Joseph Holcomb and
Letisha Eliza Day
Joseph Holcomb b 13 Feb 1832 Perry Co KY d 9 Mar 1920 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; buried Sandlick Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; s/o Henderson Holcomb and Sarah Sally Cornett. Joseph Holcomb m. 6 Jan 1853 Letcher Co KY to Letisha Eliza Day b 10 May 1836 d 30 Apr 1914 Letcher Co KY; d/o John Nathan Day and Letitia Blair. Children of Joseph Holcomb and Letisha Eliza Day;
1. Samuel Sam Holcomb b 29 Apr 1864 d 10 Jan 1900 Letcher Co KY; buried: Smoot Creek Van, Letcher Co KY; m. abt 1887 to Dicy Collins b Jun 1864 KY; d/o Finley Collins and Nancy Jane McKinsey Gibson.
2. Henry Holcomb b Mar 1860 Letcher Co KY
3. Rebecca Holcomb b 11 Jan 1855 Letcher Co KY
4. Sarah F Holcomb b 2 Mar 1857 KY d 25 Dec 1943 Letcher Co KY; m. 4 Jul 1873 Letcher Co KY to Robert Bryant Bentley b 20 Nov 1849 NC d 21 Dec 1921; buried Sandlick Cem., Sandlick, Letcher Co KY; s/o James Martin Bentley and Tabitha Baker.
5. Stephen Holcomb b 12 Nov 1858
6. Samuel Holcomb b 16 Mar 1862 Linefork, Letcher Co KY
7. Henry Grant Holcomb b 9 May 1866 Letcher Co KY
8. Ritter Holcomb b about 1871
9. Susan Holcomb b 12 Aug 1874
10. Robert B Holcomb b 12 May 1878 Letcher Co KY d 12 Feb 1943 of suicide by gunshot; after a Louisville Kentucky Dr. told him he would not be well again of diabetes and other complications; buried Sandlick Cemetery, Sandlick, KY; m. Darthula Unknown. Children of Robert B Holcomb and Darthula Unknown; i. Vera Holcomb b abt 1905 KY; m. Male Cassel ii. Grant Holcomb b abt 1907 KY iii. Dishman Dee Holcomb b abt 1910 KY iv. Joe Holcomb v. Verna Holcomb vi. Ivon Holcomb vii. Chiely Holcomb viii. Kinol Holcomb.
Article in the Mt. Eagle, Whitesburg, Kentucky, Feb. 18, 1943: Robert Holcomb. The funeral services of Robert Holcomb were conducted at his residence on Monday, by Rev. L. O. Griffith of the Baptist Church. Robert Holcomb was born May 12, 1878. He took his own life early Friday morning by shooting himself. He was in very bad health and had been a sufferer from diabetes and other complications. He had been told recently by a Louisville specialist that he could not live very long and would not be well again. He is survived by his wife, and eight children, Mrs. Vera Cassel, Grant, Dee, Joe, Verna, Ivon, Chiely and Kinol Holcomb. Johnson Funeral Home had charge and burial took place in Sandlick Cemetery, Sandlick, Letcher Co KY.