and Bertha Amburgey
Cullen Sexton b 21 May 1905 Letcher Co KY d 10 Sept 1993 Isom, Letcher Co KY; s/o Marion Sexton and Molly Combs. Cullen Sexton m. abt 1924 KY to Bertha Amburgey b 25 Sept 1908 Knott Co KY d 31 Jul 1992 Isom, Letcher Co KY; d/o John Amburgey and Susannah Susie Amburgey. Children of Cullen Sexton and Bertha Amburgey;
1. Vernon Sexton b 11 Sept 1925 Letcher Co KY; d 18 Apr 1998 Lee Co VL; buried Lebanon National Cemetery, Labanon, Marion Co KY; military service, US Navy, WWII 17 Jan 1944 - 15 Feb 1946
2. Marie Sexton b 19 Mar 1927 KY
3. Marcelyne Sexton (Marcelene) b 16 Oct 1928 Letcher Co KY d 21 Jul 1971 Letcher Co KY; m. James J Breeding Jr. b 16 Oct 1924 Letcher Co KY d 12 Feb 2009 Isom, Letcher Co KY
4. Otis Sexton b 7 Jul 1931 Letcher Co KY d 16 Sept 1993 Crestwood, Oldham Co KY
5. Edith Paulene Sexton b 17 Nov 1934 Isom, Letcher Co KY d Tuesday, 2 Aug 2016 Hazard, Perry Co KY; age 81 years, 8 months, 16 days; buried Bailey Cemetery, Isom, Letcher Co KY; m. 9 Jun 1951 Letcher Co KY to William Bill Bailey b ? d 24 Mar 2007.
Obituary for Paulene Bailey: Edith Paulene Bailey, daughter of the late Cullen and Bertha Amburgey Sexton was born November 17, 1934 in Isom, Kentucky. She entered eternal life Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at the Greg & Noreen Wells Hospice Center in Hazard, Kentucky being 81 years, 8 months and 16 days of age at the time of her passing.
She married William "Bill" Bailey, June 9, 1951 in Letcher County, Kentucky. He preceded her in death March 24, 2007. She enjoyed sewing and was an avid quilt maker. She was a loving mother, grandmother, sister, and a great friend to all that knew her. She is survived by three sons; Philip D. (Patricia) Bailey and Wayne (Fredia) Bailey both of Whitesburg, Kentucky and Randy (Sharie) Bailey of Kona, Kentucky. Three sisters; Jewelene Perry of Owensboro, Kentucky, Elene Wojciechowski of Whitesburg, Kentucky and Effie Mae Sexton of Louisville, Kentucky. Six grandchildren; Mark Bailey, Karen Bailey, Rebecca Lea Bailey, Greg Bailey, Matthew Bailey and Ariana Lynn Bailey.
Also surviving are seven great grandchildren and a host of other relatives and friends to mourn her passing.
She was preceded in death by one sister, Marcelene Breeding. Three brothers; Vernon Sexton, Otis Sexton, and Harlan Sexton.
6. Jewelene Sexton; m. Male Perry
7. Elene Sexton; m. Male Wojciechowski
8. Effie Mae Sexton
9. Lovel Sexton (m) b 9 May 1941 Letcher Co KY d 16 Jul 1944 Letcher Co KY; buried Babe Ison Cemetery, Letcher Co KY