Joda Bowen and Ruby Crease
and Ruby Crease
Joda Bowen b 5 Sept 1901 d 4 Sept 1923; buried Colson Cemetery, Colson, KY; s/o Johnny Bowen and Maude Adams. Joda Bowen m. Ruby Crease. Child of Joda Bowen and Ruby Crease;
Joda Bowen Tombstone
1. Joda May Bowen b 26 Feb 1924; m. 30 May 1943 Jackhorn, KY to Perry Potter b 30 Apr 1925 Jackhorn KY d 26 Nov 1988 Vance Alabama (in the hospital in Tuscaloosa Al) buried in Memorial Hill Gardens, Tuscaloosa Al; s/o
Clabe Potter and Braskie Hall.
and Edwin Taylor
Ruby Crease b 15 May 1904 d 21 Jan 1989; m. (2) to Edwin Taylor b 22 May 1904 d 17 Feb 1980; s/o William Patton Taylor and Mattie Young. Children of Edwin Taylor and Ruby Crease;
1. Novella Taylor b 20 Jan 1926 d 25 Apr 2005; m. 21 Nov 1945 to Joseph "Joe" Sumpter b 9 Dec 1918 d 7 Jun 1990. Children of Joseph "Joe" Sumpter and Novella Taylor;
i. Thelma Kay Sumpter
ii. Joseph Boyd Sumpter b 26 Aug 1946 d 9 Sept 1967 in the Vietnam War.
2. Magdalene Taylor; m. (1) to Male Smith. Children of Male Smith and Magdalen Taylor;
i. Gary Smith
ii. Jerry Smith
iii. Garland Smith
iv. Rebecca Smith
v. Mary Jo Smith
vi. Chesley Smith
vii. Eva Smith
Magdalene Taylor m. 11 Nov 1994 to Roscoe Johnson b 2 Feb 1920 Hartley KY d 20 Jan 2007; s/o Kennis Johnson and Caldonia Johnson.
Roscoe Johnson m. 2 Aug 1940 to Louise Johnson b ? d 1 Jul 1994. Child of Roscoe Johnson and Louise Johnson;
i. Willie M Johnson. Child of William M Johnson; I. Matthew Greg Johnson. Child of Matthew Greg Johnson; I.i. Levi T Johnson
3. Glemma Lee Taylor; m. Male Simmons
4. Lillian Faye Taylor (deceased)
5. Lula Belle Taylor b abt 1941 d 10 Jan 2017; buried Green Acres Cemetery, Ermine, KY; m. Arvel Slone. Children of Arvel Slone and Lula Belle Taylor;
i. Dwayne Slone
ii. Rhonda Slone; m. Joe Holbrook. Children of Joe Holbrook and Rhonda Slone; I. Travis Holbrook II. Josh Holbrook Kyler Holbrook
iii. Ruby Slone; m. Jeff Breeding
6. Donna Taylor; m. Gene Jurgan
7. Cecille Taylor (aka Cecelia); m. David Garvin
8. Jack Taylor; m. Martha Unknown
9. Emmett Clay Taylor (deceased)
10. Charles Taylor; m. Peggy Unknown.
Obituary of Lula Belle Taylor Slone
1941 - 10 January 2017
Services held for Lula Slone
Funeral services for Lula Taylor Slone, 76, were held January 13 in Whitesburg. Burial was in Green Acres Cemetery at Ermine.
A daughter of the late Ed and Ruby Crase Taylor, she died January 10 at the Greg and Noreen Wells Hospice Center in Hazard.
She was the widow of Arvel Slone, and a grandmother of the late Matthew Holbrook. Mrs. Slone was also preceded in death by four siblings, Lillian Taylor, Joda Mae Potter, Novella Sumpter and Emmitt Taylor.
Surviving are a son, Dwayne Slone of Mayking; two daughters, Rhonda Holbrook and husband Joe of Mayking, and Ruby Breeding and husband Jeff of Neon; two brothers, Charles Taylor and wife Peggy of Ohio, and Jack Taylor and wife Martha of Blackey; four sisters, Cecilia Garvin and husband David of Greenwood, Ind., Maggie Smith of McRoberts, Donna Jurgan and husband Gene of Montana, and Glemma Simmons of Florida; four grandchildren, Joe Holbrook II, John Slone, Kayla Holbrook and Myka Slone; and five great-grandchildren, Travis Holbrook, Josh Holbrook, Kyler Holbrook and Alex Slone.