Cuge Bentley and
Nancy Jane Evans
Cuge Bentley b 13 Nov 1881 KY d 13 Jul 1962 Troy, Miami Co OH; s/o Daniel Bentley and Virginia Ruth Hall. Cuge Bentley m. 15 May 1909
Greenup Co KY to Nancy Jane Evans b 1893 Letcher Co KY d 12 Jul 1953 Troy OH d/o Albert Newton Evans and Sarah E Holbrook. Children of Cuge Bentley and Nancy Jane Evans;
1. Edna Bentley b 21 Nov 1910 KY d Oct 1989 Troy, Miami Co OH; m. Male Collett
2. Virgil Bentley b 13 Sept 1911 KY d Oct 1982 South Bay, Palm Beach FL
3. Ismael Bentley b 13 Dec 1913 Greenup Co KY d 20 Apr 2005 Troy, Miami Co OH
4. Benjamin C "Benny" Bentley b 28 Apr 1916 KY d 9 Feb 2004 Tipp City, Miami Co OH
5. Cecil I Bentley b 13 Apr 1918 KY d 19 Sept 1999 South Bay, Palm Beach FL
6. Homer U Bentley b 1921 KY
7. Thelma P Bentley b 26 Aug 1923 Greenup Co KY d 29 Jul 1999 Troy, Miami Co OH; m. Glenn Abdon. Children of Glenn Abdon and Thelma P Bentley;
i. Billie Abdon (male)
ii. Roger Abdon
iii. Charles Abdon
iv. Betty Abdon; m. Hollis Martin
8. Phyllis P Bentley b 29 Jun 1929 Greenup Co KY d 5 Apr 1992 South Bay, Palm Beach FL m. Male Hughes
and Lettie Potter
Cuge Bentley b 13 Nov 1881 KY d 13 Jul 1962 Troy, Miami Co OH; s/o Daniel Bentley and Virginia Ruth Hall. Cuge Bentley m. Lettie Potter b 4 Dec 1883 d 16 Feb 1956 Boyd Co KY; buried Louisa, Lawrence Co KY; d/o Isaac "Shooter Ike" Potter and
Elizabeth Anderson. (This information is wrong according to Kathryn "Kitty" Burke). (Cuge Bentley may have married another Lettie Potter, so I'm leaving it here until I know where to put this info).
and Bascum Burke
Lettie Potter b 20 Dec 1882 Boyd Co KY d 16 Feb 1956 Boyd Co KY; buried Louisa, Lawrence Co KY; d/o Isaac Shooter Ike Potter and Elizabeth Anderson. Lettie Potter m. 1906 Lawrence Co KY to Bascom Burke b 22 Mar 1881 Lawrence Co KY d 16 Apr 1932 Lawrence Co KY; s/o James Burke and Elizabeth Frances Smith.
Obituary: Thelma P Bentley Abdon
26 Aug 1923 - 29 Jul 1999
Thelma P. Abdon, 75 of Troy OH, died Thursday, July 29th, 1999 at Harborside Healthcare Center, Troy, OH. Survived by husband, Glenn Abdon, three sons, Billie of Troy, Roger of El Paso TX, & Charles of Nashville, a daughter, Mrs Hollis (Betty) Martin of Troy, three brothers, Ishmael of Troy, Bennie of Tipp City, and Cecil of South Bay FL, nine grand children and nine great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents, Cuge and Nancy (Evans) Bentley; two sisters, Edna Collett, and Phyllis Hughes, and two brothers Homer and Virgil Bentley. Mrs Abdon was born Aug. 26, 1923, in Greenup KY. She was a member of First Baptist Church of New Carlisle OH and Campers on a Mission. She was a seamstress with Atlas Underwear for many years. Service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at Baird Funeral Home, Troy, with Pastor Rick Shoemaker officiating. Burial will be in Miami Memorial Park, Covington OH.