Albert Milton Potter
and Virgie Sowards
Albert Potter b 1 Jan 1886; s/o Cassie Potter Vanover and Unknown. Albert Potter m. 29 Dec 1906 to Virgie Sowards b 31 Aug 1887; d/o George Sowards and Diana Mullins. Children of Albert Milton Potter and Virgie Sowards;
1. Charlie Victor Potter b 16 Nov 1907 Pikeville, Pike Co KY d 10 Mar 1999 Pike Co KY; m. abt 1929 Pike Co KY Delphia Rogers b abt 1909 d 2000.
2. Georgia Potter b 31 Aug 1909 Pikeville, Pike Co KY d 1 Nov 2004; m. 21 Sept 1935 Pikeville, Pike Co KY to Claude Marvin Belcher b 12 Jan 1915 Pike Co KY d 8 Oct 1977 Pike Co KY; age 62 years; buried Johnson Memorial Cemetery, Pikeville, Pike Co KY; s/o George Washington Belcher and Sarah Horne. Georgia Potter Belcher was a school teacher at Dorton KY.
3. Ballard Potter b 25 May 1911 Pike Co KY d 27 Jun 2004 Dorton, Pike Co KY; m. 1939 to Virgie Marie Belcher b 16 Aug 1913 Dorton, Pike Co KY d 14 May 1986 Lexington, Fayette Co KY; d/o William Lee Belcher and Tabitha McPeek. Virgie Marie Belcher m. John C Wright b 12 Feb 1913 Pike Co KY d 2 Aug 1977 Pikeville, Pike Co KY; s/o Samuel Preston Wright and Mahala Branham. Ballard Potter m. June Fleming b 1920 Floyd Co KY; d/o Creed Fleming and Isabella Johnson. Ballard Potter m. Lillie Newsome.
4. Bertha Potter b 9 Mar 1913 d 1 Sept 2011 Pikeville, Pike Co KY; m. 19 May 1934 to Arland Belcher b 28 Nov 1914 d 23 Mar 1975; s/o Jasper Belcher and Anne Bell Bentley. Children of Arland Belcher and Bertha Potter; i. Barbara Belcher; m. Harold Johnson ii. Johnnie Belcher b 27 Aug 1947 d 7 Sept 1966.
5. Roy Potter b 6 Mar 1915; m. Belle Mullins
6. Willie Potter b Feb 1917 (deceased); m. Myrtle Salsberry.
7. Raymond Potter b 15 Jan 1919 d 30 Aug 1919
8. Chester Delbert Potter b 31 Dec 1920 Beefhide KY d 10 Jan 2016 Prestonsburg, KY; buried Potter Cemetery, Dorton, KY; m. Lois Faye Brookover. Children of Chester Delbert Potter and Lois Faye Brookover;
i. Sherry Potter; m. Greg Shepherd
ii. Williams Dennis Potter
iii. Steve Potter b Sept 1961 Floyd Co KY d 30 Jul 2017; m. Sharon Shortridge. Children of Steve Brookover Potter and Sharon Shortridge; I. Christopher Potter II. Desirae Potter
9. Herbert Potter b 6 Feb 1931 d 15 Jan 2021; m. Grace Eileen McGuire. Children of Herbert Potter and Grace Eileen McGuire; i. Fred Potter ii. Jeffery Potter; m. Paula iii. Kevin Potter; m. Brittany iv. Kimberly Potter; m. Darrell Robinson
10. Ruby Potter b 30 Oct 1923 d 16 Jun 2016; buried Brookside Cemetery, Tecumseh, MI; m. 21 Jul 1951 to John F Vincent. Children of John F Vincent and Ruby POtter; i. Barbara Vincent; m. Pete Sweeney ii. John Vincent; m. Sharron Unknown iii. Ruth Vincent; m. JamesDombrowski iv. Frances Vincent
11. Belva Potter b 23 Jan 1926; (deceased) m. Everett W Collins b 1918 KY; s/o James Garfield Collins and Nancy Honeycutt.
