and Thursa Sykes
Namon Kiser (aka Kizer) b 1 Jan 1822 Russell Co VA d 22 Jul 1901 Letcher Co KY; buried Beaver Dam Creek, Letcher Co KY, (1850
Letcher Co KY Census and 1860 Letcher Co KY Census); s/o Nimrod Kiser and Mary "Polly" Breeding. Namon Kiser m. about 1844 to Thursa Sykes b 1828 VA; buried Beaver Dam Creek, Letcher Co KY; d/o John Sykes and Lydia Hargis. Children of Namon Kiser and Thursa Sykes;
1. Mary "Polly" Ann Kiser b 1845 d 11 Apr 1859 Letcher Co KY
of typhoid fever.
2. Elihu Kiser b 21 Nov 1846 Colson, Letcher Co KY d 29 Jul 1921 Colson, Letcher Co KY; m. 2 Feb 1866 Rockhouse Creek, Letcher Co KY to
Clarenda Hall b 7 Jan 1850 Colson, Letcher Co KY d 3 Sept 1946; d/o James "One Eyed Jim" Hall and Sarah Johnson.
3. Celia Kiser b about 1849 Rockhouse Creek, Letcher Co KY d Greenup Co KY; m. 27 Mar 1871 Letcher Co KY to Solomon Hughes
4. John Wesley Kiser, b May 02, 1851 Rockhouse Creek, Letcher Co KY d Mar 21, 1947 Greenup Co KY; m. 25 Dec 1879 to Elva E. Hartley. Child of John Kiser and Elva E Hartley;
i. Alberta Kiser b May 05, 1883 Greenup Co KY d Sept 01, 1987 Portsmouth, OH. She married William Smith. She had one son, name not known, who never married. They lived Portsmouth, Ohio, where Alberta taught piano lessons. After her husband died she moved for a time to Grays Branch, KY, to care for her aging parents. Alberta lived to age 104. She, William, and their son are
buried the Portsmouth Cemetery.
5. Elizabeth Kiser b Apr 27, 1853 KY d Jul 16, 1933 Camp Branch, Letcher Co KY; buried Profitt Cemetery, Camp Branch, Letcher Co KY; m. 17 Feb 1870 to William Morgan Profitt; buried Profitt Cemetery Camp Branch, Letcher Co KY; s/o John Profitt and Sarah Mullins.
6. Samuel Kiser b Aug 16, 1855 Rockhouse Creek, Letcher Co KY d Sept 22, 1917 Letcher Co KY; m. 4 Jul 1875 Letcher Co KY to
Phoebe Jane Profitt d/o John Profitt and Sarah Roark.
7. Lettie Kiser b Dec 1857 Rockhouse Creek, Letcher Co., KY; m. 20 Sept 1877 to Emory Taylor b Mar 1847 d 19 Sept 1929 Letcher Co KY; s/o William P Taylor and Edith Edie Allen Ashworth.
8. Nimrod Kiser b about 1860 KY; buried Rockhouse Creek, Letcher Co KY
9. Martha Kiser, b Jul 16, 1862 Rockhouse Creek, Letcher Co KY d Apr 17, 1938; m. 1879 Letcher Co KY to Charles H Crase; s/o James Crase and Elizabeth Stallard.
11. James T. Kiser b Jan 26, 1866 Beaver Dam, Letcher Co KY d Feb 1953; m. 15 Jun 1889 Letcher Co KY to America Lucas b about 1871; d/o Aaron Lucas and Eliza Vanover.
11. Cornelia Kiser b about 1867 Letcher Co KY; m. 15 Apr 1886 Letcher Co KY to Tilghman Howard "Doc" Mason. He was a surgeon in CSA Army, 64th Mounted Infantry. Cornelia applied for widow's pension Oct. 6, 1913 Letcher County, KY Application # 3281. Cornelia Kiser m. after 1905 to Clay Crase.
12. Dora Bell Kiser b 28 Jul 1874