Thomas Francis Jr
and Jane Hammonds
Thomas Francis Jr (same as Thomas Francis) b 18 May 1774 Russell Co VA d 31 Jul 1855 Letcher Co KY; buried Carr Fork Cemetery, Knott Co KY; s/o Thomas Francis Sr and Elizabeth Unknown. Thomas Francis Jr m. 1800 Washington Co NC to Jane Hammonds b 1778 Wilkes Co NC d 1833 Knott Co KY; buried Carr Fork Cemetery, Knott Co KY; d/o John Hammonds and Margaret Elizabeth Amburgey. Children of Thomas Francis Jr and Jane Hammonds;
1. Rebecca Francis b 22 Dec 1801 VA (alternate b 23 Oct 1801 Castlewood, Russell Co VA) d 5 May 1873 Littcarr, Knott Co KY; m. 1819 Russell Co VA to Ambrose Amburgey b 24 Feb 1792 Wilkes Co NC d 24 Sept 1875 Littcarr, Knott Co KY; s/o John Amburgey and Elizabeth Jane Hammons Hammonds.
2. Mary Polly Francis b 9 May 1804 VA d about 1832; m. about 1822 to John Smith b TN d 1882 Roane Co WV; s/o Isaac Smith and Female Fairchild. John Smith m. about 1834 Russell Co VA to (2) Frances Hammonds d about 1865 Roane Co WV, d/o
John Hammonds and Mary Frances Stephens.
3. Susannah Susan Francis b 7 Jun 1806 VA Russell Co VA; m. 1823 Russell Co VA to Fielding Combs b 1806 VA d abt 1870; s/o William C Old Billy Combs and Anna Thompson. Fielding Combs m. (2) Matilda Kelley b about 1838 Russell Co VA d 1929; d/o William Kelly and Rebecca Caroline Nash. Matilda Kelly m. Samuel N Johnson.
4. Elizabeth Betty Francis b 30 Dec 1808 VA d about 1860 Rowan Co KY; m. Male Reynolds; m. 1835 Perry Co KY to (2) Wilburn Amburgey b 10 Feb 1804 Wilkes Co NC d 1859 in Rowan Co KY; s/o John Amburgey and Elizabeth Jane Hammons Hammonds.
5. Virginia Ann Jenny Francis b 12 Jan 1811 VA d Russell Co VA; m. Thompson C. Combs b Jun 1813 Russell Co VA d about 1882 Russell Co VA; s/o William C Old Billy Combs and Anna Thompson.
6. Samuel Red Sam Francis Sr b 28 Jan 1813 Russell Co VA d 11 Oct 1874/1878 Letcher Co KY; m. 8 Apr 1833 Perry Co KY to Leodicia "Dicy Hogg b 11 Mar 1818 KY d 30 Aug 1884 Perry Co KY; d/o James Hogg and Elizabeth Kelly. They reared their family on Carr Creek, Knott County, Kentucky near the old Carr Church. They are buried in the Stamper Cemetery about a mile below this church. This cemetery is called Ball Point Cemetery. by Carlice Breeding, 1968.
7. Sarah Sally Francis b 24 Nov 1815 VA d Knott Co KY; m. 23 Jul 1835 Perry Co KY to George Washington Wash Johnson b Jun 1818 VA d Knott Co Co KY; s/o Thomas Johnson and Philadelphia Carter.
8. Simeon Sim Francis b 25 Mar 1818 VA d 31 Jul 1878 Letcher Co KY; m. 28 May 1840 Perry Co KY to Cassie B Smith b 29 Jan 1825 Letcher Co KY d 31 Jul 1878 Letcher Co KY; d/o William Branham Smith and Elizabeth Childers.
and Lourania Polly
Thomas Francis b 18 May 1774 VA d 31 Jul 1855 Knott Co KY; buried Carrs Fork, Knott Co KY; s/o Thomas Francis Sr and Elizabeth Unknown. Thomas Francis m. 11 Nov 1834Perry Co KY to Lourania Polly b 20 Oct 1799 Carter Co TN d 22 Nov 1874 Letcher Co KY; d/o Edward Polly and Mary Agnes Mullins. (1860 Letcher Co KY Census). Children of Thomas Francis and Lourania Polly;
1. Lurania Francis b 11 Aug 1835 Perry Co KY d 22 Nov 1874 (or 3 Jun 1908); m. Thomas Smith b about 1836 KY; s/o William Smith and Millie Combs.
