and Rosella Murphy
Willie Roberts b abt 1858; s/o Daniel Roberts (s/o Frances Roberts) and Mary Jane Elkins. Willie Roberts m. Apr 1877 to Rosella Murphy b abt 1865. Children of Willie Robers and Rosella Murphy;
1. Prudie Roberts b abt 1890; m. Nathan Nolan Broaddus b abt 1890; s/o Sidney Broaddus and Margaret Fawbush. Children of Nathan Nolan Broadduss and Prudie Roberts; i. Earl Broaddus b abt 1905; m. Female Cox. Earl Broaddus m. (2) Female Coats. ii. Female Broaduss m. Male Newland iii. Male Broaddus m. Female Whitaker. Male Broaddus m. (2) Female Rhadus iv. Male Broaddus m. Female Cornelius
2. Levert Roberts b abt 1891; m. Nan Goadlet b abt 1891
3. Henley Roberts b abt 1892; m. Lucy Bolling b abt 1892
4. Phillip D "Fiddlin' Dock" Roberts b abt 1893; m. Annie Risk b abt 1893.
5. Lena Roberts b abt 1894; m. Tom Lamb b abt 1894
6. Annie Roberts b abt 1895; m. Calvin Agee b abt 1895
7. Pattie Roberts b abt 1896; m. James McBride b abt 1896
8. Susie Mae Roberts b abt 1897
From the Rootsweb Message Boards - Re: Roberts families in Rowan Co NC mid 1700's. Posted 6 Jul 2004 4:17 pm gmt.
Virginia, There were no less than 6 or 7 'William Roberts' listed in the 1810 Madison Co. Ky census! Don't know yet if I'm related to any of them or not. Now for the 'interesting story ' about my Ggrandfather - William Roberts. William (Willie) was born about 1858 to Daniel (s/o Frances) and Mary Jane (Elkins) Roberts. In April 1877 he married Rosella Murphy (well known in my family as Ma Roberts). The last record I can find of Willie & Rosella living together is the 1900 census w/ my grandfather - Philip 'Dock' -being the youngest child @ 2 yrs. old. Thereafter William seems to disappear. Ma Roberts lived till the 1950's and my mother & father even rented from her shortly after their marriage in the early 50's ..... but my father never had a clue as to who his grandfather was - how strange! I've found one William Roberts from 1930 who is the right age and is not associated w/ any family - as a patient at 4th St. in Lexington, Ky. - the address of Eastern State Mental Hospital! Could this be my Ggrandfather? That would explain why he wasn't talked about and nobody in the family remembers him or knows anything about him. In the old days I can well imagine this would have been something that relatives were ashamed of (how sad). My search for more clues continues..