Andrew Jackson Branham Smith
and Queentina Christina Tina Pigman
Andrew Jackson Branham Smith b 15 Mar 1829 Prestonsburg, Floyd Co KY d 17 Mar 1864 Rock Island Prisoner of War Camp, Rock Island IL of smallpox and larengitis; military service 13th TN Reg, Captured at Missy Ridge; s/o William Branham Smith and Elizabeth Betty Childers. Andrew Jackson Branham Smith m. 15 Aug 1859 Letcher Co KY to Queentina Christina Tina Pigman b 19 Dec 1832 Upper Carr Fork, Perry Co KY d 17 Oct 1858 KY; d/o John Wesley Pigman and Rosannah Amburgey. Children of Andrew Jackson Branham Smith and Queentina Christina Tina Pigman;
1. Nathaniel B Nat Smith b 29 Jun 1850 Letcher Co KY
2. William B Smith b 1851 Letcher Co KY
3. John Tobe Branham Smith b 5 May 1853 Letcher Co KY d abt 1928 Knott Co KY; m. Phoebe Sturgill b 1861 KY; d/o McGuire Sturgill and Susannah Huff.
4. Joseph B Joe Smith b 5 Nov 1854 Letcher Co KY
5. Mary B Pop Smith b 15 Feb 1856 Letcher Co KY
Andrew Jackson Branham Smith was captured by Union soldiers while on leave at his father's home at the mouth of Steerfork. He died of smallpox at Camp Douglas POW Camp in Chicago, Illinois. After he was taken prisoner, his second wife, Sallie Huff, moved back to Virginia with her son, Elmer.
John Kelly, presumably the second husband of Frances "Frankie" Childers/Childress, living in household in 1850 Letcher Co., KY, census. Age given as 69. Minor children went to live with grandparents, William & Elizabeth (Childers) Branham-Smith, after Teena Pigman Smith's death in 1858. Mary, John, Joseph, and William were listed in their grandparents' household in 1870 Letcher Co. census.