Hiram Wesley Holcomb b 12 Dec 1850 Perry Co KY d 9 Nov 1930 Lewis Co KY; s/o Henderson Holcomb and Sarah Sally Cornett. Hiram Wesley Holcomb m. 3 Aug 1873 Letcher Co KY to Louisa Morgan b 14 Mar 1855 KY d 31 Jan 1916 Firebrick, Lewis Co KY; d/o James Morgan and Mary Emily Polly. Children of Hiram Wesley Holcomb and Louisa Morgan;
1. Prince Edward Holcomb b 1 Nov 1874 Goose Creek, Letcher Co KY d 31 Dec 1967 Adams Co OH; m. 7 Jul 1899 Letcher Co KY to Cora Phynetta Holbrook b 6 Jun 1884 d 15 Dec 1966 Adams Co OH.
2. Manerva Holcomb b 7 Mar 1877 m. William Mitchell Bentley b 14 Aug 1875 Pike Co KY d 23 Apr 1963; s/o John Martin Bentley and Malinda Addington.
3. Townsel Holcomb b 28 Feb 1889 d 30 Jul 1968; buried Reynolds Family Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY; m. Maryland Wright b 20 Feb 1893 d 18 Sep 1982; d/o John Phillip Wright and Mary Chaney Reynolds.
4. Martha Jane Holcomb b 14 Jun 1891 KY; m. Hiram Hall Taylor b 4 Sept 1878 Letcher Co KY d 6 Mar 1956 Letcher Co KY; s/o James Jim Taylor and Nancy Hart. Hiram Hall Taylor m. 1902 To Ritter Sergent b 25 Sept 1885 Democrat, Letcher Co KY.
5. John Holcomb
6. Fayette Holcomb
7. Mary Holcomb; m. Male Shepherd
8. Louise Holcomb; m. Male Stroud
9. Bertha Viola Holcomb b 29 Oct 1902 Letcher Co KY d 19 Jun 1955; m. 28 Apr 1936 Portsmouth OH to Charles M Taylor.
Mt Eagle Newspaper, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY
Thursday, June 23, 1955
Mrs Taylor Dies
Mrs. Bertha Viola Taylor, 52, wife of Charles M Taylor, 4053 Rhodes Ave, New Boston, died Sunday at 3:15 pm in Mercy Hospital. Mrs. Taylor had been ill the last year and was hospitalized nine weeks ago. She had lived in New Boston the last 10 years. She was born Oct 29, 1902 in Letcher County, Ky., a daughter of Mr. and Mrs Hiram Holcomb. She was married to Mr. Taylor April 28 1936 in Portsmouth. Surviving are four brothers, Prince Holcomb of West Union, John Holcomb of Columbus, Fayette Holcomb of Firebrick, Ky., and Townsel Holcomb of Neon Ky, and four sisters, Mrs. Minerva Bentley of St. Paul, Mrs. Mary Shepherd of Siloam, Mrs. Louise Stroud of Louisville, and Mrs. Martha Taylor of Whitesburg, Ky. Funeral services were conducted Tuesday at 2 pm at Morton Funeral Home with Rev. William Mosely officiating. Interment was in Mt. Zion Cemetery.