and Malvina Polly
Hiram "Courthouse Hiram" Hogg b 18 Oct 1800 Taylor Co (now Owsley Co) KY d 27 Oct 1863 Owsley Co KY; buried Hogg Cemetery, Booneville, Owsley Co KY; s/o Stephen Hogg and Sarah Williams. Hiram "Courthouse Hiram" Hogg m. 14 Dec 1820 Floyd Co KY to Malvina "Lavina" Polly b 1804 TN d 4 Apr 1846 (bio dod 12 Apr 1846) Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; d/o Edward Polly and Mary Agnes Polly Mullins (or Sallie Parker - see bio). (1850 Letcher Co KY Census and 1860 Letcher Co KY Census). Children of Hiram "Courthouse Hiram" Hogg and Malvina "Lavina" Polly;
1. Infant Hogg
2. George Hogg
3. Susannah Hogg b 20 May 1822 Perry (now Letcher) Co KY; m. 19 Nov 1841 Perry Co KY to Solomon Frazier b 1817; s/o Jonathon Frazier and Elizabeth "Betsy" Banks.
4. Mary Polly Hogg b 3 Jul 1824 Perry Co KY; m. Gilbert Williams b 1813 KY; s/o Coleman Williams and Cynthia Davis. Gilbert Williams m. (1) to Nan Sparks.
5. James W Hogg b 22 Jun 1826 Perry Co KY; m. 1849 Letcher Co KY to Mary Adams b 1 Feb 1826; d/o Randolph "Randall" Adams and Nancy Caudill.
6. Sarah "Sallie" Hogg b 21 May 1829 Perry Co KY; m. 17 Oct 1847 Letcher Co KY to Isaac
Williams b 1825; s/o John Williams and Sarah Tudor (aka Cudor).
7. George Hogg b 1830 Perry Co KY d about 1830.
8. Stephen Polly Hogg b 24 Oct 1831 Whitesburg, Perry (now Letcher) Co KY d 20 Oct 1917 Breathitt Co KY; buried Owsley Co KY; m. 1 Jan 1859 to Sally Ann Combs b 20 Jun 1842 d 8 Oct 1888 buried Owsley Co KY; d/o Jackson G Combs and Martha Crank.
9. Hiram Hogg b 15 Nov 1833 Perry Co KY d 29 Aug 1916 Owsley Co KY buried Owsley Co KY; m. 29 Dec 1859 to Virginia Snyder (aka Schneider) b 12 Jan 1845 d 12 Apr 1922 Owsley Co KY; buried Owsley Co KY; d/o Jacob Snyder and Kernan Davidson.
10. Henry Hogg b 29 Jan 1836 d 2 Feb 1912 moved to CA; m. 16 Apr 1867 to Martha Marion.
11. Edward F Hogg b 14 Apr 1838 d 4 Feb 1863 near Vicksburg while serving in the Union Army in the Civil War.
12. Nancy Hogg b 4 Nov 1839 d 1905; m. 1855 to John Stamper b 1837 d 1905, s/o James B Stamper and Polly Robinson.
13. Rosa "Rausey" Hogg b about 1840 Taylor Co KY; m. 1861 Letcher Co KY to Watson E "Watty" Adams b 6 Apr 1837 Taylor Co KY d 6 Jan 1919 KY; buried Watson Adams Cemetery, Rte 588 Mouth of Cowan, Cowan Letcher Co KY; s/o Randolph "Randall" Adams and Nancy Caudill.
14. Lucinda Hogg b 1842 d 19 Oct 1855.
15. Manerva Hogg b about 1843 Letcher Co KY; m. 25 Oct 1864 Letcher Co KY to Pleasant Sturdivant b Jul 1845; s/o Thomas Sturdivant and Sarah Noe.
16. Tennessee Ray "Rhea" Hogg (male) b 2 Apr 1844 d 24 Sept 1863 during his service in the Union Army in the Civil War.
17. William Wesley Hogg b about 1846 d 26 Apr 1927; m. 20 Mar 1866 Letcher Co KY to Sarah Emaline "Emma" Williams b about 1847 KY; d/o William Williams and Ellender Maggard.
Hiram "Courthouse Hiram" Hogg b 18 Oct 1800 Taylor Co (now Owsley Co) KY d 27 Oct 1863 Owsley Co KY; buried Hogg Cemetery, Booneville, Owsley Co KY; s/o Stephen Hogg and Sarah Williams. Hiram Hogg m. 22 Nov 1846 Letcher Co KY to Mary Polly Roark b 1821 d 1884;d/o James Roark and Phoebe Cornett. Children of Hiram Hogg and Mary "Polly" Roark;
1. Maletha "Letha" Hogg (Martha) b 30 Dec 1847 Ermine, Letcher Co KY d May 1919 Omaha NE; m. 1865 to James W Hogg b 1845 Letcher Co KY d 1927 Omaha, NE; s/o James Hogg and Laodicia
