and Alice Johnson
Nelson Mullins b 1 Apr 1873 Pike Co KY d 19 Dec 1975 Pike Co KY; age 102 years, 7 months, 17 days; buried Mullins Family Cemetery, Virgie, Pike Co KY; s/o Nelson Mullins and Matila Elswick. Nelson Mullins m. 31 Oct 1897 Pike Co KY to Alice Johnson b abt 1877 KY d 17 Mar 1961 Pike Co KY; d/o Tandy Johnson and Matilda Wright. Children of Nelson Mullins and Alice Johnson;
1. Edward A Mullins b 21 Aug 1899 d 30 Nov 1974; buried Mullins Family Cemetery, Virgie, Pike Co KY; m. Margaret Mullins b 25 Feb 1895 d 19 Jan 1986; buried Mullins Family Cemetery, Virgie, Pike Co KY
2. Curtis Mullins b 21 Aug 1904 d 1996 Pike Co KY; buried Calhoun Cemetery, Pike Co KY; m. Fronia Bentley b 26 Jun 1911 Pike Co KY d 1985 Pikeville, Pike Co KY; buried Johnson Memorial Cemetery, Pikeville, Pike Co KY; d/o Kay Bentley and Dollie Elizabeth Bentley.
3. Perry Mack Mullins b 26 Jun 1912 d 4 Jan 1965; buried Amil Little Cemetery, Pike Co KY; m. Ethel Tackett b 31 May 1915 Pike Co KY d 29 Jul 1984 Pike Co KY; buried Amil Little Cemetery, Pike Co KY; d/o Sylvanus Tackett and Rhodina Caudill.
4. Tom Mullins b 5 Jun 1915 d 12 Dec 2002; buried Mullins Family Cemetery, Virgie, Pike Co KY; m. Jewell Mullins b 8 Aug 1922 d 13 Dec 1994; buried Mullins Family Cemetery, Virgi, Pike Co KY
5. Homer Mullins b 1918 d 1918; buried Mullins Family Cemetery, Virgie Pike Co KY
6. Hellen Mullins b 1918 d 1918; buried Mullins Family Cemetery, Virgie, Pike Co KY
Obituary: Nelson Mullins
1 Apr 1873 - 19 Dec 1975
By the help of God I'll try to write an obituary of my father-in-law, Nelson Mullins. He was the son of Nelson and Matilda Elswick Mullins. He was born April 1, 1873 and died December 17, 1975, making his stay on earth 102 years, 7 months, and 17 days.
Nelson Mullins Jr.
Nelson was married to Mary Alice Johnson in the year of 1897. To them were born 9 children. Six preceded him in death. The three still living are: Pearl Silverman, Tom and Curtis Mullins, also 29 grandchildren, several great-greandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren.
Nelson joined the church in July and was baptized August 23, 1969 by Elders Perry and Monroe Jones. He wasn't able to attend church very often after being baptized. He was always interested in the church, and wanted to know how it was getting along. He would ask if we had a good meeting, and then he would say, "You don't know how good I would loved to have been there."
To his three children, if you want to go where I believe Dad is, fall out with sin, repent and live for Jesus. I believe Jesus came and took him to Heaven that night of December 17th. The smile on his face just before he passed away made me believe he fell in the arms of Jesus.
I believe he's just resting and waiting for Good's children to come home on that eternal day.
Written by his daughter-in-law, Ethel Mullins