Russell Hacker Combs
and Leodicia Dicy Polly
Russell Hacker Combs b 2 Mar 1828 Ermine, Letcher Co KY d 29 Jun 1907 Letcher Co KY; s/o Shadrack Shade Combs and Martha Patsy Casebolt. Russell Hacker Combs m. 1852 Letcher Co KY to Leodicia Dicy Polly b 1834; d/o Henry C Polly and Martha Patsy Hall. (1850 Letcher Co KY Census and 1860 Letcher Co KY Census). Children of Russell Hacker Combs and Dicy Polly;
1. Henry Russell Combs b 25 Mar 1853 Letcher Co KY d 11 May 1876 of fever Smoot Creek, Letcher Co KY; m. 15 Apr 1876 Letcher Co KY to Mary Polly Ann Ison b 19 Feb 1858 Letcher Co KY d 17 Apr 1936; d/o George Henderson Ison and Hannah Hall. Mary Polly Ann Ison m. 17 Apr 1878 to Henry Ingram. Mary Polly Ann Ison m. about 1882 to David Dave Day, b 19 Mar 1860; s/o John Day and Polly Banks. Children of Mary Polly Ann Ison and David Day;
i. Zack Day b 21 Jan 1885 d 1968; m. Polly Ann Hogg b 24 Jul 1885 d 7 May 1948; d/o Kelly Hogg and Sarah Sally Fields.
ii. George Day b 15 Oct 1885
iii. Harve Day b 21 Jan 1889
iv. Henry Day b 5 Oct 1900
2. Edward Combs b 25 Mar 1855 Letcher Co KY d by lynching (hung but innocent) 28 Mar 1883 Letcher Co KY; m. Jane Williams. Edward Combs m. Mary Jane Bates. (source)
3. Lavinia Vina Combs b 11 Jan 1857 Mayking, Letcher Co KY d 2 Jun 1936 Letcher Co KY; m. 12 Apr 1876 Letcher Co KY to Spencer D Spence Dixon b 26 Apr 1855 d 15 Apr 1892, resided Elk Creek, Letcher Co KY; s/o John Dixon and Ellender Nellie Adams.
4. William Combs b 5 Mar 1859 Letcher Co KY.
5. Eveline Ev Combs (aka Evelyn) b 7 Apr 1863 Letcher Co KY d 21 Sept 1947 (or 22 Sept 1948) Letcher Co KY; buried Combs Cemetery, Ermine, KY buried 19 May 1881 Letcher Co KY to Harvey Harve G Franklin b 28 Jan 1860 VA d 1 Feb 1949 Letcher Co KY; buried Combs Cemetery, Ermine, Letcher co KY; s/o James Bradley Franklin and Didema Hall. Marriage license listed spelling of bride's name as Evaline. Surety for the marriage license was E. Ciserro Cox. Harvey G Franklin was a tall man; his grandchildren recall that he had to stoop to pass through the doorways of their house. They suggest he was approximately 6' 6 or 6' 7 tall. (Source).
6. Margaret Combs b 1864 Letcher Co KY
7. George W Combs b 10 May 1865 Letcher Co KY d 22 Oct 1948; buried Sandlick Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; m. 5 Aug 1890 Letcher Co KY to Mary Elizabeth Lizzie Stallard, b 31 Oct 1875 d 19 Mar 1953; buried Sandlick Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; d/o James Marion Stallard and Louise Sergent.
8. Henrietta Ritter Combs b 27 May 1867 Letcher Co KY d 13 Dec 1942; m. 4 Mar 1892 Letcher Co KY to Granville Pearl Wallen b 17 Jul 1861 Scott Co VA d 1908 Letcher Co KY.
9. Shadrick Shade R Combs b 8 Mar 1869 Letcher Co KY d 18 Nov 1946; m. 17 Aug 1891 Letcher Co KY to
Mary Elizabeth Betty Hart b Feb 1864 Letcher Co KY; d/o John Hugh Hart and Jane
Adams. Mary Elizabeth Betty Hart m. 13 Oct 1890 Letcher Co KY to (1) Jesse A Adams b 2 Nov 1850 Craft's Colly, Ermine, Letcher Co KY, d 25 Oct 1912 Letcher Co KY; s/o Allen Adams and Cynthia Ann Thornsberry. Jesse Adams m. 5 Mar 1876 Letcher Co KY to (1) Cynthia Jones b 1853 NC.
10. Minerva Combs b 11 Jan 1871 Letcher Co KY d 4 Nov 1954 Letcher Co KY; buried Sandlick Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; m. 18 Apr 1892 Letcher Co KY to Joseph Elias Craft b 24 Jun 1869 d 27 Sept 1950; buried Sandlick Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; s/o William Richardson Craft and Emily Jane Sergent.
11. Jane Combs b 4 Sept 1873 Letcher Co KY d 23 Oct 1948 Taney Co MO; buried Taney Co MO; m. 1893 to Watson G Watty Whitaker b 11 Nov 1872 Blackey, Letcher Co KY d 16 Jun 1963; buried Taney Co MO; s/o Isaac J Ike Whitaker and Nancy Caudill. Jane Combs m. 1930 to Thomas Amburgey b 1863 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; s/o William H Limpy Bill Amburgey and Mary Polly Scalf. Thomas Amburgey m. 21 Dec 1889 to Sylvia Everage. Sylvia Everage m. Arch Madden and Bill Perkins.
12. Joseph Combs b 8 Aug 1874 Letcher Co KY d 11 Jan 1974 Craft's Colly, Letcher Co KY. Source m. 4 May 1896 Letcher Co KY to Susan Stallard b 7 Aug 1878 d 24 Nov 1950; d/o James Marion Stallard and Louise Sergent. The marriage was solemnized at the home of J. M. Stallard. Marriage Book #10.
13. James Jim Combs b 8 Apr 1876 Smoot Creek, Letcher Co KY d 18 Jan 1967 Letcher Co KY; buried Stallard Cemetery, Crafts Colly, Letcher Co KY; m. Minerva Stallard b 26 Feb 1880 Letcher Co KY d 30 Oct 1941 Letcher Co KY; buried Stallard Cemetery, Crafts Colly, Letcher Co KY; d/o James Marion Stallard and Louise Sergent.
14. Enoch Mack Combs b Feb 1879 Letcher Co KY d 17 Mar 1970; m. Ida Hall. Children of Enoch Mack Combs and Ida Hall;
i. Blaine Mason Combs
ii. Vina Combs
iii. John R Combs b 1903 d 24 Oct 1972 Letcher Co KY.