Thomas Bentley and
Mary Margaret Crase
Thomas Bentley b 1785 d 1860 (1850 Letcher Co KY Census and 1860 Letcher Co KY Census); s/o Daniel Bentley and Nancy Jane Lewis. Thomas Bentley m. 17 Aug 1812 to Mary (Margaret) Cress Crase b about 1785; d/o George Cress Crase and Charity Morgan. Children of Thomas Bentley and Mary Margaret Crase;
1. Jemima Jenny Jane Bentley b 1814 m. Barnett Blankenship b about 1811; s/o William 'Buck' Blankenship and Anna Osborne. Barnett Blankenship m. 2 Oct 1867 to Sarah Huff Helton b about 1841 VA
2. Charity Bentley b 1819 KY d WV; m. 27 Aug 1840 Pike Co KY to Matthew Mac Ramey b 1822 KY; s/o Moses Mosie Ramey and Tabitha Martha Fuller.
3. Moses Bentley b 1820 Floyd Co KY d May 1850 Floyd Co KY; m. 23 Feb 1837 Pike Co KY to Martha Patsy Blankenship b about 1820; d/o William Buck Blankenship and Anna Osborne
4. Matilda Bentley b about 1821 Perry Co KY d after 1895 Lawrence Co KY; m. 31 Dec 1836 Perry Co KY to John Hughes, b 1815 Russell Co VA d 1887 Lawrence Co KY; s/o Daniel Hughes and Sarah Tyree
5. Thomas Bentley b 1822.
6. Sarah Bentley b 1824.
7. Mary Bentley b 1828 KY
8. Esther Bentley b 1830 m. Robert Jefferson Big Jeff Fleming b 1 Sept 1825 Floyd Co KY d 18 Aug 1893 Mill Creek Pound Wise Co VA; s/o Robert Fleming and Elizabeth Betty Stambaugh (Stumbo).
9. Priscilla Bentley b 1831
10. Rhoda Roady Bentley b 1834 d 1909; buried W R Hall Cemetery, Jack's Creek, Floyd Co KY; m. 3 Dec 1853 Letcher Co KY to Lewis Hall b 1835 Perry Co KY d 8 Feb 1912 Shelby Gap, Pike Co KY; from gunshot wounds while being arrested for bootlegging; s/o
William Riley Hall and Nancy Higgins. Lewis Hall m. (2) to Mary Mullins. Lewis Hall m. (3) to Polly Anderson.
11. Solomon Davis Bentley b 1836 KY d 1909; m. 20 Sep 1877 to Mary Jane Bentley, b 9 Jul 1857 in Iredell, Co NC d 9 Feb 1925 Letcher Co KY; d/o James Martin Bentley and Tabitha Baker Johnson
12. William May Bentley b 1838 Letcher Co KY d 1865; age 27; buried Delaney Cemetery, Left Fork of Marshall's Branch, Pike Co KY; m. about 1861 to Mary Elizabeth Vanover, b 8 Mar 1842 Pike Co KY d 19 Jul 1916 Pike Co KY age 74; buried Delaney Cemetery, Left Fork of Marshall's Branch Pike Co KY; d/o
John H Vanover and Nancy Johnson. Mary Elizabeth Vanover m. 16 Feb 1871 Letcher Co KY to (2) Samuel Wright b 1850 KY; s/o Samuel W Wright and Elizabeth Betsy Adams.
13. Mary Bentley b 1844
14. James Jimmy Bentley b 1849; m. 23 Mar 1876 to Mary Elizabeth Taylor b 1856 Scott Co VA; d/o Marshall Benton Red Fox Taylor and Nancy Ann Booth.