Albert Pendleton Johnson
and Susan Sanders
Albert Pendleton Johnson b 12 May 1868 (or 5 Dec) Marshall's Branch, Pike Co KY d 12 Jul 1964 Marshall's Branch, Pike Co KY; s/o William "Will" Johnson and Tempa Sue "Tempy" Vanover. Albert Pendleton Johnson m. 16 Nov 1893 to Susan Sanders b 14 Sept 1870 Pike Co KY d 16 Nov 1946 Marshall's Branch, Pike Co KY; buried Johnson Cemetery, Marshall's Branch, Shelby Gap, Pike Co KY; d/o Wade Hillard Sanders and Hannah Hanner Potter. Children of Albert Pendleton Johnson and Susan Sanders;
1. Emit Hassell Johnson b 28 Sept 1894 Shelby Gap, Pike Co KY d 30 Jun 1969; m. 1923 Pike Co KY to Bessie Johnson b 25 Dec 1903 Pike Co KY d Jan 2004 Pike Co KY; d/o William Johnson and Hannah Loretta Matilda Cable.
2. Tallahassee Johnson; m. William Profitt.
3. Edwin Earnest Johnson; m. 23 Apr 1932 to Luemmie Rose; d/o Henderson Rose and Arminda Childers.
4. Hattie Roxie Ellen Johnson; m. Unknown Beverly
5. William Hursel Johnson b 23 Apr 1899 d 21 Nov 1981 Fairborn, Green Co OH; m. 25 Jun 1925 to Learlie Rose b 5 Dec 1906 d 20 Sept 1998 Daytona Beach, FL; d/o Henderson Rose and Arminda Childers. Children of William Hursel Johnson and Learlie Rose;
i. Glen Edward Johnson
ii. Jacqueline Johnson.
Obituary: Viola Johnson Williams
18 Jan 1931 - 23 Jan 2018
Viola Williams, age 87, of Jenkins, Kentucky passed from this lifeon Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at the Letcher Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Whitesburg, Kentucky. She was born on January 18, 1931 at Marshall’s Branch, Kentucky to the late EmitHassel Johnson and Bessie Johnson. Viola taught school at Marshall’s Branch and worked as a nurse-aid at Jenkins Hospital. Mrs. Williams worked two years in coal mining. Sheattended the Peak’s Branch Missionary Alliance Church and the Whitesburg First Baptist Church.
She was also preceded in death by her husband: Arnold Edward Williams; one infant son: Arnold E. Williams, Jr.; three brothers:Homer Johnson, Guy Johnson and Arlie B. Johnson; two sisters: Glaidus Hyatt and Lucille Bentley.
Mrs. Williams is survived by one daughter: Rita (Kenneth) Broome of Whitesburg, Kentucky; three sons: Melvin Douglas(Della) Williams of Banner, Kentucky, Daniel Ray (Deborah) Williams of Robinson Creek, Kentucky and Edward Dale (Carla) Williams of Paintsville, Kentucky; six grandchildren; eight greatgrandchildren: along with a host of other family and many friends to mourn her passing.
Visitation for Mrs. Williams will be held at the Polly & Craft Funeral Home of Jenkins, Kentucky on Thursday,January 25, 2018, with family viewing at 5:00 PM. The family will then receive friends and guests from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Funeral services for Mrs. Williams will be conducted from the Jenkins Chapel at 11:00 AM on Friday, January 26, 2018; with PastorTony Brown officiating.
Burial will take place at the Green Acres Cemetery located at Ermine, Kentucky.
Carty/ Polly & Craft Funeral Home of Jenkins is in care of funeral arrangements.