Lorenzo Dow Johnson b 26 Jun 1880 Pike Co KY d 10 Mar 1967 Jenkins Hospital, Jenkins, Letcher Co KY; buried Pleasant Johnson Cemetery, Virgie, Pike Co KY; s/o Solomon Johnson and Mahal Haley Branham. Lorenzo Dow Johnson m. Anna Johnson b 1881; d/o Jeptha Johnson and Nancy Burke. Children of Lorenzo Dow Johnson and Anna Johnson;
1. Joe Morgan Johnson b 16 Apr 1901 d 18 Feb 1982; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Hemphill, Letcher Co KY; m. Sarah Elsie Johnson b 15 Jul 1904 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY d 24 Oct 1999 Edgewood Manor Nursing Home, Wellston, Jackson Co OH; buried Ray Cemetery, Byer OH; d/o David Columbus Johnson and Susannah Elizabeth Johnson. Joe Morgan Johnson m. 1941 to Virgie Potter b ? d 2 Jul 1972
2. Darvan Johnson b 21 Nov 1903 d as infant.
3. Kennis Johnson b 23 Oct 1905 Pike Co KY d 14 Oct 1991 Whitesburg ARH, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY age 85; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Jackhorn, KY; m. 8 Nov 1928 Church of Christ, Hartley Pike Co KY to Caldonia Johnson b 5 Feb 1901 d 18 Jan 1988 Kingsport Sullivan Co TN; d/o Lorenzo D Johnson and Elizabeth Collier.
4. Oliver King Johnson b 5 Jul 1908 Pike Co KY d 9 Feb 1980 Whitesburg, ARH Wise VA; buried Pleasant Graveyard, Longfork, KY; m. (1) to Bessie Tackett m. 2nd to Edith Tackett b 8 Aug 1917 d 26 Dec 1991; d/o Leonard Tackett and Mary Unknown. Oliver King Johnson m. (3) Magoline Potter; Oliver King Johnson m. (4) to Eva Mae Potter. Children of Oliver King Johnson and Eva Mae Potter;
i. Emma Dall Johnson
ii. Charles E Johnson
iii. Ermon Johnson
5. Sherman Johnson b 7 Jul 1910 d as infant.
6. Millis Johnson b 11 Jul 1911 d 7 May 1951; age 39; m. Dossie Johnson.
7. Alma Johnson 5 Sept 1914; m. Noah Johnson b 14 Mar 1911 d 4 Feb 1985 age 73; buried New Hope Cemetery, Peru IN; s/o Sunny Johnson and Lucy Angeli Johnson.
8. Dessie Johnson b 1 Aug 1916 d 14 Feb 1997 River Rouge Michigan, m. Hassell Hampton b 15 Jun 1910 s/o Pleasant Hampton and Laura Tackett. Children of Dessie Johnson and Hassell Hampton;
i Lee Hampton
ii Pauline Hampton
iii. Ruby Hampton
iv. Robert Lee Hampton
v. Ola Mae Hampton
9. Susie Johnson b 4 Sept 1918 Pike Co KY d 31 Oct 2000; buried Pleasant Johnson Cemetery, Long Fork, Virgie, KY; m. Harry Smith. Children of Harry Smith and Susie Johnson;
i. John B Osborne
ii. Eleanor Smith
iii. Franklin D Smith
10. Hessie Johnson (female) b 18 Jan 1922; m. to (1) Taylor Watson. Hessie Johnson m. (2) Male Damron
Obituary Susie Johnson Smith
Susie Smith, 82, of East Point, - died Tuesday, October 31, 2000, at her residence. Born on September 4, 1918, in Pike County, she was the daughter of the late L. D. and Annie (Burke)
Johnson. She was a member of the Church of Christ. She was preceded in death by her husband, Harry Smith. Survivors include one son, John B. Osborne of California; and one sister, Alma Johnson of Peru, Indiana. Funeral services will be conducted Friday, November 3, at 11 a.m., at the Nelson-Frazier Funeral Home, Martin, with Evangelist Bennie Blankenship and Chris F1eming officiating. Burial will be in the Pleasant Johnson Cemetery, at Virgie, under the direction of Nelson-Frazier Funeral Home. In Memory of SUSIE SMITH, Widow of HARRY SMITH. Date Of Birth SEPTEMBER 4, 1918 - Date Of Death OCTOBER 31, 2000. Time And Place Of Services: Friday, November 3, 2000 at 11 A.M. Nelson Frazier Funeral Home, Martin, Kentucky. Clergymen: Evangelist Bennie Blankenship and Chris Fleming. Burial followed in the Pleasant Johnson Cemetery, Long Fork, Virgie, KY. Survivors: Son: John B. Osborne; Sister: Alam Johnson; Nephew: Cleo and Ruby Slone Johnson. Deceased Brothers: Morge Johnson; Kennis Johnson; Oliver Johnson; and Millis Johnson. Deceased Sisters: Dessie Hampton and Hessie Watson. Deceased Children: Eleanor Smith and Franklin D. Smith. Arrangements by Nelson Frazier Funeral Home.
