Jefferson Hall Johnson
and Abigail Johnson
Jefferson Hall Johnson Jefferson Hall Johnson b 7 Dec 1849 Floyd Co KY d 20 Jan 1924 Greenup Co KY; buried Dry Fork, Greenup Co KY; s/o King David Johnson and raised by Anna Mary Martin (biological mother - Priscilla "Prit" Hall b about 1816). Jefferson Hall Johnson m. about 1869 Floyd Co KY to Abigail Johnson b 12 Dec 1842 Pike Co KY d 9 Sep 1917; buried on Abe fork, along with Warfield and some other children of hers, in back of her son, Columbus Johnson's old Home place, Spicewood branch, Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY. Abigail Johnson was d/o Bailey Johnson and Rebecca Johnson.
More about Jefferson Hall Johnson (Source);
Received word from Rob Martindale e-mail vilmar_vampyr@@hotmail.com Rob says Jefferson Hall Johnson was the son of David Johnson and Priscilla "Prit" Hall. David had 2 wives and an affair with Priscilla "Prit" Hall, but was never married to her, and that he has Jefferson's death certificate which states he lived with his 2nd family and was buried at Dry Fork, in Greenup County, KY
James Hall, email JJgh524@@aol.com writes that Jefferson Johnson, the father of Warfield and Columbus, is buried in an unmarked grave in the head of Weeksbury's longer fork, or the right fork. (Source). Children of Jefferson Hall Johnson and Abigail
1. Bailey "Bud" Johnson b Jan 1870 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY d 11 Jul 1933 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; buried Tackett Family Cemetery, Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY.
2. David Columbus Johnson b 7 Mar 1873 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY d 15 Sept 1947 Longfork Pike Co KY; m. Susannah Elizabeth Johnson b 9 Oct 1883 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY d 5 May 1970 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; d/o Daniel R Johnson and Sarah Johnson. David Columbus Johnson m. 2nd to Rosabell Burke b 20 Aug 1888 Pike Co KY d 11 Nov 1984 Pike Co KY; d/o William Burke and Victoria "Tory" Johnson.
3. William Jefferson Johnson b about 1873 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; m. Sept 1892 Pike Co KY to Ruby Riddle; d/o Fred Riddle and Margaret Johnson.
4. Warfield Johnson b 18 Sept 1874 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY d 19 Sept 1967 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY buried Abe Fork Spicewood Branch, Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY, m. about 1894 to Mary Caudill b about 1860 d/o William Caudill and Nancy Martin. Mary Caudill m.
Thomas "Bab" Waddles.
5. Abigail Johnson b 24 Sept 1875 Rail, Floyd Co. KY d 16 Sept 1933 in Weeksbury, Floyd Co. KY, m. 10 Mar 1894 Floyd Co KY to Alvin Duvall Tackett (aka Douval) b 14 Aug 1878 Weeksbury Floyd Co KY d 20 Mar 1927, s/o George Tackett and Rebecca Tackett. Alvin Douval Tackett was shot and killed while serving as Chief of Police in Kentucky.
6. Garfield Johnson b 11 Nov 1878 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY d 3 Apr 1989 Portsmouth, Scioto Co OH, buried 8 Apr 1989 Johnson Cemetery, Pine Creek Farm, Scioto Co OH; m. 28 May 1898 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY to Talitha Cumi Tackett b 9 Feb 1883 Floyd Co KY d 27 Dec 1960 Scioto Co OH; buried 30 Dec 1960 South Webster Cemetery, Scioto Co OH; d/o Jasper Tackett and Sarah Johnson.
7. Martha Johnson b 1880 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY
Jefferson Hall Johnson
and Mary L Johnson
Jefferson Hall Johnson b 7 Dec 1849 Floyd Co KY d 20 Jan 1924 Greenup Co KY, buried Dry Fork, Greenup Co KY; s/o
King David Johnson and raised by Anna Mary Martin (biological mother - Priscilla "Prit" Hall b about 1816). Jefferson Hall Johnson m. about 1900 Greenup Co KY to 2nd Mary L Johnson b 1886. Children of Jefferson Hall Johnson and Mary L Johnson;
1. Sarah C Johnson b 1901 Greenup Co KY
2. Carrie Erwin Johnson b 1903 Greenup Co KY
3. Eliza B Johnson b 1906 Greenup Co KY d before 1920 Greenup Co KY.
4. Annie Johnson b 1910 Greenup Co KY.
5. George F Johnson b 6 Aug 1913 Greenup Co KY.
6. Celia Johnson b 26 Mar 1916 Greenup Co KY d before 1920 Greenup Co KY.
7. Eva Johnson b 19 Mar 1918 Greenup Co KY
8. Edward Johnson b 19 Nov 1919 Greenup Co KY
9. Berlin Johnson b 23 Nov 1920 Greenup Co KY d 9 Jul 1999 Englewood Montgomery Co OH