and Catherine B Chapman
Henry Bolton b abt 1769 England d 24 Nov 1846 Pembroke, Giles Co VA; m. 17 Aug 1786 Old Swedes Church, Philadelphia, PA to Catherine B Chapman b 15 Apr 1756 PA d 17 Aug 1798 Botetourt Co VA. Children of Henry Bolton and Catherine B Chapman;
1. Elizabeth Bolton b 1787; buried Mill Creek Baptist Church Cemetery, Troutville, Botetourt Co VA; m. Absalom Cornelius Dempsey b 17 Dec 1797 d 28 Jun 1872; occupation, minister of the gospel; buried Mill Creek Baptist Church Cemetery, Troutville, Botetourt Co VA.
2. Mary Polly Bolton b 15 Mar 1791 Washington Co MD d 25 Nov 1809 Botetourt Co VA
3. Jacob David Bolton b 27 Apr 1793 Botetourt Co VA d 25 Nov 1859 Murray Co GA; m. Elizabeth Inksell b 1793 VA d 29 Jul 1873 Centerdale, Cedar Co IA. Children of Jacob David Bolton and Elizabeth Inksell;
i. Peter Bolton b 1 Feb 1816 VA d 30 Sept 1875 GA; m. Rachel Ann Bolton b 27 Oct 1819 VA d 17 Mar 1889 GA. Children of Peter Bolton and Rachel Ann Bolton;
I. John Hardy Bolton b 3 Sept 1840 GA d 27 Oct 1927 Screven Co VA; m. Julia E Wells b 28 Nov 1850 d 22 May 1927 GA; d/o Alexander J Wells and Mary E Bazemore.
II. Catharine Virginia Bolton b 15 Oct 1842 Fincastle, Botetourt Co VA d 5 Feb 1920 Hico, Hamilton Co TX; m. Daniel Jasper Brown b 13 Dec 1842 Cleveland, Bradley Co TN d 5 Nov 1923 Hico, Hamilton Co TX; Findagrave Memorial; s/o Harden Brown and Malinda Melvina Reagan.
III. Sophia A Bolton b 1856 d 1890; m. Henry Clay Montgomery b 1845 d Mar 1890
ii. David Bolton b 9 Dec 1823 Fincastle, Botetourt Co VA d 16 Apr 1910 Pottawattamie Co IA; m. Martha Ann Fisher b 29 Jul 1829 VA d 19 Aug 1918 Pottawattamie Co IA; d/o Joseph Fisher.
3. Sarah Sally Bolton b 15 Sept 1795 Botetourt Co VA d 15 Apr 1798 Botetourt Co VA
4. Peter Bolton b 1797 VA d 17 Mar 1858 Cedar Co IA; m. Mary Falls b 1795 d 1875
5. Henry Bolton b 11 Jan 1800 Giles Co VA d 16 Jan 1875 Giles Co VA; m. Elizabeth Obenchain. Children of Henry Bolton and Elizabeth Obenchain; i. Absalom Dempsey Bolton b 12 Dec 1828 d 27 Jul 1900 Forest Hill, Summers Co WV; m. Clementine Albert 27 Jul 1832 d 17 Oct 1924; d/o James Albert and Female Williams. ii. David Lewis Bolton b 14 Feb 1837 Giles Co VA d 1 May 1912 Giles Co VA; m. Martha Lucas b 15 Dec 1838 Giles Co VA d 30 Jun 1907 Giles Co VA; d/o Parker Lucas
Henry Bolton 1760 England
Source of the Following
Henry Bolton was born about 1760 in England and came to America with his brother, Conrad Bolton, in 1775 onboard the ship Calvert, landing in Baltimore, Maryland. Henry Bolton was married to Catherine Chapman in 1786 probably in Pennsylvania. There are no extant records of them being married in the Old Swede Church as claimed by some. Together they had six children. After Catherine Chapman died in 1798, Henry married Nancy Mann in 1799 in Botetourt County, Virginia. Henry and Nancy had 14 children. Henry Bolton served in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Militia, 4th Battalion, 8th Company, 8th Class. Henry died on November 24, 1846 in Giles County Virginia of typhoid fever and was probably buried at the old Bolton Cemetery, now located on private property where he and Nancy had lived with his son, Henry Bolton Jr. No headstone is now visible for Henry Bolton Sr.