Henry Harrison Combs
and Frances Matilda Reynolds
Henry Harrison Combs b 6 Mar 1889 KY d 16 Dec 1978; buried Hall Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY; s/o William Rhea Ray Combs and Catherine Polly. Henry Harrison Combs m. 26 Dec 1913 to Frances Matilda Reynolds b 11 Jun 1892 Letcher Co KY d 3 Mar 1988 Knott Co KY; buried Hall Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY; d/o William Henry Reynolds and Mahala Hall. Children of Henry Harrison Combs and Frances Matilda Reynolds;
1. Smith Combs b 11 May 1915 Letcher Co KY d 15 May 1956 Letcher Co KY; buried Hall Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY
2. Flem Combs
3. Cassie Combs b abt 1918 Letcher Co KY; m. Male Adams.
4. Eunice Combs b 1922; m. James Bruce Adams b 27 Jul 1920 Southdown, Letcher Co KY d 24 Mar 1966; buried Evergreen Cemetery, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; s/o John Patton Adams and Elizabeth Marilyn Lizzie Franklin.
5. Brack Combs b 4 Jul 1924 Ermine, Letcher Co KY d 21 May 2013 Nashville, Howard Co Arkansas; m. 11 Dec 1948 Letcher Co KY to Oma Ruth Cornett b 20 Feb 1925 Letcher Co KY d 14 Apr 1965 Harlan Hospital, Harlan KY; age 39; buried Uz Cemetery, Dry Fork, Letcher Co KY; d/o John Cornett and Molly Dixon. Brack Combs m. Millie Holbrook. Oma Ruth Cornett m. Homer J Easterling.
8. Jack Combs b abt 1927 Letcher Co KY
9. Harry Combs b abt 1929 Letcher Co KY
10. Francis Lucille Combs b 10 May 1933 d 20 May 2012 Nashville, Howard Co Arkansas; buried Hicks Cemetery, Pike Co Arkansas; m. Raymond Lee Cox b 5 Jul 1929 Delight, Pike Co Arkansas d 13 Aug 2014 Fayetteville, Washington Co Arkansas; buried Hicks Cemetery, Kirby, Pike Co Arkansas; s/o Walter B Cox and Annie Pearl Bateman. Children of Raymond Lee Cox and Francis Lucille Combs;
i. Francis Mahalia Cox
ii. Debra Cox; m. Kenneth McMillan
iii. Raymond L Cox Jr; m. Nancy Jane Unknown.
Obituary: Raymond Lee Cox
5 Jul 1929 - 13 Aug 2014
Raymond Lee Cox, 85 of Fayetteville, formerly of Hope and Murfreesboro, died Wednesday, August 13, 2014. Raymond was born July 5, 1929 in Delight to the late Walter and Pearl (Bateman) Cox. He is also preceded in death by wife, Francis Lucille (Combs) Cox; daughters Francis Mahalia and Fannie Matilda Cox; granddaughter Jennifer Lucille Cox; brothers Clifford and Jamie Cox; and sisters Eunice Higgins, Nettie Mae Conyers, and Bonnie Smith. Mr. Cox was of the Baptist faith, and served in the US Army during the Korean Conflict. He was a member of the VFW and retired from Arkansas State Highway Department. He is survived by children Debra Cox-McMillan and husband Kenneth McMillan of Winslow and Raymond L. Cox, Jr. and wife Nancy Jane of Nathan; siblings Darlene Boyd of Highland Home, Alabama, Ruby Marstellar of Benson, Arizona, Calvin Cox of Pike City, Arkansas, and Walter L. Cox of Hopkins, South Carolina; grandchildren Amanda Jane Cox of Nathan, Raymond L. Cox, III of Murfreesboro, Amber McMillan of Winslow and Zachary McMillan of Winslow; and great-grandchildren Emma Jane Cox and Addie Lucille Cox of Nathan. Graveside funeral service 2pm Saturday, August 16, 2014 at Hicks Cemetery in Kirby Pike Co Arkansas.
Obituary: Francis Matilda Combs
11 Jun 1892 - 3 Mar 1988
Francis Matilda Combs: Mrs Combs, 95, dies in Hindman (Kentucky): Francis Matilda Combs, 95, died March 3 (1988) at the knott County Health Care Center at Hindman. She was the daughter of the late Bill and Mahala Hall Reynolds and the widow of Henry Harrison Combs. She was a member of the Thornton Old Regular Baptist Church. Surviving are four sons, Brack Combs, Flem Combs, both of Nashville, Ark., and Jack Combs and Harry Combs, both of Ermine; three daughters, Cassie Adams, Ermine; Eunice S Adams Hall, Jenkins, and Lucille Cox, Ozan, Ark.; two brothers, Joe Reynolds, Whitesburg, and Jim Reynolds, Mayking, and three sisters, Ollie Holbock, Cora Frazier, and Siller Polly, all of Whitesburg. Funeral services were held March 6 (1988) at the chapel of Letcher Funeral Home. Burial was in the Hall Cemetery, at Ermine. (Letcher Co KY)