William Nelson Big Bill Fleming
and Malinda Maggie Harrison
William Nelson "Big Bill" Fleming b 20 Jan 1896 d 7 Mar 1958; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Hemphill, Letcher Co KY; s/o Solomon "Black Sol" Fleming and Esther F Branham. William Nelson "Big Bill" Fleming m. Malinda Maggie Harrison. Children of William Nelson "Big Bill" Fleming and Malinda Maggie Harrison;
1. Della Mae Fleming b 12 Mar 1914 Etty, Pike Co KY; m. 9 Nov 1933 Pike Co KY to Ernest Clyde Johnson b 7 Mar 1913 Etty, Pike Co KY.
2. Virgil Fleming b 12 Oct 1915 Pike Co KY; m. Ethel Strange b 12 Mar 1916 Knott Co KY; d/o Robert Strange and Winnie Mullins.
3. Grady Ernest Fleming b 25 Jan 1917 Long Fork Etty, Pike Co KY; m. Louise Sparks b 28 Nov 1928.
4. Bessie Marie Fleming b 30 Dec 1918; m. (1) Elmer C Johnson b 30 Dec 1915. Bessie Marie Fleming m. (2) John Rush Sesco b 21 Apr 1918.
5. Leo Fleming b 15 Mar 1920 Etty Pike Co KY d 13 Apr 2002; m. 7 Dec 1946 Pikeville, KY Court house to Florence Fouts b 13 Dec 1930 Etty Pike Co KY.
6. William "Junior" Fleming Jr b 20 Nov 1922 Etty Pike Co KY; m. Helen Hall b 11 Jul 1930 Letcher Co KY; d/o Tildon Hall and Lona Hall.
7. Ollie Josephine Fleming b 10 Nov 1923 Etty Pike Co KY d 18 Aug 1986; m. 21 Dec 1940 Freeburn Pike Co KY to Ansie Daniels b 4 Oct 1920 Spruce Valley WV d 1986.
8. Carrie Myrtle Fleming b 25 Sept 1925 Etty Pike Co KY; m. Wayne Marcum Johnson b WV.
William Nelson Fleming
and Nannie Bertha Stewart
William Nelson "Big Bill" Fleming b 20 Jan 1896 d 7 Mar 1958; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Hemphill, Letcher Co KY; s/o Solomon "Black Sol" Fleming and Esther F Branham, m. 15 Oct 1937 Boone Gap, Pike or Letcher Co KY to Nannie Bertha Stewart b 10 Nov 1909 d 4 Feb 1998 Thornton, Letcher Co KY; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Hemphill, Letcher Co KY; d/o Robert "Bob" Stewart and Mary Mullins. Children of William Nelson Big Bill Fleming and Nannie Bertha Stewart;
1. Carrie Willa Fleming b 15 Jan 1936 Jackhorn KY; m. 20 Jun 1953 Ray Baker b 18 Jun 1933 Colson KY; s/o Millard Baker and Easter Sexton.
2. Fred Wilson Fleming b 15 Feb 1937 Pike Co KY d 2 Dec 1978 Lorain OH; m. 25 Sept 1953 to Georgia Ellen Pittman b 25 Sept 1936 d 8 Jan 2017; d/o Hobert Pittman and Anna Lee Hall.
3. Wanda Lee Fleming b 10 Jun 1939 Etty Pike Co KY; m. 12 Mar 1956 to Roy Richard "Ray" Damron b 23 Mar 1937 Stone, KY.
4. Fayetta Fleming b 13 Aug 1940; m. 17 Apr 1958 to Martin Ray McKinney b 22 Dec 1939 Neon KY; s/o John Ira McKinney and Rachel Jane Coots Fields. Fayetta Fleming m. 25 Dec 1986 to Charles Luther Hall b 27 Feb 1940 Floyd Co KY; s/o Willie Hall and Lillian Conn.
5. Silas Johnson (s/o Jerry Johnson and Susie Hall) b 13 Jul 1940 Etty, Pike Co KY (delivered by midwife) d 23 Feb 2003 UK Med Center, Lexington, Fayette Co KY age 62 years, 7 months 10 days of age; m. 5 Feb 1959 to Amanda Jane Johnson b 25 Nov 1941 Millstone, KY.