Obituary of Lorenzo Dow Johnson
L.D. Johnson, son of Haley Branham and Sol Johnson was born June 26, 1880, passed from this life at the Jenkins Clinic March 10, 1967, being 86 yrs. 9 mos. and 14 days of age at death.
He was married to Annie Johnson May, 18, 1900. She preceded him in death Sept. 6, 1957. To this union were born 10 children, 6 boys, 4 girls. 3 sons preceded him in death, they were Duran, Sherman and Willie. Surviving are Morgan of Fleming, Oliver, Marion, Ohio, Kennis of Jackhorn, Kentucky and Alma of Huntington, Ind. Dessie Hampton of River Rouge, Mich., Sue Smith, Livonia, Mich. and Hessie Watson, North Manchester, Ind., 3 sisters, Lottie Johnson, Speight, Ky., Louise Burke, Weeksbury, Ky, SusieTackett, Virgie, Ky. and 1 brother, Jay of Virgie, 24 grandchildren, 52 greatgrandchildren and 3 great-great grand children.
Funeral Services for L. D. JOHNSON were held at his residence at Jackhorn, Ky. Monday, March 13, 1967 at 10 a.m. Ministers: Hassell Johnson and Marvin Meade. Burial followed in the Pleasant Johnson Cemetery on Long Fork, Pike County, Ky. Banks and Craft Funeral Home of Neon, Kentucky in charge of the arrangements.
Obituary of Joe Morgan Johnson
Birth: Apr. 16, 1901. Death: Feb. 18, 1982.
JOE MORGAN JOHNSON, son of the late L. D. Johnson and Anna Johnson, was born in Pike County, Kentucky; April 16, 1901. He passed from this life at the Wise Hospital, after a. short illness, February 18, 1982, making his stay here on earth 80 years, 10 months and 2 days.
Morgan was a member of the church for over twenty years. Morgan was married to Virgie Potter at Whitesburg, Kentucky; in 1941. She preceded him in death July 2, 1972. Also preceding him are: brothers Oliver, Millis, Sherman and, Duron. Step sons: Sylvan and Dottie Hall.
He is survived by sisters: Susie Smith of Livionia, Michigan; Dessie Hampton and Hessie Watson both of River Rouge, Mich; Alma Johnson of Gallipolis, Ohio; brother Kennis Johnson of Jackhorn, Kentucky; Step-children: Sarah and Icie Potter of Berea, Kentucky; Mary Collier of Jackhorn, Kentucky; Frankie Collins of Neon, Kentucky; Loretta Meade of Jackhorn, Kentucky; A. P. Hall of Jackhorn, Kentucky; Ben Hall also of Jackhorn. He is also survived by a host of other relatives and friends to mourn his passing.
Funeral services for Joe Morgan Johnson were conducted at the Banks Funeral Home Chapel, Fleming-Neon, KY on Saturday, February 20, 1982 at 11:00 a.m. Pallbearers: Relative and friends. Ministers: Darwin Mullins, Wendell Austin, Herb Stallard, and Floyd Sexton. Burial followed in the Hemphill Cemetery, Hemphill, KY. Banks Funeral Home of Fleming-Neon, KY in charge of the arrangements