2. Arena Anna Francis b 11 Sept 1837 d 17 Mar 1915; m. 1 Mar 1857 Letcher Co KY to Hiram H Stamper b 2 Aug 1834 d 19 Feb 1873; s/o John Whit Stamper and Lucinda Hogg.
3. Elizabeth Francis b 19 Aug 1838 d 5 Oct 1862; m. 30 Nov 1854 to James P. Stamper b 30 Aug 1832 Perry (now Letcher) Co KY d 21 Jun 1903 Knott Co KY; s/o
John Whit Stamper and Lucinda Hogg. James P Stamper m. about 1864 to (2) Elizabeth Francis b 17 Mar 1834 d 10 Oct 1908; d/o Samuel Francis Sr and Leodicia Hogg. Elizabeth Francis b 1834; m. 18 Jul 1850 Letcher Co KY to (1) Stephen Adams b 1830 Cowan, Perry Co KY d 1862 Letcher Co KY; s/o Randolph Adams and Nancy Caudill. (This group of marriages is very confusing, so I'm leaving it as is until I can figure it out).
4. Margerene Polly Francis b 3 Jul 1842 Letcher Co KY d 5 Oct 1908 Petersville, Lewis Co KY; m. 1860 Letcher Co KY to John Whit Stamper b 20 Jul 1839 Letcher Co KY d 4 Jul 1907 Petersville, Lewis Co KY; s/o John Whit Stamper and Lucinda Hogg.
Lourania Polly and
John Penn Hagins
John Penn Hagins b 1794 d 24 Mar 1834 Perry Co KY; s/o William Hagins and Mary Polly Linville. John Penn Hagins m. 20 Jun 1818 Floyd Co KY to Lourania Polly b 1795 Washington Co TN d 1874 Letcher Co KY; d/o Edward Polly and Mary Agnes Mullins. Some children of John Penn Hagins and Lourania Polly;
1. Mary Hagins b 1816 m. 2 Jun 1833 Perry Co KY to Alfred Amburgey b 1813 Wilkes Co NC; s/o William Amburgey and Nancy Franklin.
2. Harriett Hagins b 30 Jul 1818 KY d 28 Feb 1869 Letcher Co KY buried Whitaker Cemetery, Turkey Creek, Letcher Co KY; m. 18 Sept 1834 to Esquire Squire Whitaker b 31 May 1813 Clay Co KY d 23 Feb 1878 Letcher Co KY; buried Whitaker Cemetery, Turkey Creek, Letcher Co KY.
3. Sarah Hagins b 1820
4. Nancy Hagins b 22 Mar 1823 d 10 Jul 1914; m. 19 Jan 1837 Perry Co KY to Thomas Watts b 20 Jul 1812 Floyd Co KY d 25 Feb 1897; s/o George Watts and Emilia Milly Noble.
5. John Vint Hagins b 1824 KY d 1860; m. 25 Jul 1847 Letcher Co KY to Jane Amburgey b 11 Aug 1821 Russell Co VA d 26 Nov
1912 Knott Co KY; d/o Ambrose Amburgey and Rebecca Francis. Jane Amburgey m. 20 Apr 1840 Perry Co KY to Spencer Adams. Spencer Adams m. Cassie Banks. Spencer Adams m. 1849 VA to Jane Stumbo b 1827 Floyd Co KY.
6. Melvina Hagins b 1826