William Henry Sergent b 22 Jun 1894 Letcher Co KY d 3 Jun 1982 Letcher Co KY; buried Sergent Cemetery, Democrat, Letcher Co KY; s/o David Andrew Sergent and Nancy Jane Bagwell. William Henry Sergent m. 1917 to Ollie Cook b 21 Dec 1900 Letcher Co KY d 8 Dec 1942 Letcher Co KY; buried Sergent Cemetery, Indian Creek, Letcher Co KY; d/o Rosencrance "Crance" Cook and Emma Jane Crase. Children of William Henry Sergent and Ollie Cook;
1. Alka Alkie Sergent b 18 Jun 1918 Letcher Co KY d 4 Mar 2006; never married.
2. Carl Sergent b 27 Apr 1920 Letcher Co KY d 27 Mar 1978 Brunswick, Medina Co OH; m. 15 Apr 1969 Clintwood VA; to Ruby Ellen Gollihorn b 15 Sept 1928 d 9 Sept 1991 Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co OH; d/o Willie Gollihorn and Lula Mae Delph. Carl Sergent military service, Pvt, U.S. Army, Serial No. 35261446, Infantry, 741st Tank Battalion, WWII. Received the Bronze Star for meritorious service in military operations against an armed enemy near Vierville-sur-Mer, France, 6 June 1944. Private Sergent, as assistant Tank driver, landed on the invasion coast of Normandy, France during the morning of the first day of the allied assault. The beach was under heavy enemy artillery, mortar, and machine gun fire. After knocking out an enemy pill-box, Private Sergent dismounted from his tank, without regard for his personal safety, and worked for about an hour under constant enemy fire as he directed the hooking of towing cables to beach obstacles in order that the area could be cleared. By his courageous action, he made a valuable contribution toward the success of the operation. Such service is meritorious of great praise. Entered military service from Democrat, Ky.
3. Lester Sergent b 30 Mar 1923 Letcher Co KY; m. Virginia Carte
4. Lenville Sergent b abt 1924 d 17 Jul 2004 Whitaker, Letcher Co KY; m. Jean Nease
5. Robert Bob Sergent b 27 Jan 1925 Democrat, Letcher Co KY d Sunday, 12 Jun 2016 Wellington, OH; m. abt 1951 to Patty Bentley. Children of Robert Bob Sergent and Patty Bentley; i. Delana Sergent; m. Gerald Burton ii. Tammy Sergent; m. Tom Kovach iii. Wendy Sergent; m. Brian Myers. iv. Bobby W. Sergent (deceased)
Obituary of Bob Sergent, age 91, of Wellington, died Sunday morning, June 12, 2016 at his home. He was born January 27, 1925 in Democrat, Kentucky, son of the late William Henry and Ollie (Cook) Sergent. Bob moved to Ohio in 1968. He lived in Lorain, Ohio until 1989 when he moved to Wellington. Bob worked in the coal mines of Kentucky until moving to Ohio. He retired from the Ford Motor Co. in Lorain, Ohio in 1988. He was an avid trap shooter and loved gardening. He was a member and past officer with the Sportsmans Gun and Reel Club of Lorain, Ohio. He is survived by his wife of 65 years, Patty (Bentley) Sergent; his children, Delana (Gerald) Burton of Wellington, Tammy (Tom) Kovach of Marysville, Ohio and Wendy (Brian Myers) Sergent of Wadsworth; his grandchildren, Bobby W. Sergent, Jr., Bryan Sergent, Jeremy (Ashley) Burton, Kendra (Jason) Burris, Spencre Sergent, Emma Myers and Cooper Myers; great grandchildren, Aubrey, Kelsey, Carter, Phoenix, Ian, Collin and Liam; siblings, Emma Jean Bentley, Lavinia Farley, Delmar Sergent and Hobert Sergent. He was preceded in death by his son, Bobby W. Sergent; and several brothers and sisters. Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at the Norton-Eastman Funeral Home, 370 South Main St., Wellington and from 11 a.m. until the time of service at 12:00 p.m. Wednesday with Pastor Tom Keller officiating. Burial will follow at the Penfield Cemetery.
6. Junior Sergent b abt 1930 Letcher Co KY; m. Female Weekley
7. Hobart Sergent b abt 1832 Letcher Co KY; m. Female Bentley
8. Delmer Ray Sergent b abt 1938 KY; m. Female Hall