and Minnie Collins
James Profitt b 15 Apr 1871 Love's Branch, Letcher Co KY d 4 Jan 1940 Letcher Co KY; buried Profitt Family Cemetery, Thornton, Letcher co KY; s/o William Morgan Profitt and Elizabeth Kiser. James Profitt m. 25 Feb 1898 Letcher Co KY to Minnie Collins b 5 May 1877 d 16 Jun 1943; buried Colson Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; d/o John Collins and Nancy Roark. Children of James Profitt and Minnie Collins;
1. McCoy Profitt b abt 1899; d young.
2. Smith Profitt b 4 Aug 1901 d 11 Feb 1970 Letcher Co KY; buried Colson Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; never married.
3. Willie Profitt b 21 Sept 1905 d 18 Jun 1951 Letcher Co KY.
4. Taft Profitt b 19 Jul 1908 d 23 Nov 1978; buried Babe Ison Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; m. Callie Morton b 11 Jan 1911 d 29 Jul 1938; buried Babe Ison Cemetery, Letcher Co KY. Child of Taft Profitt and Callie Morton; i. Bennett Profitt b 25 Jul 1933 d 11 Jan 1941; buried Babe Ison Cemetery, Letcher Co KY.
5. Henry Profitt d young.
6. Gracie Profitt d young.
7. Oma Profitt b 1915; m. Male Adams.
8. Anna Profitt b 15 Nov 1918 Letcher Co KY d 12 Jan 1996 Hazard, Perry Co KY; age 77 years, one month and 27 days of age; buried Clay Cemetery, Colson, KY; m. William Hop Polly b ? d 1977. Notes for Anna Profitt: Annie never had children of her own. She raised step-sons, Terry and Billy, as her own. They were Hop's sons from his first marriage to Lucy Bates. Children of William Hop Polly and ?; Terry Polly ii. Bill Polly
9. Ova Clo Profitt b 12 Mar 1912 d 3 Jun 1994.
Obituary of Anna Profitt Polly
Anna Polly, daughter of the late James Profitt and Minnie Collins Profitt, was born in Letcher County, Kentucky on November 15, 1918. She died on Friday, January 12, 1996 at Hazard Appalachian Regional Hospital, being 77 years, one month and 27 days of age at the time of her death. Anna was preceded in death by her husband, William H Polly, who died in 1977. Survivors include her two sons; Terry Polly of Westlake, Ohio and Bill Polly of Cleveland, Ohio; one sister, Oma Adams of Colson; 6 grandchildren; fourteen great-grandchildren and many other relatives and friends. Funeral services for Anna Polly were conducted from the Chapel of the Everidge Funeral Home in Whitesburg, Kentucky on Tuesday, January 16, 1996 at 10 a.m. The officiating ministers were Elwood Cornett and Conard Profitt, while family members and friends served as pallbearers. Burial took place in the Clay Cemetery at Colson, Kentucky.