Ephriam Noah Kiser
and Mary Polly Sutherland
Ephraim Noah Kiser b 1790 Russell Co VA d 11 Oct 1885 Russell Co VA; buried Mill Creek, Russell Co VA; s/o Joseph Kenton Kiser and Susannah Stacy. Ephriam Noah Kiser m. 31 Aug 1815 Carbo, Russell Co VA to Mary Polly Sutherland b 1799 Botetourt Co VA d 21 Mar 1858. Children of Ephriam Noah Kiser and Mary Polly Sutherland;
1. Abednego Kiser b 1818 Russell Co VA d 1889 Jackson Co WV; buried A B Kiser Cem., Kentuck, Jackson Co WV; m. abt 1833 To Rebecca Counts b 1818 Russell Co VA d 1 May 1892 Jackson Co WV; buried A B Kiser Cem., Kentucky, Jackson Co WV.
2. John Kiser b 1820 Russell Co VA d Oct 1886 Russell Co VA; m. Sylvia Burchett b 1828 d 25 Jan 1921.
3. Henry Kiser b 22 Jun 1822 Russell Co VA d 16 Nov 1908; m. Mary Kiser b 1826 Russell Co VA; d/o Joseph Kenton Kiser and Mary Childers.
4. Nimrod Kiser b 16 May 1823 Russell Co VA d 31 May 1905; m. Martha Mattie Childers b 23 Jan 1826 Carbo, Russell Co VA d 1906; d/o Abraham Childers and Frances Kiser.
5. Abraham Kiser b 1824 Russell Co VA
6. James Marshall Kiser b 1826 Russell Co VA d 1 Feb 1903; buried Sandy Ridge, Dickenson Co VA; m. abt 1847 Elizabeth Burchett b 1830 Russell Co VA.
7. Ephriam Kiser b 1828 Russell Co VA d 5 Jul 1907
8. Elijah Kiser b Jan 1830 Russell Co VA d 30 Jan 1852 of fever. Never married.
9. Joseph Augustus Kiser b 1 Apr 1832 Russell Co VA d 3 Sept 1897; buried Kiser Cem., Kiser Mt. (Big A Mt); m. 31 May 1854 to Margaret Kiser b 3 Aug 1837 Russell Co VA d 9 Oct 1919; d/o Noah Kiser and Boadica Thompson.
10. Rachel Kiser b 30 Jun 1834 Russell Co VA d 7 Oct 1936 age 102 years;; m. 1 Jun 1854 Russell Co VA (by Andrew A Kiser, minister) to Noah Kiser b abt 1829 Russell Co VA d 1884 age 56; s/o Joseph Kenton Kiser and Mary Polly Childers.
11. Elihu L. Kiser b 1836 Russell Co VA
12. Jeptha Kiser b 1838 Russell Co VA
13. Daniel Sutherland Kiser b 1840 Russell Co VA
14. Noah Kiser b 5 Sep 1842 Russell Co VA
Notes on Ephriam Noah Kiser and Mary Polly Sutherland
Ephriam Noah Kiser and Mary Polly Sutherland lived on a farm near Carbo, Virginia, in the Clinch River area. Ephriam bought land on the Clinch River, up Dumps Creek and onto Sandy Ridge (so named because of its sandy soil and seemingly inexhaustible amount of sandstone rock). About two years after their marriage their first child was born. They had twelve sons and one daughter. On October 16, 1813 Ephriam enlisted in Lt. Andrew Caldwell's Company of Virginia Militia and was sent to Norfolk. There he was transferred to Captain John Dillard's Company and served in the Artillery on Craneys Island. He was Honorably discharged on March 13, 1814.
Both belonged to the Baptist Church.
She died of heart dropsy.They are both buried on a cliff on the south bank of the Clinch River just above Carbo. Some others buried there were: Uncle Nimrod Kiser, Warren Kiser, and Ephriam & Mary's sons Ephriam and Elijah. No tombstones have ever been erected there. Pioneer Recollections: page 199. Ephriam was the fifth son born. He had the light coloring of his German ancestry and was not quite 6 feet tall. Source: David V Hughey: firstname.lastname@example.org
1850 Russell Co VA Census
17 51 51 Kizer Ephraim 60 M Farmer 500 Russell Co. VA
18 51 51 Kizer Polly 48 F Botetourt Co. VA
19 51 51 Kizer Elijah 19 M Laborer Russell Co. VA
20 51 51 Kizer Joseph 17 M Laborer Russell Co. VA
21 51 51 Kizer Rachael 14 F Russell Co. VA
22 51 51 Kizer Elihu 12 M Russell Co. VA
23 51 51 Kizer Jiptha 10 M Russell Co. VA
24 51 51 Kizer Daniel S. 8 M Russell Co. VA
25 51 51 Kizer Noah 6 M Russell Co. VA