Benjamin Franklin Boggs
and Didema Ellen Stidham
Benjamin Franklin Boggs (aka Doctor Franklin) b 24 Jul 1844 Lee Co VA d 26 Jun 1927 Dry Fork, Lawrence Co KY; s/o William Boggs and Anne Johnson. Benjamin Franklin Boggs m. 24 Aug 1865 Wise Co VA to Didema Ellen Stidham b 10 Jan 1844 Lee Co VA d 17 Jan 1928 Raceland, Greenup Co KY; buried Bishop Cemetery, Greenup Co KY; d/o Jeremiah Stidham and Jane Unknown. Children of Benjamin Franklin Boggs and Didema Ellen Stidham;
1. Jonas Boggs b 24 May 1866 VA d 26 Jul 1941 Lynn, Boyd Co KY of bladder cancer; buried Boggs Cemetery, Warnock School Road, Greenup Co KY; m. 11 Jun 1898 Lawrence Co KY to Jane Grubb b 1881 KY d 1918; buried Boggs Cemetery, Warnock School Road, Greenup Co KY. Jonas Boggs m. 1887 to Missouri Hicks
2. Nelson Boggs b 26 Feb 1868 VA d 20 Mar 1962 Louisa, Lawrence Co KY of pneumonia; buried Hensley Cemetery, Webbville, Lawrence Co KY; m. 3 Jul 1889 Lawrence Co KY to Rose Ann Perkins b 1872 Lawrence Co KY d 7 Nov 1918 Lawrence Co KY; d/o Milt Perkins.
Big Sandy News (Mar. 29, 1962) Obituary of Nelson Boggs: Nelson Boggs, 98, of Route 1, Louisa, died at 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, Mar. 20, in a Louisa hospital following an illness of two weeks. Mr. Boggs, a retired blacksmith, was born Feb. 26, 1864, in Virginia, a son of the late Frank and Diadame Stiddam (sic) Boggs. Funeral services were conducted at 10:30 a.m. Friday from the Dry Fork Community Church with the Rev. Gallie Isaac officiating. Burial was in Hensley Cemetery at Webbville. Mr. Boggs was a member of the Baptist Church.
Surviving are the widow, Mrs. Maudie Phillips Boggs, to whom he was married 32 years; two daughters, Mrs. F.W. Boggs and Mrs. Earl Miller, both of Columbus; two sons, Steven Boggs of Webbville and Russell Boggs of Blaine; two stepdaughters, Mrs. Robert Terry, Pontiac, Mich., and Miss Esther Lyons, Louisa, Ky.; two brothers, Thomas and Sam Boggs of Wheelersburg, O.; 18 grandchildren and 21 greatgrandchildren. The body was at the Young funeral home and taken to the church one hour preceding the services.
3. Celia Jane Boggs b 15 Sept 1870 Lawrence Co KY d 14 Feb 1937 Jackson Co OH of influenza; buried Beaver Union Cemetery, Beaver, Pike Co KY; m. 9 Feb 1888 Lawrence Co KY to Thomas Newton Perkins b 1866 KY d 29 Sept 1940 Jackson Co OH; buried Beaver Union Cemetery, Beaver, Pike Co KY.
4. Anna Annie Boggs b 1872 Lawrence Co KY d 1936 Arkansas; m. 9 Jul 1892 Lawrence Co KY to George Washington Perkins b 1866 KY.
5. Elizabeth Lizzie Boggs b 1875 Lawrence Co KY; m. Elisha Holbrook
6. Samuel Boggs b 4 Feb 1877 Lawrence Co KY d 21 Jun 1967 Portsmouth, Scioto Co OH; m. 15 May 1900 Greenup Co KY to Martha Adkins b 1882 KY. Child of Samuel Boggs and Martha Adkins; i. Orville Boggs b 14 May 1902 KY d 11 Mar 1987 Wurtland, Greenup Co KY; buried Melvin Cemetery, Wurtland, Greenup Co KY; m. Ida Mae Melvin
Samuel Boggs m. 25 Sept 1907 Greenup Co KY to Emma Jane Short b abt 1882 KY Emma Jane Short b abt 1882 KY d 15 Oct 1968 Portsmouth, Scioto Co OH; buried Floral Hills Memorial Gardens, Scioto Co OH.
7. Hannah Boggs b 1879 Lawrence Co KY; m. Clay Griffith.
8. Clement Clem Boggs b 24 Apr 1881 Lawrence Co KY d 15 Oct 1958 Warnock, Greenup Co KY; buried Boggs Cemetery, Warnock, Greenup Co KY; m. 27 Sept 1902 Lawrence Co KY to Sarah Hayes b 10 May 1871 OH d 4 Mar 1923 Greenup Co KY. Clement Clem Boggs m. 19 Oct 1924 Greenup Co KY to Ella Hall Riggs b 1875 d 8 Jul 1939 Greenup Co KY; d/o Isaac Hall and Martha Floyd. Clement Clem Boggs m. 29 Jan 1940 Greenup Co KY to Martha Jarrells b abt 1881 Lawrence Co KY d 5 Jun 1973. Martha Jarrells m. @illiam J Caldwell.
Ashland Daily Independent, Thurs., Oct. 16, 1958: Boggs Funeral Rites Friday Greenup: Funeral services for Clem Boggs, 77, of Warnock, will be conducted Friday at 10 a.m. at the Mt. Olive Baptist Church. Elders Ira Adkins and Albert Boggs will officiate and burial will following in the Boggs Cemetery at Warnock. Mr. Boggs, a retired farmer, died Wednesday, at 9:20 a.m. at the home of a son, Edgar Boggs of Warnock. His death was attributed to a heart attack. He was born in Lawrence County, Ky., April 24, 1881, a son of the late Frank and Didama Elner (sic) Boggs. He is survived by his wife, Martha Boggs; two sons, Edgar Boggs, Warnock, David Boggs of Detroit, Mich. and (sic - this next person was a brother) Nelson Boggs of Louisa; six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. The body is being removed at 5 p.m. today from the Riggs-Sammons Funeral Home to the residence where friends may call.
9. William Thomas Boggs b 1888 Lawrence Co KY d 6 Apr 1981 Portsmouth, Scioto Co OH; m. 6 Jan 1915 Nellavale, Greenup Co KY to Maude Maudie Allen b 15 Apr 1897 Greenup Co KY d 15 Apr 1968 Sciotoville, Scioto Co OH; d/o Sam Allen and Cynthia Unknown. William Thomas Boggs m. (2) to Millie Dean.