Shadrick Shade Franklin
and Jahala Jala Addington
Shadrick "Shade" Franklin (aka Shadrach) b about 1812 NC d about 1900 Letcher Co KY; s/o Abraham Franklin and Sarah Sally Spears. Shadrick Shade Franklin m. 27 Apr 1840 Scott Co VA to (1) Jahala "Jaela" Addington b about 1814 Scott Co VA d about 1869 Letcher Co KY; d/o William Addington Jr and Sarah Stallard. (1860 Letcher Co KY Census). Children of Shadrick "Shade" Franklin and Jahala "Jala" Addington;
1. Eliza Jane Franklin b 16 Mar 1834 Scott Co VA d 24 Jul 1930 Ashland, Boyd Co KY; died of bronchial pneumonia; m. 4 Dec 1856 Letcher Co KY to James Preston Hall b 16 Mar 1836 Russell Co VA d 2 Jun 1925 Magoffin Co KY; s/o Isham Isom Hall and Jane Mullins.
2. Mary "Polly" Franklin b 1844 Russell Co VA; m. 30 Dec 1859 to Nehemiah Crase b Jul 1851; s/o Campbell Crase and Mahala Craft.
3. Elzey P Franklin b 1846 Russell Co VA.
4. Byrd Franklin b 29 Jan 1847 Russell Co VA d 1 Jan 1927 Letcher Co KY; m. 29 Jun 1869 to Mary Jane Addington; d/o John Addington and Cora Lucinda Roberts.
5. Andrew Jack Franklin (aka Andrew Jackson) b 17 Oct 1850 Russell Co VA d 22 Mar 1923 Letcher Co KY; m. 1870 to (1) Manerva "Nervie" Sergent b 1 Mar 1852 d 5 Oct 1888 Letcher Co KY; d/o David S Sergent and Christina Morgan. Andrew Jack Franklin m. to (2) Margaret Adams b 13 Mar 1874 Mayking, Letcher Co KY d 13 Jan 1943 Crafts Colly, Letcher Co KY; d/o Randolph "Randall" Adams and Martha Hale Breeding. Margaret Adams m. 1925 to (2) W H Day. Margaret Adams m. 1938 to (3) W S Cox.
6. Sarah Franklin b 1853 Letcher Co KY d 26 Oct 1936 Letcher Co KY; m. 18 Mar 1871 Letcher Co KY to Wesley Breeding b 22 Jan 1852 Letcher Co KY d 8 Jul 1941; s/o Preston Breeding and Mary Polly Collins. Children of Wesley Breeding and Sarah Franklin;
i. Mary B Breeding b 15 Dec 1871.
ii. William Breeding b 24 Dec 1873.
iii. Sam Breeding b 31 Aug 1876.
iv. Pearlie Breeding b 12 Mar 1878.
v. Maggie Breeding b 11 May 1881.
vi. Elzy Breeding b 24 Sept 1883.
vii. Hattie Breeding b 10 May 1889.
viii. Nannie Breeding b 5 Apr 1891.
Shadrick Shade Franklin
and Eliza Jane Louisa Bentley
Shadrick "Shade" Franklin (aka Shadrach) b about 1812 NC d about 1900 Letcher Co KY; s/o Abraham Franklin and Sarah Sally Spears. Shadrick "Shade" Franklin m. 16 May 1869 Letcher Co KY to (2) Eliza Jane Louisa Bentley; d/o Solomon Bentley and Mary Polly Yonts. The marriage was performed by Solomon Yontz (aka Yonts), County Clerk, in presence of Susanna Yontz Yonts. Children of Shadrick Shade Franklin and Eliza Jane Louisa Bentley;
1. Martha Franklin b 1873 Letcher Co KY; m. 23 Feb 1891 Letcher Co KY to Jesse A Cook b Feb 1872 Letcher Co KY d about 1940 Letcher Co KY; buried Deane, Letcher Co KY; s/o Archelous Arch Cook and Nancy Adams. Children of Jesse A Cook and Martha Franklin;
i. Minerva Cook b 22 Mar 1892 d 10 Apr 1964; m. Gillian G E Collins b 18 Mar 1886 d 7 Apr 1971; s/o Hazzell Collins and Sarah Margaret Collins.
ii. Eliza Cook b about 1895 d 1978; m. 1910 to Henderson H Collins b 18 May 1876 d 9 Jan 1942; s/o Hazzell Collins and Sarah Margaret Collins.
iii. William Will Cook b 1898; m. Marilda Baker b 28 Feb 1907; d/o Elijah Willis Baker and Callie Pratt.
iv. Leonard Cook; m. 1922 to Cora Hornsby
v. Ethel Cook
Jesse A Cook m. to (2) Missouri Collins b May 1880 d 16 Nov 1936; d/o Hazzell Collins and Sarah Margaret Collins.
Jesse A Cook m. to (3) Julia Ann Patrick. Child of Jesse A Cook and Julia Ann Patrick;
i. Johnny Cook
Julia Ann Patrick m. (1) to Orville Amburgey. Children of Orville Amburgey and Julie Ann Patrick;
i. Golda Amburgey b 20 Mar 1943 Knott Co KY d 7 Mar 2009 St Mary's Hospital, Evansville, IN; buried Kings Ridge Cemetery, Jackson KY; m. to (1) Male Dagnan. Golda Amburgey m. to (2) Roy Kilburn. Children of Golda Amburgey; i. Kathy Cavin ii. Tammy Wood iii. Karen Josefowicz iv. Melissa Dagnan v. Kimberly Kilburn.
ii. Burton Amburgey b 1941 d 1941
Julia Ann Patrick m. to (2) James Madison Jent. Children of James Madison Jent and Julia Ann Patrick;
i. Marietta Jent b 25 Dec 1954; m. Male Cosille
ii. Esbie Ruth Jent b 24 Nov 1956; m. Male Sydney
Julia Ann Patrick m. to (4) Corbet Mullins.
Obituary: Goldie A. Dagnan
20 Mar 1943 - 7 Mar 2009
Obituary: Goldie A. Dagnan, age 65, of Fairfield, IL passed away March 7, 2009 at the St. Mary's Hospital at Evansville, Indiana. She was born in Knott County on March 20, 1943 to Orville Amburgey and Julie Ann
Golda Amburgey Dagnan|
20 Mar 1943 - 7 Mar 2009
She was preceded in death by her parents, Orville Amburgey and Julie Ann Patrick; second husband, Roy Kilburn and 1 brother: Burton Amburgey.
She is survived by Daughters: Kathy Cavin, Tammy Wood, Karen Josefowicz, Melissa Dagnan, Kimberly Kilburn and Lisa Thomas; brother: Johnny Cook; sisters: Mary Cosille and Ruth Sydney; 10 grandchildren and 19 great grandchildren.
Funeral services were held at 10AM, Thursday, March 12, 2009 at the Hindman Funeral Services Chapel with Ricky Smith officiating. Burial will follow at the Kings Ridge Cemetery at Jackson, Kentucky. Visitation will be at the chapel, Wednesday from 11AM to 9PM