12. Mable Potter b 11 Sep 1928; m. Male Miller
Obituary: Ruby Potter Vincent
30 Oct 1923 - 16 Jun 2016
Ruby P. Vincent, long-time resident of Tipton, passed away Thursday, June 16, 2016. She was born on October 30, 1923 to Albert and Virgie Potter in Dorton, Ky. On July 21, 1951, she married John F. Vincent. Ruby is survived by her children Barbara (Pete) Sweeney, John (Sharron) Vincent, Ruth (James) Dombrowski, and Frances Vincent; grandchildren Ryan (Dene’) Sweeney, Lindsay (D.J.) Collier, Erin (Wes) Rood, Matthew (Vanessa) Vincent, Lauren Vincent, and Kate Dombrowski; great-grandchildren Kade and Kolby Sweeney, Ruby Collier, Wyatt and John Henry Rood, and Gretchen Vincent; her youngest brother Herbert (Grace) Potter; and many loving nieces, nephews and friends.
Ruby Potter Vincent
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, and siblings Charlie Potter, Georgia Belcher, Bertha Belcher, Ballard Potter, Raymond Potter, Ray Potter, Bill Potter, Chester Potter, Belva Collins and Mable Miller. A memorial service will be held at noon on Friday, June 24 at Purse Funeral Home with Rev. Tom Vanderbilt and Chaplain George Stehle officiating. Interment will follow at Brookside Cemetery, Tecumseh. Friends and family will be received from 11 a.m. – noon prior to the service. Memorial contributions may be made to Great Lakes Christian Homes, 2050 South Washington Road, Holt, MI 48842 or Stoneleigh Residence, c/o Hospice of Lansing, 3186 Pine Tree Road, Lansing, MI 48911.
Obituary: Herbert Potter
6 Feb 1931 - 15 Jan 2021
Herbert Potter, age 89, of Pikeville, Kentucky passed away at Pikeville Medical Center January 15, 2021. Herbert was born at Dorton, Kentucky February 6, 1931, the son of the late Albert Milton and Virgie Sowards Potter. Mr. Potter was an army veteran during the Korean conflict, a school teacher, a social worker at the food stamp office, a member of the American Legion, and a member of the Cowpen Free Will Baptist Church being baptized in 2001. Along with his parents he was also preceded in death by; his grandson Joshua Marcum, his brothers Raymond, Ray, Chester, Bill, Ballard, and Charlie Potter, his sisters Georgia Belcher, Ruby Vincent, Belva Collins, Mable Miller, and Bertha Belcher.
Herbert Potter is survived by; his wife of 54 years, Grace Eileen McGuire Potter , his sons Fred Potter and his friend Misty Bryant of Virgie, Kentucky, Jeffery Potter and his wife Paula of Crum, West Virginia, and Kevin Potter and his wife Brittany of Pikeville, Kentucky, his daughter Kimberly Robinson and her husband Darrell of Pikeville, Kentucky, his grandchildren Brandon Potter, Tammaka (Tyler) Thacker, Tiffany Shelton, Darrell Robinson the 2nd, Faith Robinson, Logan Potter, and Jackson Potter, his great grandchildren Zoie Marcum, Hunter Workman, McKenzie Workman, Trenton Ellis, Payton Ellis, Declan Thacker, Ross Gabbard, and Carter Courtney, special friends Harold and Madge Hall and their children that loved him like their uncle and godparents, James (Dakota) Hall, Sarah (Michael) Hall, and a host of nieces, nephews, family, and friends.
The visitation will be at J. W. Call & son Funeral Home beginning at 6:00 P.M. Sunday January 17, 2021.
There will be special evening services Sunday at 7:00 P.M. with Estill Reed officiating.
The funeral service will be Monday January 18, 2021 at the funeral home, 12:00 Noon, with Estill Reed officiating.
Burial will follow at the Hall Cemetery at Gap Branch-Pikeville, Kentucky.
