Thomas "Tom" Hall
and Nancy Johnson
Thomas "Tom" Hall b 16 Aug 1881 Letcher Co KY d 11 Sept 1931; s/o Robert Hall and Clarinda Hall. Thomas "Tom" Hall m. 27 Aug 1904 Pike Co KY Nancy Bell Johnson b 3 Sept 1882 Pike Co KY d 14 Jul 1918 Pike Co KY of tuberculosis; d/o Silas Sy Johnson and Lorenda Burke. Children of Thomas "Tom" Hall and Nancy Bell Johnson;
Thomas Hall and Nancy Johnson
L-R: Lloyd, Noah, Belvy, Ada and Brasky Hall, Children of Thomas Hall and Nancy Johnson - All Photos from Hazel Potter Thompson
1. Braskie Hall b 6 Nov 1905 Pike Co KY d 19 Aug 1936, Letcher Co KY; buried Ruben Potter Cemetery Pottertown, Letcher Co KY; m. 15 Mar 1921 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY to Clabe Potter b 29 Jan 1901 Jackhorn KY d 4 Aug 1967 Jenkins Hospital; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; s/o Reuben Potter 1865 and Arminda Hall. Clabe Potter was a farmer and a coal miner. He was a member of the Church of Christ at Hemphill (aka Jackhorn), KY.
2. Ada Hall b 4 Oct 1908 Pike Co KY d 7 Mar 2001 Mount Vernon KY; m. 30 Aug 1924 Speight KY to Talmage Johnson b 12 Apr 1890 Pike Co KY d 2 Feb 1985 Berea KY; buried Johnson Family Cemetery, Berea KY; s/o Jeptha Johnson and Nancy Burke. Talmage Johnson was a Veteran of WWI.
3. Belvia Hall b 12 May 1910 Long Fork Pike Co KY d 8 May 1979 Ashland, Boyd Co KY; m. 1929 to Orville Orvin Tarley Johnson b 29 May 1909 Painter Harve, Floyd Co KY d 26 Jul 1952 Pike Co KY; s/o James Jefferson Jeff Johnson and Margaret Jane Marge Johnson.
4. Noah Hall b 3 Nov 1911 Etty Pike Co KY d 11 Nov 2003 Fort Pierce FL; buried White City Cemetery, Fort Pierce FL; m. 15 Jun 1935 to Bethany Wyatt b 9 Jun 1918 Letcher Co KY d 18 Apr 2007; buried White City Cemetery, Fort Pierce, St. Lucie Co FL; d/o William Wyatt and Goldie Neal. (or d/o Unknown White and Mary Bentley). Noah was a Church of Christ preacher, a member of UMWA.
5. Lloyd Hall b 9 Jan 1915 Pike Co KY d 13 Apr 2006 Virgie KY; buried Lloyd Hall Cemetery, Etty KY; m. 5 Nov 1932 to Clara Mae Johnson b 1916 d 22 Jun 1975; buried Lloyd Hall Cemetery, Etty KY; d/o Benjamin Johnson and Levita Tackett.
Thomas "Tom" Hall
and Millie "Hun" Johnson
Thomas Hall b 16 Aug 1881 Letcher Co KY d 11 Sept 1931; s/o Robert Hall and Clarinda Hall. Thomas hall m. 7 Sept 1918 in the home of Bud Johnson; witnessed by Robert Burke and Winfield Johnson; m. by Allen Hall to (2) Millie "Hun" Johnson; d/o James Jefferson "Bud" Johnson and Mary Burke. Children of Thomas "Tom" Hall and Millie "Hun" Johnson;
Millie Hun Johnson and Thomas Hall
Thomas Hall Holding Robert Bob Hall
1. Robert Bob Hall b 13 Oct 1918 Pike Co KY d 30 Mar 1989 (book source says d Lincoln Park Michigan) Whitesburg ARH Letcher Co KY; buried Garfield Johnson Cemetery Long Fork, Virgie, Pike Co KY; m. Draxie Johnson (aka Draksy); d/o Pleasant Johnson and Lillie Johnson.
2. Sid Hall b 19 Dec 1921 Speight, Pike Co KY d 15 Aug 1985 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; buried Blankenship Cemetery, Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; m. 13 May 1943 Gulfport, Harrison Co MS to Eva Mae Blankenship b 19 Nov 1926 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY d 24 Jun 2002 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; d/o Willie Green Blankenship and Manilla Tackett.
