William Smith II
and Millie Combs
William Smith II b 1795 TN d 15 Feb 1875 Letcher Co KY; s/o Rev Richard Smith and Aletia Combs Smith). William Smith II m. 13 Aug 1838 Perry Co KY to Millie Nelly Combs b 1795 d 1876 Letcher Co KY; d/o John Soldier John Combs and Margaret Biddy Nantz. (1850 Letcher Co KY and 1860
Letcher Co KY Census). Both William Smith II and Milly Nelly Combs were buried Smith family cemetery at Smithsboro, Knott Co KY, but all the graves were removed to the Carr Memorial Cemetery Littcarr, Knott Co KY when the dam was constructed and Carr Lake formed. Children of William Smith and Millie Nelly Combs;
William Smith and Millie Combs Homeplace - Photo Submitted by JB Francis
1. John Smith b 1821; m. about 1842 Letcher Co KY to Willa Myth Combs b 1826 Perry Co KY d after 1880; d/o Jeremiah Long Jerry Combs and Nancy Combs.
2. William Med Smith b 23 Sept 1825 d 9 Jan 1897; m. 1850 Perry Co KY to Martha Ashley b 19 Mar 1831 d 16 Jun 1918; buried Carr Memorial Cemetery, Littcarr, KY; d/o Jordan Ashley and Barbara Francis
3. Richard Smith b ca 1826 d 1861 in the Civil War; m. 9 Feb 1845 Perry Co KY to Mary Polly Kelly b 1826 d before 1895?; d/o Thomas Kelly and Nancy Mullins.
4. Elizabeth Smith b 1827 d before 1880; m. about 1844 Perry Co KY to Watson E Caudill b 14 Mar 1822 Perry Co KY d 5 Dec 1898 Letcher Co KY; s/o Stephen Caudill and Sarah Adams.
5. Sarah Sally Smith b May 1828 d 15 May 1903 Knott Co KY; m. 16 May 1845 Perry Co KY to George Washington Kelly b 7 Jan 1821 KY d 1904 Knott Co KY; s/o Thomas Kelly and Nancy Mullins.
6. Alexander Smith b about 1828 d before 1890 KY; m. 1850 to Mary Ashley b 1834 NC d after 1859 Letcher Co KY; d/o Jordan Ashley and Barbara Francis (Secrest? Combs?)
7. Jeremiah Jake Smith b 1 Feb 1832 Perry Co KY d 17 Feb 1913 Smithsboro, Knott Co KY; m. 26 Oct 1854 Perry Co KY to Elizabeth Stacy b 1835 d 1 Sept 1914 Smithsboro, Knott Co. KY; d/o Shadrack One Eyed Stacy and Sarah Sally Combs.
8. Clinton Smith b 1833.
9. Matilda Smith b 12 Jan 1835 d 23 Apr 1909; buried Carr Memorial Cemetery; m. 17 Feb 1850 Letcher Co KY to (1st) Jehu Cody b 1831; s/o Thomas Cody Sr and Sinai Stacy of Russell / Scott Co VA and Perry Co VA. Matilda Smith m. 9 Apr 1872 to (2) Emory Amos Kincer. Matilda Smith m. Washington Wash Kelly.
10. Nancy Smith b 26 Oct 1835 d 23 Apr 1899 (alternate dod 23 Apr 1909. Source: JB Smith: Nancy Smith is documented as the granddaughter of William Smith and Millie Combs in a conveyance of 100 acres to her on 14 Mar 1853 by her grandparents, William and Millie Combs Smith. Nancy is said to be the daughter of Thomas Watts.)
11. Thomas Smith b abt 1836 KY d after 1890; m. Louraina Francis b 11 Aug 1835 d 22 Nov 1874; d/o Thomas Francis Jr and Louraney Polly Hagens.
12. Martha Smith b about 1837; m. John Cody b 1836.