6. Harold Lee Fleming b 5 Jun 1942 Pike Co KY d 2 Jun 1989 Lorain OH buried 7 Jun 1989 Hemphill Cemetery, Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY, m. 2 Apr 1960 Letcher Co KY to (1) Darla Stewart; d/o Earl Stewart and and Nebraska Stewart. Harold Lee Fleming m. 23 Jun 1962 to (2) Shirley Wilkerson b 18 Sept 1948 d/o Hugh Wilkerson and Jewell Derring. Harold Lee Fleming m. 12 Dec 1972 to (3) Faye Stines. Harold Lee Fleming m. 25 May 1974 to (4) Lorraine Boggs b 26 Sept 1956 Toledo OH d/o Bobby Eugene Boggs and Vester J Bentley. Harold Lee Fleming m. to (5) Connie Frances Perez.
7. Ruby Jean Fleming b 5 Oct 1945 Jackhorn KY at home; m. 7 Apr 1962 to James Earl Boggs b 10 Aug 1943 Pound VA. Arnold Tackett b 30 Apr 1932; m. Clare Ellen Ratcliff (Ratliff?) b 27 Mar 1931.
Thanks to Hazel Potter Thompson for additions and corrections to this family.
OBITUARY OF NANNIE BERTHA (STEWART) FLEMING
Nannie Bertha Fleming, daughter of the late Mary (Mullins) Stewart and Bob Stewart was born at Etty, KY November 10, 1909. She passed from this life at her home at Thornton, KY on February 4, 1998, making her stay here on earth 88 years, 2 months and 24 days. Nannie was married to "Big" Bill Fleming on October 15; 1937, on horse back at Boone Gap. He preceded her in death March 7, 1958, Also preceding her were sons: Virgil, Grady, Arnold, Fred and Harold. Daughters: Ollie and Myrtle. She had been a member of the Church of Christ for over 50 years.
Nannie is survived by sons: Leo of Hamden, Ohio; William and Silas both of Jackhorn, KY. Daughters: Della Johnson of McRoberts, KY. Bessie Sisco of Ft. Pierce, Florida; Carrie Baker of Thornton, KY. Wanda Damron and Fayetta Hall both of Lorain, Ohio and Ruby Boggs of Millstone, KY.
Also surviving are 74 grandchildren, 120 great grandchildren and a host of other relatives and friends to mourn her passing. Funeral services for Nannie Bertha Fleming will be conducted from the Hemphill Church of Christ, Hemphill, KY on Saturday, February 7, 1998 at 1:00 p.m. Officiating ministers: Darrell Strange and Hargis Hall. Active pallbearers: grandsons. Burial will follow in the Hemphill Cemetery, Hemphill, KY. Everidge Funeral Home of Whitesburg, KY in charge of funeral arrangements.
OBITUARY OF WILLIAM "JUNIOR" FLEMING
William Junior Fleming, son of the late William and Maggie Harrison Fleming was born at Etty, Kentucky on November 20, 1922. He entered eternal life on Sunday, February 16, 2003 at the Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky, making his stay here on earth 80 years, 2 months and 27 days.Junior married Helen Hall at Goose Creek, Kentucky. Junior gave his life back to the lord on February 6, 2003 at the Whitesburg Appalachian Regional Hospital. He was a proud coal miner having worked in the coal fields for over 40 years.He was preceded in death by brothers, Grady, Harold, Fred, Virgil, Billy Ray, Leo and Step-brother Arnold Tackett; sisters: Myrtle, Ollie, Bessie. Della and stepmother Nannie.
Junior is survived by his wife Helen; daughter and son-in-law Lona Gail and Lester Boggs; sons and daughters-in-law: Bennie and Neva Fleming; Ricky Lynn and Susie Fleming, all of Letcher County; sisters: Ruby Boggs of Millstone, Kentucky, Carrie Baker of Thornton. Kentucky, Wanda Damron and Fayetta Hall, both of Loraine, Ohio; brothers: James Damron of London, Kentucky; Silas Johnson of Jackhorn, Kentucky. Also surviving are 4 grandchildren, 7 step-grandchildren, 8 great-grandchildren and a host of other relatives and friends to mourn his passing.
Daddy, you are loved and will be missed.