John Jackson Fleming
and Mary Jane Mullins
John Jackson Jack Fleming Sr b 9 June 1814 Powell Valley, Lee Co, VA d 1 Feb 1881 Flemingtown, Dickenson Co VA; s/o Robert Fleming and Elizabeth Betty Stambaugh. John Jackson Jack Fleming Sr m. 31 Jan 1833 Pike Co KY to Mary Jane Mullins b 15 May 1816 Toe River, Yancy Co NC d 6 Oct 1893 Flemingtown, Dickenson Co VA; d/o John Holly Creek Mullins Jr and Olive Ollie Cox. (1860 Wise Co VA Census). Children of John Jackson Fleming and Mary Jane Mullins;
1. John Jackson Fleming b 29 Aug 1834 Jacks Fork, Big Beaver Creek, Floyd Co KY d 28 Aug 1912; m. Mary Francis Fannie Adams b about 1834.
2. Lavina Fleming b 24 Mar 1836 Jacks Fork, Big Beaver Creek, Floyd Co KY d 26 Nov 1906; m. Oct 1852 Russell Co (now Dickenson Co) VA to Marshall G Keel b 1831 NC d 16 Sept 1863 Big Ridge, Wise Co VA. Marshall Keel lived on George's Fork. During the Civil War. Capt. Chase and Capt. Fulton's Companies were ordered to West Virginia. Lt. John Fleming in Capt. Chase's Company ask his Brother-in-law Marshall Keel to put on his uniform and go with them part of the way. On the first day out Marshall Keel was shot and killed at Big Ridge near Phil Fleming's by bushwhackers who were out to kill John Fleming and or John McFall.
3. Isaac Fleming b 1838 Holly Creek, Russell Co VA (now Clintwood VA) d 1864. Never married. He was killed in ambush while visiting relatives on Shelby Creek by a band of Union irregulars after the Command he was in under Col. Menifee had made their first raid into Kentucky robbing stores and private citizens. He was an enlisted man conscripted into the Confederate Army's 7th Batt. Company B along with Basil Mullins, Greenberry Mullins, Jack Mullins, John Mullins, Sol Mullins, Wm. Mullins and many others not in our family names. Their Officers were Capt. Wilburn Fulton, 1st Lt. James Short and 2nd Lt. Henderson Mullins.
4. Emanurel Manuel Fleming b 12 May 1840 Holly Creek, Russell Co VA d 1910 Dickenson Co VA; m. 13 Feb 1859 Wise Co VA to Mary Elizabeth Betty Mullins b 18 Aug 1843 Russell Co VA d 1915 Pike Co KY; d/o Isham Isom Mullins and Mary Ann Polly Mullins.
5. Martha Jane Fleming b Nov 1842 Holly Creek, Russell Co VA (now Dickenson Co Clintwood VA) d 11 Apr 1925 near Isom, Dickenson Co VA; buried Vanover Farm, mouth of Georges Fork of Pound River, Wise Co VA; m. Wesley Y Vanover b about 1837 Ashe Co NC d 17 Oct 1922 Dickenson Co VA; buried Clintwood Dickenson Co VA; d/o Cornelius Vanover and Sarah Cooley Hill.
6. Sarah Sally Fleming b 1845 Holly Creek, (now Clintwood) Russell (now Dickenson) Co VA d after 1910; m. 16 Aug 1864 Wise Co VA to Franklin Taylor b 1841 Grayson Co VA d 26 Apr 1974 Wise Co VA; s/o Nathan Taylor and Polly Unknown.
7. William Jefferson Crippled Billy Fleming (aka Billy Jeff) b 9 Dec 1846 Dickenson Co VA d 30 Jun 1921; m. 31 Dec 1874 Wise Co VA to Martha Jane Patsy Branham b 1 Dec 1853 d 11 Dec 1934 Dickenson Co VA; d/o Tandy Branham (aka Lundy) and Martha Elizabeth Robinson. William Jefferson Crippled Billy Fleming was a teacher.
8. David Fleming b 1847 VA
9. Robert Fleming b 5 Mar 1851 Dickenson Co VA; m. 14 Jan 1873 Wise Co VA to Polly McFall b 1848 Yancey Co NC.
10. George W Fleming b 21 Apr 1857 (not sure of this year; in the 1860 Wise Co VA census George Fleming is listed as 9 years of age. that would be a birth year of 1851).
11. Andrew Jackson Andy Fleming b 6 May 1859 d 8 Oct 1904; m. 20 Feb 1879 Wise Co VA to Florina Senter (aka Florida) b 22 Dec 1861 Wise Co VA; d/o Andrew Andy Franklin Senter and Frances Jane Franky McFall. Andrew Jackson Andy Fleming m. Nancy V Killen b 11 Jun 1858 Wise Co VA; d/o Robert Killen and Anna Phipps.
12. Mary J Fleming b 6 May 1859 VA (Mary is listed as age 4 in the 1860 Wise Co VA Census).