Obituary: Chester Delbert Potter
Born: 31 Dec 1920 - Died: 10 Jan 2016
Chester Delbert Potter, 94 years of age, passed away Jan. 10, 2015 at Riverview Health Care Center, Prestonsburg, Ky. Born December 31, 1920, at Beefhide, Ky., he was the son of the late Albert Delbert Potter and Virgie Sowards Potter. Chester was a member of the Pilgrim's Rest Old Regular Baptist Church of Beefhide, Ky., was a lifetime member of the VFW, and was a former detective with the Kentucky State Police.
In addition to his wife, Chester was also preceded in death by a grandson, Kevin Slone; four brothers: Bill Potter, Charlie Potter, Ray Potter, and Ballard Potter; and three sisters: Belva Collins, Georgia Belcher, and Bertha Belcher. Survivors include one daughter, Sherry Potter Shepherd and husband Greg of Prestonsburg; two sons, Williams Dennis Potter and wife Haroletta of Prestonsburg and Steve Potter and wife Sharon of Prestonsburg; four grandchildren: Angela Potter Goodman and husband Todd, Stacy Potter and wife Katherine, Chris Potter and Desirae Potter; four great-grandchildren: Miles Scott Goodman, Ryan Nichols Goodman, Masann Harden Potter and Clara Madison Potter; one brother, Herbert Potter; and two sisters, Ruby Vincent and Mabel Miller.
Funeral services were held 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2015 at Community United Methodist Church in Prestonsburg with Danny Belcher, Teddy Honaker and Jerry Damron officiating, with the obituary by Gary Lafferty of the KSP. Burial was in the Potter Cemetery in Dorton, Ky., with members of the KSP serving as pallbearers. Memorial contributions are requested to Trooper Island, Inc., KSP. P.O. Box 472, Albany KY 42602. The family has entrusted arrangements to the Carter Funeral Home.
Obituary: Steve Brookover Potter
Born: 10 Sept 1961 - Died: 30 Jul 2017
Steve Brookover Potter, age 55 of Prestonsburg, Ky. Was born on September 10, 1961 in Floyd County, Ky., to the son of the late Chester and Lois Faye Brookover Potter. He departed this life following an extended illness on Sunday, July 30, 2017 at the Pikeville Medical Center.
He is survived by his wife Sharon Shortridge Potter, One son and One daughter: Christopher Potter of Magoffin County, Kentucky & Desirae Potter of Prestonsburg, Kentucky, Brother: Dennis Potter of Prestonsburg, Kentucky; Sister: Sherry Shepherd of Prestonsburg, Kentucky. There is a host of Nieces and Nephews whom will mourn his passing.
He will be missed by all that knew and loved him. Time and Place of Memorial Services: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 from 6PM to 11PM on at the Nelson Frazier Funeral Home, Martin KY. Visitation: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6 to 11 PM at the funeral home
Obituary: Bertha Potter Belcher
9 Mar 1913 - 1 Sept 2011
Bertha Potter Belcher, age 98 passed away Thursday, Sept. 1st, 2011 at the Pikeville Medical Center. Bertha was born on March 9, 1913 to her parents the late Albert Potter and Virgie Sowards Potter. She was the wife of the late Arland Belcher, a nurse, and a member of the Dorton Freewill Baptist Church.
Along with her husband and parents, Bertha was preceded in death by one son, Johnny Belcher, two sisters, Georgia Belcher, Belva Collins, and five brothers, Raymond Potter, Charlie Potter, Ray Potter, Ballard Potter, and Bill Potter.
Bertha is survived by one daughter, Barbara Johnson of Shelby Gap, two brothers, Chester Potter, Herbert Potter, two sisters, Mabel Miller, Ruby Vincent, four grandchildren, Nine great grandchildren, five great great grandchildren and a host of loving family and friends.
Visitation will be Friday at 6p.m. at the Lucas & Son Funeral Home. Church services will be Friday and Saturday at 7p.m. The funeral will be Sunday, Sept. 4th, 2011 at 11 a.m. at the Lucas & Son Funeral Home with Teddy Tackett, Coy Tackett, and Clyde Bentley officiating. The burial will follow in the Belcher Cemetery at Blaze Branch.