3. Essie Hall (twin of Estill) b 26 Oct 1923 d 22 May 1989; buried 25 May 1989 Fleming Cemetery, Clintwood VA; m. to (1) Bill Vanover. Essie Hall m. to (2) Fred Hayes. Children of Fred Hayes and Essie Hall;
i. Barbara Hayes died from kidney disease.
ii. Zella Hayes
iii. Freda Hayes
4. Estill Hall (twin of Essie) b 26 Oct 1923 Pike Co KY d 10 Sept 1931 Pike Co KY.
Thomas "Tom" Hall
and Elvira Burke
Thomas Hall b 16 Aug 1881 Letcher Co KY d 11 Sept 1931; s/o Robert Hall and Clarinda Hall. Thomas Hall m. 15 Oct 1925 Speight Pike Co KY; witnessed by McKinley Burke and Milton Burke to (3) Elvira Burke b 1910 d abt 1949; d/o William Burke and Victoria Johnson. Children of Thomas "Tom" Hall and Elvira Burke;
1. Gladys Hall (aka Gladyes) b 1926
2. Lacey Hall (m) b 12 Sept 1927 d 22 Jan 1971; m. Cecille White (f) b Mar 1926. (Lacey Hall and his wife are said to have taken his sisters, Gladys and Edna out of the orphanage and raised them after his military service).
and Uriah Bates
Elvira Burke b 1910 d abt 1949; d/o William Burke and Victoria Johnson. Elvia Burke m. Uriah Bates. Child of Uriah Bates and Elvira Burke;
1. Edna Mae Bates b 2 Mar 1944 d 11 Feb 2020; age 75; buried Johnson Cemetery, Colson, KY; m. Hennie Meade. (placed in orphanage after Elvira's death in abt 1949. Listed on her birth certificate as d/o Uriah Bates).
Thanks to Hazel Potter Thompson for information and Photos on this family.
Also thanks to Dee Spencer 17 Feb 2020 10:23 P.M. Facebook who wrote the following:
Thru the years I have been doing research of my daddy's side of the family and my Momma's side. I found your facebook Page awhile ago while I was researching my Grandmother, Elvira Burke, My mother, Edna Bates Meade, recently passed away on Feb. 11th 2020. Elvira was my mother's mother. Elvira passed away when my mother was 5 yrs. Old. My Mother and her older sister who is Gladys (14 yrs old) was laying in bed with Elvira when she passed away and their older brother Lacey Hall was in the military at the time and Mom and Gladys was put into an orphanage. Lacey Hall and his wife Ceicil Hall took my mother and Gladys out of the orphanage when my mom was 5 and gladys was 14 and raised them. I would really like to talk to the admin of this page and give you some info and get some info from you.
Obituary: Edna Mae Meade
2 Mar 1944 - 11 Feb 2020
Edna Mae Meade, 75 of Somerset, passed away Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at the University of Kentucky Medical Center.
Edna was the daughter of the late Elvora Burke and the Late Uriah Bates.
She was the widow of Hennie Meade who served our Country during WWII.
Edna was a Sweet Soul. Many people thought of her as an Angel here on Earth. Edna worked at Wendy's Restaurant in Somerset, Ky for 14 years. She was very caring and a Protector of many people. She loved Planting Flowers, Crocheting, Helping others when she could.
Edna Mae Meade
Surviving is 1 son: David (Vonda) Meade of Bronston; 2 daughters: Delorse "Dee" (Cliffton) Spencer, Belinda (Tracy) Toney of Somerset; 6 grandchildren: Tiffany and Derek, Kevin and Christopher Ping, Brittany and Josh, 10 great grandchildren along with a host of other relatives and friends to mourn her passing.
Edna was preceded in death by husband Hennie Meade, 1 Brother: Lacey Hall; 1 Sister-in-Law: Cecil Hall; 1 sister: Gladys Johnson; 1 Brother-n-Law Ferral Johnson. Funeral: 1:00 O'clock P.M. Friday, February 14, 2020 at the Letcher Funeral Home Chapel with Robert Johnson officiating. Visitation: 11:00 A.M. Friday at the Letcher Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in the Johnson Cemetery at Colson, Kentucky. There will be a Celebration of Life Memorial in Somerset, Ky next week at Southern Oaks Funeral Home.
1930 Pike Co KY Census District 2 ED 9
213 218 Hall Thomas Head M W 48 M 21 KY KY KY Farmer
213 218 Hall Elvira Wife F W 21 M 18 KY KY KY
213 218 Hall Noah Son M W 18 S KY KY KY
213 218 Hall Loyd Son M W 16 S KY KY KY
213 218 Hall Belva Daughter F W 15 S KY KY KY
213 218 Hall Robert Son M W 10 S KY KY KY
213 218 Hall Sid Son M W 7 S KY KY KY
213 218 Hall Estell Son M W 5 S KY KY KY
213 218 Hall Essa Daughter F W 5 S KY KY KY
213 218 Hall Lacie Daughter F W 1 6/12 S KY KY KY
214 219 Johnson Talmage Head M W 40 M 34 KY KY KY Laborer Coal Mine
214 219 Johnson Ada Wife F W 21 M 15 KY KY KY
214 219 Johnson Sada Daughter F W 4 8/12 S KY KY KY
214 219 Johnson Clay Son M W 2 11/12 S KY KY KY
215 220 Potter Clabe Head R M W 30 M 22 KY KY KY Laborer Coal mines
215 220 Potter Bratie Wife F W 24 M 16 KY KY KY
215 220 Potter Victor Son M W 7 S KY KY KY
215 220 Potter Perry Son M W 5 S KY KY KY
215 220 Potter Opal Daughter F W 4 S KY KY KY
215 220 Potter Billie Daughter F W 1 1/12 S KY KY KY