William Cody Billy Reynolds b 24 Jul 1890 Letcher Co KY d 5 Apr 1978 Pound, Wise Co VA; s/o Joseph Coleman Reynolds and Mary Manerva Morgan. William Cody Billy Reynolds m. 23 Jul 1913 Stacy Branch, Wise Co VA to Clara Jane Whitaker b 19 Apr 1891 VA d 20 Jan 1956 Wise Co VA; d/o Mack Whitaker and Belle Haddon. Children of William Cody Billy Reynolds and Clara Jane Whitaker;
1. Virgil Sheldon Reynolds b 3 Nov 1914 VA d 4 May 1984
2. June Reynolds b abt 1916 VA; m. Male Johnson
3. Bernard Torrence B.T. Reynolds (aka Vernard) b 21 Jan 1919 Pound, Wise Co VA d 2 May 2006; age 87; Oakridge, Lane Co OR; buried Foresvale Memorial Park Oakridge, Lane Co OR; m. 5 Oct 1945 Baltimore MD to Beulah O Rose b 31 Jan 1923 d 3 May 2016; age 93; Lane co OR; buried Forestvale Memorial Park, Oakridge, Lane Co OR. Findagrave Memorial.
4. Joseph Edwin Reynolds b abt 1922 d 1996
5. Bobby Charles Reynolds b abt 1936 d 2007
1920 Wise Co VA Census, Roberson District 0182
5 5 Reynolds William C Head M W 29 M KY VA KY Farmer
5 5 Reynolds Clara Wife F W 28 M VA KY VA
5 5 Reynolds Virgil S Son M W 5 S VA KY VA
5 5 Reynolds June Daughter F W 3 6/12 S VA KY VA
5 5 Reynolds Vernard T. Son M W 11/12 S VA KY VA
William Cody Billy Reynolds
Registrar Report 1941
William Cody Billy Reynolds was described in his Registrar Report as 5'9" 145 lbs., blue eyes, brown hair and light complexion with no physical characteristics that will aid in id. Age 51, date of birth, 23 Jul 1890, Millstone, KY; Employer's name and address, Grannis, Higgins, Thompson and McDermitt Co., Camp Pickett, Blackstone, VA.
William Cody Billy Reynolds
Registration WWI Draft 1917-1918
Registration Card No. 128 (968) Form 1 3144.
1. Name in full: William C Reynolds Age in yrs. 26
2. Home address: Pound, Va.
3. Date of Birth: July 23, 1890
4. Are you (1) a natural-born citizen, (2) Naturalized citizen, (3) an alien, (4) or have you declared your intentions (specify which)? ... Natural Born.
5. Where were you born? Millstone, Ky. U.S.A.
6. If not a citizen, of what country are you a citizen or subject?
7. What is your present trade, occupation, or office: Farmer
8. By whom employed? Self
Where employed? Pound Va.
9. Have you a father, mother, wife, child uner 12, or a sister or brother under 12, solely dependant on you for support (specify which)? .. Wife - 2 children.
10. Married or single (which)? Married .. Race (specify which)? Caucasian
11. What military service have you had? Rank None; branch ---, years ----, Nation or Stare -----
12 Do you claim exemption from draft (specify grounds)? Dependent family.
I affirm that I have verified above answers and that they are true.
(Signature or mark)... William C Reynolds.
1. Tall, medium, or short (specify which)? Med....Slender, medium, or stout (which)? ....Med....
2. Color of eyes? Blue ... Color of hair? Red .... Bald? No...
3. Has person lost arm, leg, hand, feet, or both eyes, or is he otherwise disabled (specify)? no...
I certify that my answers are true, that the person registered has read his own answers, that I have witnessed his signature, and that all of his answers of which I have knowledge are true, except as follows:
(Signature of registrar): Geo. A Torrence
City or County: Wise
(Date of registration): June 5, 1917
Obituary: Bernard Torrence Reynolds
21 Jan 1919 - 2 May 2006