and Mary Hagins
Alfred Amburgey b 1813 Wilkes Co NC (1850 Letcher Co KY Census and 1860 Letcher Co KY Census); s/o William Amburgey and Nancy Franklin. Alfred Amburgey m. 2 Jun 1833 Perry Co KY to Mary Hagins b about 1819; d/o John Hagins and Lourania Polly. Children of Alfred Amburgey and Mary Hagins;
1. William H "Limpy Bill" Amburgey b 24 Aug 1835 d 3 Sep 1914; m. in 1858 to Mary Ann "Polly" Scalf b 1843; d/o Jesse Scalf and Mary Polly Eversole (Source). According to Barbara I Amburgey, William H Amburgey died from blood poisoning from a dog bite. (Source).
2. Robert E Amburgey b Jan 1843 Perry Co KY; m. Mary Grant b Apr 1849 Estill Co KY.
3. Thomas H Amburgey (aka Burga) b 9 Sept 1844 Perry Co KY d Jun 1927 Floyd Co KY; m. 12 Oct 1865 to Nancy L Wheatley b Mar 1842 Russell Co VA d between 1927 & 1929; d/o John Wheatley and Lucy Dean (Source). Buried Friday 1 Jul 1927 family burial ground near the old home place on Johns Creek.
4. Thomas Amburgey was a highly respected citizen of this county, and was well known. During the War Between the States, he serve as a Confederate solider. For the greater part of his life he was engaged in farming, and had lived about 45 years at the home. Thomas enlisted on 2 Sept 1862 in Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY in the Confederate Army, Co. A, 13th Kentucky Cavalry.
5. Sarah Ann Amburgey (aka Burgay) b 1851 Letcher Co KY; m. 1874 to Addison Clark b 1843; s/o Hiram Clark and Eleanor Lewis.
6. John Amburgey b 6 Nov 1852 Letcher Co KY; m. about 1840 TN to Mary Ann Scalf.
7. Benjamin N Amburgey (Burga) b Aug 1853 Letcher Co KY; m. (1) Martha Kendrick b Floyd Co KY. Benjamin N Amburgey m. 1881 to (2) Elizabeth Unknown.
8. Nancy M Amburgey (aka Burgay) b Oct 1854 Letcher Co KY; m. Harvey Clark b 12 Apr 1849 Letcher Co KY.
9. Anna Amburgey b 1856 Letcher Co KY d about 1865.
10. Lafayette Amburgey (Burga) b Jan 1860 Letcher Co KY d about 1900.
11. Elizabeth Amburgey (aka Burga) b 26 Feb 1861 Letcher Co KY; m. Michael Crum b 1855 Floyd Co KY.