and Delaney Tuttle
Tivous Slone b 30 Jul 1893 d 17 Dec 1961; s/o Isom Slone and Rosie Thornsberry. Tivous Slone m. Delaney Tuttle b 1903 d 2 Nov 1959; d/o William Tuttle and Rebecca Tuttle. Children of Tivous Slone and Delaney Tuttle;
1. Claude Slone died young.
2. Orbin Slone died young.
3. Mary Slone b 20 Feb 1921 Mullins Branch, KY d 2 Feb 1997; m. 17 Feb 1938 to Elmo Thorsberry b 20 Sept 1917 d 30 Nov 1972; s/o Kanawha Thornsberry and Pherdona Slone.
4. Woodrow Slone b 25 Mar 1923 Mullins Branch, KY d 12 Mar 1979 Kite, KY; age 55; m. 16 Oct 1941 Kite KY to Audra Tuttle b 27 Dec 1925 Lackey, Floyd Co KY d 11 Nov 1993; age 67; d/o Andrew Tuttle and Angeline Thornsberry.
5. Tivous Slone Jr b 18 Jan 1926 Mullins Branch, KY d Saturday, 12 Sept 1998 St Vincent Mercy Medical Center, Toledo OH; military service, US Army, Germany, WWII; m. 21 May 1946 to Cansala Slone. Children of Tivous Slone and Cansala Slone; i. Jimmy D Slone b 23 Sept 1952 Kite, KY d Saturday, 17 Oct 2015 Willard OH. ii. Wendall Slone (of Shelby, NC) iii. Curby Slone (of Willard OH) iv. Arista Slone; m. Male Hobson v. Patty Slone
Obituary of Tivous Slone Jr: Tivous Slone Jr., 72, of Willard,Ohio, died Saturday, Sept. 12, 1998, at St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center in Toledo. He was born Jan. 18, 1926, in Kite, Ky., and had lived in Willard since 1960. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in Germany during World War II. He is survived by his wife, Cansala Slone, whom he married May 21, 1946; Three sons: Wendell of Shelby, N.C.
Curby of Willard,Oh. Jimmy,of Willard,Oh. Two daughters: Arista Hobson of Wayne, Mich. Patty Slone of Willard,Oh. 17 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; one brother, Bartley Slone of Frenchburg, Ky.; and four sisters, Monie Slone, Lydia Anderson and Edna Lee Johnson, all of Kite, and Opal Patton of Willard.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Tivous Slone Sr. and Laney (Tuttle) Slone; four brothers, Woodrow, Herman, Orbin and Claude Slone; and two sisters, Mary Thornsberry and Stella Thornsberry.
Burial was in the Greenwood Cemetery in Willard, Ohio
Obituary of Jimmy D Slone: Jimmy D. Slone. OCT 19, 2015 AT 10:00 AM. WILLARD — Jimmy D. Slone, age 63, resident of Willard, Ohio, passed away on Saturday, October 17, 2015 at Mercy Willard Hospital in Willard, Ohio. He was born on September 23, 1952 in Kite, Kentucky, to the late Tivous and Cansala Slone. Jimmy graduated from Willard High School in 1971 and was employed at Mayflower Vehicle Systems of Norwalk for more than 40 years. He was an avid golfer, hunter and coin collector and most of all, enjoyed spending time with his family. He is survived by his three daughters, Tresa (Steve) Steinmetz of Willard, Amy Schafer of Sandusky and Cynthia Clark of Norwalk; four grandchildren, Haleigh (Richard) Reed, Brooke Schafer, Ethan Schafer and Brock Clark; three great grandchildren, Aiden, Ryleigh and Branson; brother, Curby (Trish) Slone of Willard and sister, Arista (JR) Hobson of Michigan; companion, Pam Slone of Willard; and several nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents, Tivous and Cansala Slone; brother, Wendell Slone and sister, Patty Slone. Friends may call on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 from 2:00 to 4:00 and 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. at the Secor Funeral Home in Willard, where the funeral service will be on Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 11:00 A.M. with Elder Dwayne Slone officiating. Burial will follow in Greenwood Cemetery in Willard. Online condolences can be left for the family at www.secorfuneralhomes.com.
6. Monnie Slone b 7 Feb 1928 d 8 Jun 2002
7. Stella Slone b 25 Aug 1930 d 28 Apr 1987
8. Lydia Slone b 4 Mar 1937 d 18 Apr 2003
9. Herman Slone b 18 Mar 1943 Knott Co KY d 9 Jun 1998 Kite, KY; buried Tuttle Cemetery, Mullins Branch, Kite KY; m. Rebbel Tuttle. Children of Herman Slone and Rebbel Tuttle; i. Anthony Jason Slone ii. Nathan Chad Slone
Herman Slone Obituary. Herman Slone, Age 55, of Kite, died June 9, 1998. Born March 18 1943, in Knott Co, he was the son of the late Tivous and Lanie Tuttle Slone. Survivors include wife, Rebbel Tuttle Slone; two sons, Anthony Jason and Nathan Chad Slone; two brothers, Tivous Slone Jr., Bartley Slone; four sisters, Monnie Slone, Lydia Anderson, Edna Johnson, Opal Patton. Burial is at the Tuttle Cemetery, Mullins Branch, Kite, KY.