Hugh Jackson Addington
and Margaret Elizabeth Kilgore
Hugh Jackson Addington b 20 APR 1877 Scott Co VA d 21 Dec 1929; s/o David J Addington and Louemma McConnell. Hugh Jackson Addington m. 4 Feb 1898 Scott Co VA to Margaret Elizabeth Kilgore b 28 May 1879 Scott Co VA d 24 Dec 1960 Scott Co VA; occupation, banjo player, singer; d/o William Arnett Kilgore and Nancy E Addington. (Hugh Jackson is buried as Hugh Jack Addington). Children of Hugh Jackson Addington and Margaret Elizabeth Kilgore;
1. Ava Madge Addington d before 1960
2. Linnie Murriel Addington
3. Dewey L. Addington b about 1899 Scott Co VA; occupation, musician, played the fiddle very well as noted in his cousin, Carl P McConnell's writings about their musical career:
After the three fiddlers had played about a couple of dozen tunes each, backed up by mine and Doc’s (Hugh Jack "Doc" Addington) picking’, Doc’s oldest brother, Dewey, dug out his old five string banjo and rendered about a dozen of the old tunes in the old fashioned “hoe-down” way, which he is so noted for. He played such tunes as “John Henry”, “Cripple Creek”, “Sally Goodin”, “Sugar Hill”, etc.
4. David J. Addington b about 1904 Scott Co VA
5. Willlie B. Addington b 2 Apr 1905 Scott Co VA d 19 Mar 1971; m. Opal M Unknown b 27 Feb 1903 d 19 Feb 1975
6. Norma Addington b about 1908 Scott Co VA
7. Maybelle Addington (Mother Maybelle Carter) b 10 May 1909 Nickelsville, VA d 23 Oct 1978; buried Hendersonville Memorial Gardens, Hendersonville, TN; occupation, musician, songwriter; Country Music Hall of Fame inductee; m. 13 Mar 1926 to Ezra J Carter b 21 Oct 1888 Scott Co VA d 22 Jan 1975 Davidson Co TN occupation, minister; s/o Robert C Carter and Mary Arvilla Bays.
8. Hugh Jack "Doc" Addington Jr. b 2 NOV 1913 Scott Co VA d 4 Jul 1988; military service, PFC, US Army, WWII; m.
9. Milbern B. Addington b about 1916 Scott Co VA
10. Warren McConnell Addington b about 1918 Scott Co VA