Benjamin Woodson Woody Holbrook
and Nancy Quillen
Benjamin Woodson Woody Holbrook b Mar 1847 Letcher Co KY d 1905 Letcher Co KY; s/o William Buck Holbrook and Sarah Sally Adams. Benjamin Woodson Woody Holbrook m. 30 Mar 1871 Letcher Co KY to Nancy Quillen b 20 NOV 1853 Letcher Co KY d 16 Dec 1928 Greenup Co KY; buried Bentley Cemetery, Big White Oak, Greenup Co KY; d/o Richard Quillen and Catherine Yonts. Children of Benjamin Woodson Woody Holbrook and Nancy Quillen;
1. Sarah E Holbrook b MAY 1872 Letcher Co KY d 1907 Greenup Co KY; m. 6 Nov 1892 Letcher Co KY to Albert Newton Evans b 10 Jan 1864 Paintsville, Johnson Co KY d 8 Jan 1946; buried Riverside Cemetery, Troy, Miami Co OH; s/o William Wilshire Evans and Louisa Yonts. Albert Newton Evans m. 8 Apr 1888 Johnson Co KY to Sarah F Collins b 1864 KY. Albert Newton Evans m. 3 Dec 1911 Greenup Co KY to Anna Hannon Wright b 25 Oct 1876 Letcher Co KY d 30 Mar 1962 Troy, Miami Co OH; d/o Andrew Wright and Mary Jane Collier. Anna Hannon Wright m. 1 Feb 1892 to George W Cook b 3 Jun 1874 KY d 1922 Greenup Co KY; buried Quillen Cemetery, Lynn, Greenup Co KY. Anna Hannon Wright m. 23 Sept 1905 Letcher Co KY to Simon Bentley b 10 Feb 1881 KY d 15 Jun 1963 Pike Co KY; s/o Solomon Bentley and Mary Jane Bentley. Simon Bentley m. Martha Meade b 1881. Simon Bentley m. 1912 to Sarah Roberts b 1888 KY
2. Robert L Holbrook b 1874 Letcher Co KY
3. William E Holbrook b 1876 Letcher Co KY
4. Richard Quillen Holbrook b 24 AUG 1878 Letcher Co KY d 9 Feb 1948 Ironton, Lawrence Co OH; buried Quillen Cemetery, Lynn, Greenup Co KY; m. 1899 Letcher Co KY to Nancy Isabelle Bentley b 3 Nov 1883 Letcher Co KY d 5 May 1926 Greenup Co KY; buried Quillen Cemetery, Lynn Greenup Co KY; d/o Moses Bentley and Margaret White.
5. Benjamin Colby Toby Holbrook b 14 DEC 1880 Letcher Co KY d 31 Jan 1954 Greenup Co KY; buried Quillen Cemetery, Lynn, Greenup Co KY; m. 14 Aug 1901 Letcher Co KY to Youra May Quillen b 13 Feb 1886 Letcher Co KY d 26 Oct 1920 Greenup Co KY; buried Quillen Cemetery, Lynn, Greenup Co KY; d/o William Dow Quillen and Mary Francis Vanover. Benjamin Colby Holbrook m. Missouri Sue Ellen Parsons b 27 Apr 1884 KY d 26 Oct 1969 Greenup Co KY. Missouri Sue Ellen Parsons m. James Creighton Sperry b 8 Apr 1885 Fayette Twp, Lawrenc Co OH d 27 Nov 1912 Greenup Co KY.
6. Susan May Sukey Holbrook b 07 MAY 1883 Letcher Co KY d 6 Jun 1956 Leander, Johnson Co KY; m. 26 Jan 1902 Johnson Co KY to Thomas Henry Tom May b 11 Aug 1855 d 9 Aug 1917 Johnson Co KY; buried May Cemetery, Asa Creek, Johnson Co KY. Susan M Sukey Holbrook m. George H Rivers b Aug 1868 KY.
Obituary of Susan May Sukey Holbrook - Leander Woman Dies Wednesday Services Held Friday For Mrs. Susan Rivers Mrs. Susan May Rivers, 73, died Wednesday, June 6 (1956), at the home of her son Herbert May, Leander KY, following an illness of several weeks. Born May 7, 1883, in Letcher County, she was the daughter of the late Woodford and Nancy Quillen Holbrook. She was a member of the Missionary Baptist Church. She was married to Tom May, who preceeded her in death, and later married George Rivers, who also preceded her in death. She is survived by three sons, Herbert May, Leander, George Rivers, Jr., and James H Rivers, both of Leander, two daughters, Mrs. Noah Spradlin, Denver, Ky., and Mrs. Estill Blair, Alvado, Ohio, and one sister, Mrs. Katherine Hannah, Greenup. Funeral services were held Friday morning at the home with Millard Bryant and Etral Baldwin as officiating ministers. Burial was made in the family cemetery under the direction of the Paintsville Funeral Home. Paintsville Herald Wednesday 6-13-1956
7. Catherine Cassie Holbrook b 1885 Letcher Co KY d 30 Nov 1960 Greenup Co KY; buried Quillen Cemetery, Lynn, Greenup Co KY; m. 14 Aug 1904 Letcher Co KY to Mantford Hannah b 1861 Johnson Co KY d 14 Feb 1941 Greenup Co KY; buried Quillen Cemetery, Lynn, Greenup Co KY; s/o Ebenezer Hannah and Nancy Fairchild.