George Crase Sr and
George Crase Cress Sr b about 1735-1740 Netherlands ?, d 25 Feb 1823 Gallipolis, Gallia Co, OH, about age 88; buried Gallipolis, Gallia
Co, OH. George Crase m. about 1761 Pennsylvania to Christinia Unknown b 1738 Pennsylvania,
d 30 Jul 1823 Gallipolis, Gallia Co, OH, age 85; buried Gallipolis,
Gallia Co, OH. Children of George Crase Sr and Christinia Unknown;
1. Nicholas Cress Crase (AKA Johan Niclaus Kress)
b 3 May 1762 Littleton, York Co PA d 12 Sept 1799 Wythe Co VA age 37 m. 1785
Augusta Co VA to Elizabeth Summers b about 1765 Augusta Co VA d 1865 Wythe Co VA
age 100, d/o Johannes Andrew Summers Jr and Isabella Young. Elizabeth Summers m. George Taylor.
2. Johan George Cress Crase Jr (AKA Kress) b about 1767 Littleton, York Co PA; m. 30 Dec 1790 Rockbridge Co VA to Charity Morgan.
3. John Cress Crase b 30 Nov 1767 York Co PA.
4. Henry Cress Crase b 1771 York Co PA d 1867 Gallipolis, Gallia Co
OH age 96; m. 27 Jan 1794 Rockbridge Co VA to Christinia Bay.
5. Elizabeth Crase Cress b 1773 Littleton, York Co PA; m. 24 Aug 1794 Rockbridge Co VA to John Miller.
6. Jacob Crase Cress b 1777 York Co PA; m. 17 Apr 1802 to Rosanna Coons.
7. Catherine Crase Cress born 1780 Littleton, York Co PA; m. 9 Nov 1800 Rockbridge Co VA to Paulis Winturn.
8. Christiana Cress Crase b 1786 Rockbridge Co VA d 1860 OH; age 74; m. 17 Aug 1826 OH to George Williams.
General Notes: There were 3 Cress immigrants to Philidelphia, Pennsylvania
from Germany on December 3, 1740 on the ship "Robert & Alice"Jeorge Phillip,
Jurich, and Jacob Cress. These Cress were listed as Dutch on the ships List.
No one researching this line has found proof of Georges parents. The Cress
came from Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Georges father was probably Jurich or Jeorg Phillip Cress.
There is also no proof of Georges birth date.
There was a Johann Heinrich Kress, Henry Kress, Phillip Casper Kress, Karl
Kress that immigrated to US Oct. 4, 1752 on Ship "Neptune." One line of
these Kress started the Kress Dime Store Chain.
George Cress the progenitor of the Virginia Cress families joined the
Revolutionary War in York Co. Pennsylvania in the summer of 1777. His
Revolutionary war pension number S24983. George moved to Augusta County,
Virginia the part that later became Rockbridge County about 1784.
History of Johnson County Tennessee Vol 1, 1985.
"The Descensants of George Cress born 1739,Vol.11, A Compilation of all
known descendants" by Edgar A. Cress, 100 Erskine Ln. Oak Ridge, Tn. 37830,