Leviticus Levi Fuller
and Jane Jennie Combs
PVT US ARMY
DATE OF DEATH: 08/21/1864
BURIED AT: SECTION A SITE 1434
ROCK ISLAND CONFEDERATE CEMETERY
ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL, P.O. BOX 737 MOLINE, IL 61266-0737
Leviticus Vit Fuller (aka Lee Vit) b 1838 KY d 21 Aug 1864 as a prisoner of war and is buried at Section A, Site 1434, Rock Island, Illinois Confederate Cemetery, Rock Island Arsenal,
Moline, IL; s/o Elijah Green Fuller and Elizabeth Messer. Vit Fuller was in the Civil War with his brothers Elijah Bunt Fuller and Archibald Fuller in the 13th KY Cav Co C. At the end of the Civil War, Leviticus Vit Fuller was dragged from the dinner table at home and taken to
Rock Island Illinois Union POW Camp where he died, presumably of dysentery. He is listed there as having been in the 10th Kentucky Cavalry. Leviticus Vit Fuller m. 21 Aug 1854 to Jane Jennie Combs b 1838 KY d before 1910 KY; d/o Jeremiah Long Jerry
Combs and Sally Whitley. Jennie Combs m. (2) Wilbur? Patton. (See Brian Fuller's Levi Fuller Site). Children of Leviticus Vit Fuller and Jane Jennie Combs;
1. Ale (Elijah?) G Fuller (male)
2. Elizabeth Betts Betsy Fuller (aka Beth) b 25 Jan 1855 Perry Co KY d 11 Nov 1938; senility; buried Williams Cemetery, Hindman, KY; m. Harrison Williams b 1850 d 1936; buried Stacy Cemetery, Ary, KY; (death certificate gives Williams Cemetery, Hindman, KY as burial place); s/o Nicholas Williams and Ann Williams.
3. Sally Fuller b 7 May 1857 Perry Co KY.
4. Jefferson Davis Fuller b 4 Oct 1859 Perry Co KY d 13 Jan 1917 Muir, Fayette Co KY; m. 10 Sept 1885 Bourbon Co KY to Martha Sears b 21 May 1868 d 24 Nov 1940 Fayette Co KY.
5. Mary Jane Fuller b abt 1861 KY d abt 1901 Johnson Co KY; m. 27 Dec 1880 Floyd Co KY to William Owens b 10 May 1858 KY; s/o Shadrack Slone and Jane Owens. Children of William Slone Owens and Mary Jane Fuller; i. Thomas Owens b 1882 KY ii. Leander Owens b 1885 Johnson Co KY d Apr 1961 Johnson Co KY iii. Katherine Owens b 1889 KY d 21 Oct 1968 Boyd Co KY iv. Willie Owens b 1900 Johnson Co KY v. Virgie Mae Owens b 16 May 1891 KY d 20 Aug 1943 vi. Jefferson Owens b 18 Aug 1893 KY d 18 Dec 1985 Knott Co KY. vii. Ellen Owens b 1895 KY viii. Walter Owens b 1899 KY; m. Patsy Johnson b at 1905 KY ix. Walter Owens b 1899 KY; m. Patsy Johnson b abt 1905 KY x. Dora Owens b 1900 KY; m. Henry Frank Cantrell b 28 Jul 1871 KY d 22 Mar 1963 Scioto Co OH
Levitius Fuller Grave Marker Information
Levi Fuller Grave Marker Info
Veterans Legacy Memorial
US Department of Veterans Affairs Rock Island Confederate Cemetery, Rodman Avenue, Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL, 309 782 2094, Section A, Site 1434.
Leviticus Fuller Grave Marker Information
Nationa Park Service, The Civil War
National Database Search 13th Regiment Kentucky Cavalry, Co C Private M377 Roll 5.
From Findagrave 60655518 (special thanks to mem #46910251 for the following info) I have just purchased the book "13th Kentucky Cavalry, C.S.A" "Caudill's Army" by the Ben Caudill Camp No. 1629.
This entry is in that book:
FULLER, LEVITACUS: (1837 - 8/21/1864), Co. C. enl. Whitesburg, KY 10/1/1862, captured Battle of Cynthiana 6/14/1864, to Louisville Prison 6/22/1864, to Rock Island Prison 6/24/1864, died of dysentery, resided Perry County, KY 1860, son of Elijah & Elizabeth (Patton) Fuller, married Elizabth Jane Combs 1859, buried Grave #1434, Rock Island Confederate Cemetery, Rock Island, Rock Island Co., IL.