and Nancy Holbrook
Benjamin Adams b 1794 Wilkes Co NC d 11 Nov 1855; s/o John Hobbs Adams and Lydia Lettie Simpson. Benjamin Adams m. 10 Feb 1816 Floyd Co KY to Nancy
Holbrook b 1799 Wilkes Co NC; d/o Randolph Holbrook and Elizabeth Adams. (1850
Letcher Co KY Census). Children of Benjamin Adams and Nancy Holbrook;
1. John Isom Adams (aka John B) b 10 Jan 1818 Floyd Co KY d 10 Mar 1863; m. 16 Aug 1838 Perry Co KY to Sarah Sally Craft b 2 Apr 1821 d 27 Mar 1863 Letcher Co KY; d/o James Craft and Drusilla Hammonds (aka Hammons).
2. Jesse Adams b 1821 Perry Co KY; m. 20 Aug 1846 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY to Margaret Peggy Jenkins b 1826 d 9 Oct 1822; d/o William Mannon Jenkins and Mary Polly Cornett.
3. Elizabeth Bessie Adams 1824 Perry Co KY d Jul 1880 age 56; buried Bates Cemetery, Kona, Letcher Co KY; m. 26 Feb 1843 Letcher Co KY to James Bates b
about 1823 Letcher Co KY d 11 Apr 1864; buried Bates Cemetery, Kona, KY; s/o John Wallis Bates and Sarah Walthrop. James Bates was tortured and murdered by Union soldiers in the Civil War. When his brother, Martin Van Buren Bates, found out about it, Martin took vengeance upon the killers in return for what they did to his brother.
4. Stephen Adams b 1826.
5. Benjamin Ben Adams b May 1828 Perry Co KY d 28 Mar 1905 Letcher Co KY; m. 31 May 1855 to 1st Cely Patsy Polly (aka Sena) b 1835 Perry Co KY d 1876 Letcher Co KY; d/o Henry C Polly and Martha Patsy Hall. Benjamin Adams m. 21 Dec 1877 to (2) Nancy Adams.
6. Simeon Adams (aka Simpson) b 1831 Perry Co KY; m. 1860 to Mary Polly Hampton b 1840 Perry Co KY; d/o Joseph Hampton and Susannah Caudill.
7. Randolph Randall Adams b 31 Nov 1834 Perry Co KY d 1909 Letcher Co KY; buried Webb Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY; m. 31 Nov 1834 to (1)
Louisa Jenkins b 1840 Harlan Co KY d about 1860 Letcher Co KY; buried Webb Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY; d/o William Manon Jenkins and Mary Cornett. Randolph Randall Adams m. (2) Martha Hale Breeding b 1841 VA buried Webb Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY; d/o James Dickenson Hale and Jane Grizzle. Martha Hale Breeding m.
William Breeding. Randolph Randall Adams m. 1901 to (3) Sarah Fields.
8. Nancy Adams b 1834 KY (listed insane 1850 Letcher Co KY census).
9. Mary Jane Adams b 1836 Perry Co KY; m. Litton Fugate.
10. Henrietta Adams b 1840 Perry Co KY.
11. William M Adams.
12. Letisha Lettie Adams m. 14 Oct 1849 to Uriah Bates b about 1828 Letcher Co KY d 1 May 1862 Camp Wilson, Gates City VA Civil War at age 33 years; s/o John Wallis Bates and Sarah Walthrop.