Littleton W Hopson
and Hannah Jane Mullins
Littleton W Hopson b Feb 1884 VA d 30 Jan 1958 Clintwood VA; s/o Lafayette Noah Hopson and Rutha Stanley. Littleton W Hopson m. 1902 Hannah Jane Mullins b 1884 VA d 27 Mar 1944 Skeetrock VA; buried John Mullins Cemetery, Skeetrock, Dickenson Co VA; d/o John P Mullins and Elizabeth Sanders. Children of Littleton W Hopson and Hannah Jane Mullins;
1. Kenova Hopson (m) b 1906 VA d 1948
2. Pearl Hopson b 1911 VA d 30 Sept 2001 Clintwood, Dickenson Co VA; m. 1928 to Glenn Ratliff b 16 Jun 1898 KY d Nov 1979 Dickenson Co VA. Glenn Ratliff m. 1917 to Gypsy Ratliff b abt 1902 KY
3. John Homer Hopson b 19 May 1915 Pike Co KY d 7 Jun 1981 VA; m. Annie Pauline White b ? d 1990 VA. Child of John Homer Hopson and Annie Pauline White; i. Noah David Hopson
4. George Foster Hopson b 1918 Dickenson Co VA d 8 Nov 1970 Dickenson Co VA; m. 28 May 1938 to Florence Gibson b 1923 Pike Co KY (disappeared 1945 never to be seen again: Note: Update: Florence is apparently still living as of 2003); d/o Claude Gibson and Synthia Potter. Children of George Foster Hopson and Florence Gibson;
i. Johnny Hopson
ii. Jimmy Hopson
iii. James Hopson
iv. Ruby Hopson; m. Male Dutton
v. Freeman Hopson b abt 1948 d 24 Jan 2000; m. Female Unknown. Children of Freeman Hopson and Female Unknown; I. Jennifer Hopson; m. Male Glover. II. Rosalee Hopson III. Freeman Hopson Jr.
5. Arville Hopson b 14 Aug 1921 Dickenson Co VA d 28 Mar 1997 Pike Co KY; m. Carrie L Ratliff b 18 May 1935 KY d 23 Feb 1997 Pike Co KY. Children of Arville Hopson and Carrie L Ratliff; i. Vernon Hopson ii. Connie Hopson; m. Teddy Bruce Damron b 6 Jan 1957 Hellier, Pike Co KY d 2 Jul 2000 age 43; s/o Fonnie C Damron and Violet Baldridge.
6. Mary Hopson b 1925 VA
Disappearance of Florence Gibson Hopson, 1945
Submitter: Ruby Hopson Dutton; d/o George Foster Hopson and Florence Gibson. Subject: Re: Florence Gibson m. George Foster Hopson. Message: In Reply to Dolly: Florence Gibson was born 1923 in Pike County, KY, daughter of Claude Gibson and Synthia Potter. She married on May 28, 1938 to George Foster Hopson, born 1918, in Blowingrock, Dickenson County, VA. He was the son of Littleton (Litt) Hopson and Hannah Jane Mullins both born VA. They lived in Ramey Flats, Dickenson County, Va. They had 4 children, Johnny, Jimmy, James and Ruby. My mother disappeared in April 1945 and NO one, not even her parents have seen her since. My cousin Connie (Hopson) Dameron was trying to give us a hand at finding some clue as to what happened to her. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ruby
Florence Gibson Hopson Alive in 2003
Re: Florence Gibson m George Froster Hopson
aaron glover. Posted: 15 Dec 2003 6:25PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2003 11:59AM GMT
Surnames: gibson, hopson. connie, my name is jennifer glover. I know Florence. She is my grandmother. She never would talk about her past, no matter how much we inquired until recently. We never knew about the family, george and the four kids, until about 4 months ago. My mother and I have been searching public records at the clintwood coarthouse where she and george got married, and found a marriage certificate and also one of her sisters, mary alice's, marriage certificate. She still will not talk much about her past, just bits and pieces. She did not have 4 children though, she had 5. The other one was my father, Freeman. He always felt that there were siblings, but "maw" never would say anything. She would just say, you are better off not knowing. We never understood this. Unfortunately, dad died January 24, 2000. He was 52 and never found the family he so desperately wanted to know about. Besides me, there is my sister, Rosalee, and brother, Freeman Jr. I would really like to talk with you, please.