2. Solomon T Hogg b 1850 Letcher Co KY; m. CA to Frances Grant.
3. Paulina "Perline" Hogg b 27 Oct 1852 Letcher Co KY d 4 Nov 1935; m. 13 Dec 1866 to John Breeding.
4. Mary Hogg b 15 Feb 1853 Letcher Co KY; m. Whitley Minter.
5. Greenville "Green" B Hogg b 15 Feb 1855 Letcher Co KY d 29 Dec 1883 Letcher Co KY; m. 26 Dec 1874 Letcher Co KY to Nancy Williams b 29 Jan 1855 Letcher Co KY d 1920; d/o
William Williams and Mary A Polly. Children of Greenville "Green" Hogg and Nancy Williams;
i. Charles Hogg b 9 Feb 1875 Letcher Co KY d 25 Oct 1955 Letcher Co KY; m. 9 Feb 1912 to Lina Kincer b 28 Feb 1893 Letcher Co KY d 26 Feb 1963 Hollywood, FL; buried Mayking, Letcher Co KY; d/o William Harvey Kincer and Elizabeth Jane "Betty" Craft. Children of Charles Hogg and Lina Kincer;
I. Anne Marie Hogg b 1918 Mayking, Letcher Co KY (obituary in Mountain Eagle newspaper, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY); m. Harold G Hurst.
II. Ray H Hogg b about 1921 d 31 Dec 2010
Services are set for Ray H. Hogg: 2011-01-05 / Obituaries: Ray H. Hogg, 90, died December 31, 2010 at Thomson Hood Veterans Center in Wilmore. Born in Letcher County, Kentucky to the late Charles and Lina Hogg, he was a brother of the late Astor Hogg, Morris Hogg, Edd Hogg, Betty Coburn and Anne Hurst. He was graduated from Whitesburg High School and attended Eastern
Kentucky University, and was graduated from the University of Kentucky with bachelor and master of science degrees. Hogg served in the U.S. Army Air Force, attained the rank of captain, and commanded a B26 bomber with the Ninth Air Force 397th Bombardment Group. He completed 25 bombing missions over Belgium and Germany in 1945. He served as an educator in Falmouth for 30 years. He remained in the Air Force Reserves, retiring as a lieutenant colonel, and served as the Kentucky Liaison Officer to the Air Force Academy. He was a member of Anchor Baptist Church. Surviving are two sisters, Polly Combs and husband Arthur, Louisville, and Nancy Hogg, Lexington; a sister- in- law Emogene Hogg-Hartman, Berea; and 11 nieces and nephews. Funeral services will be held January 6. A private graveside service will be held in Mayking with the burial conducted by Everidge Funeral Home of Whitesburg, Letcher County, Kentucky
III. Morris Hogg
IV. Edd Hogg
V. Astor Hogg
VI. Betty Hogg; m. Male Coburn
VII. Polly Hogg; m. Arthur Combs
VIII. Nancy Hogg
ii. Lina Hogg b 1878 d 1958 m. James Dixon.
iii. Hood Hogg b 1880 d 1884.
iv. Willie Green Hogg b 1884 d 1936 m. Annie Hall
1860 Letcher Co KY Census
19 344 344 Hogg Hiram 55 M . Farm Laborer 5,000 1,750 VA
20 344 344 Hogg Mary 31 F . . . . KY . . X . .
21 344 344 Hogg Rosa 19 F . . . . KY . . . . .
22 344 344 Hogg Rhea 16 M . . . . KY X X . . .
23 344 344 Hogg Wesley 14 M . . . . KY X X . . .
24 344 344 Hogg Martha 13 F . . . . KY . X . . .
25 344 344 Hogg Solomon 11 M . . . . KY X X . . .
26 344 344 Hogg Perline 8 M . . . . KY X X . . .
27 344 344 Hogg Mary 7 F . . . . KY . X . . .
28 344 344 Hogg Green B. 5 M . . . . KY . . . . .
29 344 344 Maders Darkis 44 F . . . . VA . . X . .
Bio of Hiram Hogg
Hiram Hogg, a native of Culpepper, Court House, VA. was born October 18, 1800, and was brought to Kentucky in 1802 by his parents, who settled where Whitesburg is now located. He followed farming and tanning all his life, and about 1848 he represented Letcher, Perry and Clay Counties in the Legislature one term. In 1820 he married Levina Polly, a daughter of Edward Polly and Sally Parker of Tennessee. To their union were born twelve children, viz: Susana, Pollie, James, Sallie, an infant, Stephen P., Hiram, Henry, Edward F., Nancy, Lucinda and Tennessee. His wife died April 12, 1846, and in 1848 Mr. Hogg married Pollie Roark, a daughter of James and Phoebe Cornett Roark, natives of Virginia. They became the parents of seven children, viz: Rosa, William W. Maletha, Paulina, Mary, Solomon and Green. Hiram Hogg was sheriff of Letcher County in early life, and subsequently served as county judge for a number of years. He died in 1863, and was a son of Stephen and Sallie Williams Hogg, natives of Culpeper County, Va.; his grandfather was a native of England.