Henry Baker and
Martha Catherine Taylor
Henry Baker and Martha Catherine Taylor Baker
Henry Baker Obituary, Mt Eagle Newspaper, 19 Sept 1929
Henry Baker b 26 Feb 1858 Letcher Co KY d 17 Oct 1927 Beaver Dam KY; buried Baker Cemetery Beaver Dam, KY; s/o Elijah Willis Baker and Mary Polly Yonts. Henry Baker m. 15 Feb 1877 Letcher Co KY to (1) Martha Catherine Taylor b 11 Feb 1859 Wise Co VA d 6 Apr 1897 Beaver Dam, KY; buried Baker Cemetery Beaver Dam, KY; d/o Marshall Benton Red Fox Taylor and Nancy Booth. Children of Henry Baker and Martha Catherine Taylor;
1. Mina Minnie Marilda Baker b 5 Apr 1878 Deane, Letcher Co KY d 21 Feb 1924 Deane, Letcher Co KY; buried Bentley Cemetery Deane, Letcher Co KY; m. 14 Jan 1898 Deane, Letcher Co KY to John Lacy Bentley, b 18 Feb 1868 Letcher Co KY d 24 Dec 1966 Deane, Letcher Co KY; buried Bentley Cemetery Deane, Letcher Co KY; s/o John Quiller Bentley and Lucinda Thacker.
2. Thaddeous Lowry Baker b 13 Oct 1880 Millstone, KY d 15 May 1964 Beaver Dam, KY; m. 4 Feb 1902 to Rawsey Sergent b 5 Oct 1880 d 1 Nov 1917 Beaver Dam, KY; d/o David Andrew Sergent and Nancy Jane Bagwell. Thaddeous Lowry Baker m. (2) Etta Ettie Hill.
3. Sherman Howard Baker b 22 Aug 1885 Beaver Dam KY d 2 Dec 1966 at Whitesburg, KY; m. 10 Sept 1904 to Manerva Sergent b 1 Oct 1887 d 1 Sept 1971 in Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; d/o David Andrew Sergent and Nancy Jane Bagwell.
4. Willard Calvin Baker b 20 Oct 1889 Deane KY d 7 Mar 1976 Stanford, KY; m. 29 Feb 1912 to Julia Sergent b 17 Aug 1890 d 3 Dec 1981 in Stanford, KY; d/o David Andrew Sergent and Nancy Jane Bagwell.
5. Anabel Catherine Baker b 26 May 1892 Beaver Dam, KY d 24 Dec 1913 Beaver Dam KY; m. 31 Dec 1911 to Robert Humphrey Amburgey b 11 May 1888 at Carr Creek, Knott Co KY d 20 Jul 1962; s/o Alfred Amburgey and Elizabeth Amburgey. Robert Humphrey Amburgey m. (2) Gertrude Quillen; d/o Richard Quillen and Carrie Venters.
6. Ira Tillman Baker b 31 Jan 1893 Beaver Dam, KY d 20 Mar 1965 (or 26 Mar 1963 Beaver Dam KY) Jackson, Ohio; buried Butler Cemetery, Jackson Co OH; m. 20 Mar 1903 Beaver Dam KY to Susan Clay b 17 Jan 1888 Harlan Co KY d 16 Nov 1975 Jackson Co OH; buried Butler Cemetery, Jackson OH; d/o Elijah Clay and Susan Sergent.
7. Sylvan Carey Baker b 7 Sept 1894 Deane, KY d 10 Aug 1941 Jenkins, KY; m. Mary Hunley.
8. Loretta Mae Baker b 7 Aug 1896 Beaver Dam, KY d 27 Mar 1967 Whitesburg, KY; m. James Robinett.