Preston Press Blair and Ellender Nellie Adams
Preston Press Blair
and Ellender Nellie Adams
Preston Press Blair b abt 1828 d 23 Feb 1878 Letcher Co KY; s/o John Robinson Blair and Elizabeth Harrison. Preston Press Blair m. 4 Mar 1849 Letcher Co KY to Elender Nellie Adams b 1829 Whitley Co KY; d/o Rockhouse Mose Adams and Sarah Sally Caudill. Children of Preston Press Blair and Ellender Nellie Adams;
1. Moses A Blair b 20 Jan 1851 Letcher Co KY d 10 Jan 1907; m. 27 Oct 1873 Letcher Co KY to Mary Polly b 10 May 1853 KY.
2. Joseph Blair b about 1853 Letcher Co KY
3. John Henry Blair b 11 Nov 1854 Rockhouse Creek, Letcher Co KY d 2 Apr 1932 Taney Co MO; m. 11 Nov 1875 Letcher Co KY to Elizabeth Williams b 3 Mar 1854 KY d 10 Feb 1910.
4. Hiram Blair b 4 Oct 1856 Blair Branch, Letcher Co KY d 25 Oct 1932 Letcher Co KY; buried Blair Branch, Letcher Co KY; m. 21 Mar 1879 Letcher Co KY to Martha Jane Adams b 29 May 1865 Letcher Co KY d 1955; buried Blair Branch, Letcher Co KY.
5. George Blair b 27 Oct 1859 Letcher Co KY; m. 10 Dec 1885 Letcher Co KY to Mary Stidham.
6. Benjamin Blair b 16 Nov 1861 Letcher Co KY d 11 Mar 1929; m. 16 Nov 1887 Letcher Co KY to Mary Eldridge b 11 Jan 1863.
7. Samuel Blair b about 1865 Letcher Co KY d about 1943; m. Susannah Roark b ? d Nov 1951.
8. Green Blair b about 1867 Blair Branch, Letcher Co KY; m. 26 Sept 1893 Letcher Co KY to Sarah Elizabeth Caudill b 7 Aug 1871 Letcher Co KY d 11 Mar 1949.
9. Elihu Blair b about 1869 Letcher Co KY d Apr 1941 Breedings Creek, Letcher Co KY (of cancer and complications at his son, Harrison's Home); m. Female Whitaker. Children of Elihu Blair and Female Whitaker; i. Harrison Blair ii. Coy Blair iii. Wilson Blair iv. Betty Blair
10. William Blair b 3 Jan 1873 Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY d 5 Dec 1940 Knott Co KY; of paralysis; buried Preston Blair Cemetery, Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; findagrave 63320242; m. Sarah Goldie Banks. William Blair m. (2) Bettie Adams.
Obituary: William Blair
3 Jan 1873 - 5 Dec 1940
Willia Blair Dies. Thurs., Nov 28 1940. (Death certificate gives dod 5 Dec 1940). Will, the youngest of the sons of Press and Nellie Adams Blair, died at the home of Harrison Blair at Rockhouse in Knott Co Kentucky on Thursday, November 28 1940. Will had been in failing health for some months but not seriously, considering his age. He had been with his brother when he died at the ome of W. F. Thompson on Blair Branch and had gone to see another brother, Elihu who is very weak with a cancer at the home of his son on Breedings Creek. While Visiting his invalid brother Will was stricken with paralysis and only lived a few days, not regaining enough control of his body to eat or speak.
Will Blair married Sallie Banks in his youth and later married Bettie Adams of Thornton. Neither bore him a child, but he reared a son that he adopted, Clarence Banks. Mr. Blair was always jolly and friendly. He was liked by all who knew him. He was interested in the upbuilding of good citizenship and has helped many of our officers getting their messages around to the public.
Green, of Blair Branch and the invalid Elihu of Breedings Creek are the only survivers of the one time large family. They are both getting well lup in years. Will was buried on Blair Branch in the family cemetery, Saturday, November 30 (1940).