Apr 1843 (or 1833) Pike Co KY; buried Chloe Cemetery, Mouth of Chloe Creek, Pike Co KY; m. 6 Feb 1800 Culpepper Co VA to Nancy Margaret Woodward b 22 Jul 1778 VA; buried Chloe Cemetery, Mouth of Chloe Creek, Pike Co KY. (1850 Pike Co KY Census). Children of William Campbell and Nancy Margaret Woodward:
1. Sarah Campbell b 27 Apr 1801 Kanawha, WV; m. 22 Apr 1821 Floyd Co KY to William C Maynard.
2. Elizabeth Campbell b 19 Oct 1802 Floyd Co KY d 1833 Floyd Co KY; m. 11 Jun 1818 (or 15 Jun 1818) Floyd Co KY to Simeon Parsons b 1801 Pittsylvania VA d 1850 Ozark Co MO; s/o Gabriel Parsons and
3. Margaret Campbell b 29 Apr 1804 Culpepper Co VA d about 1850 KY; in childbirth; m. 24 Apr 1823 by Haman Williamson to Abner James b 9 Mar 1804 Ashe Co NC d 9 Mar 1889 Boyd Co KY; military service, Co C 39th KY Mounted Infantry Regiment; s/o Samuel James and Sarah Charles. Abner James m. 7 Dec 1854 Floyd Co KY (divorced 4 May 1855) to (2) Elizabeth McVeigh. Abner James m. 24 Jun 1856 Pike Co KY to (3) Millie Young b 1822 Floyd Co KY. Abner James m. after 1861 to (4) Elizabeth Gray b 1834 d 2 Mar 1885 Martin Co KY. Abner James m. 13 Jul 1885 Martin Co KY to (5) Martha Rife b 1850 VA d 11 Apr 1912 Whites Creek, Wayne Co WV.
4. Susannah Campbell b 7 Jun 1806 d about 1850 Lawrence Co KY; m. 17 May 1821 Floyd Co KY to George Parsons b 1805 VA d about 1850 Lawrence Co KY; s/o Gabriel Parsons and
5. James Campbell b 26 Nov 1807 m. Melinda Parsons b 1803 KY; d/o Gabriel Parsons and Sarah Justice.
6. David Campbell b 31 Jan 1809 m. 19 Mar 1829 Floyd Co KY to Nancy Beverly
7. Lydia Campbell b 2 Dec 1810 VA d 12 Jan 1882 De Kalb, AL m. 13 Mar 1832 Pike Co KY to Richard Parsons b 1810 Pike Co KY; s/o Gabriel Parsons and Sarah Justice.
8. Nancy Campbell b 16 May 1812 d 17 Dec 1890 m. 30 Dec 1828 (or 5 Jan 1829) Pike Co KY to George Justice Jr b 12 Dec 1805 Floyd (now Pike) Co KY d 29 Mar 1878 Pike Co KY; s/o George Justice and Nancy Smith.
9. William W. Campbell b 16 Jul 1814 d 20 Feb 1887; m. 15 Feb 1835 Pike Co KY to Mary Slone b about 1816 KY.
10. Sophia Campbell b 6 Feb 1816; m. 28 Jan 1834 Pike Co KY to Thomas Greenberry Chaney b about 1814 VA.
11. Mary J. Campbell b 21 Jul 1818 KY d 18 Jul 1896 Buchanan Co VA of dropsey; m. 5 Jan 1836 Pike Co KY to John Conway.
12. Polly Campbell b 2 Feb 1828
More About William Campbell
The first Justice of the Peace in Pike County was William Campbell who came to Floyd County (Now Pike County) in 1818. He acquired most of Upper Chloe Creek from Shelby to the top of Chloe Mountain (previously called Road Fork) and up the creek towards Frozen Creek. His son William Woodward Campbell stayed in the same area. William Woodward's son Thomas Campbell was a Baptist Preacher that also stayed on the Campbell land. Two of Thomas' children Alvin and Steve (my Grandfather) lived their lives out on the Campbell farm as did several of their children. I too am one of those that are still living on part of the original land acquired by William in 1818. Information submitted by Eddie Campbell.