William McKinley Smith
and Lucinda Sis Calhoun
William McKinley Smith (aka Tipple Bill) b 22 Apr 1896 Knott Co KY d Mar 1984; buried Carr Fork Memorial Cemetery, Littcarr, Knott Co KY; s/o Hilliard Smith and Armelda Combs. William McKinley Smith m. Lucinda Sis Calhoun b 21 Feb 1897 Troublesome Creek, Perry Co KY d 5 Dec 1983; buried Carr Fork Cemetery, Littcarr, Knott Co KY; d/o Walton Calhoun and Sarah Cornett. Children of William McKinley Smith and Lucinda Sis Calhoun;
Sis Calhoun and William McKinley Smith
William McKinley Smith
L-R: Joe Cornett and William McKinley Smith
1. Hillard Smith b 25 Jul 1917 Knott Co KY d abt 1918 (flu epidemic)
2. Adam Smith b 22 Apr 1918 Knott Co KY d 22 Apr 1918 (flu epidemic)
3. Orley Smith b 22 Apr 1918 Knott Co KY d 22 Apr 1918 (flu epidemic)
4. Mertie Smith b 21 Apr 1919 Knott Co KY d 31 Dec 1983 Hamilton, Butler Co OH; m. Charles Marshall
5. Aaron Smith b 11 Apr 1921 Perry Co KY d 5 Sept 1987 Crittenden Co KY; m. (1) Pearl Smith Dobson. Aaron Smith m. 16/19 May 1950 Crittenden Co KY to Ocie Miller Glore b 28 Feb 1922 Crittenden Co KY.
6. Grace Smith b 26 May 1923 Perry Co KY d 24 Feb 2011 Campbell Co KY; buried Odd Fellows Cemetery, Corinth, Grant Co KY; m. (1) Charles Howard Pickett b 23 Jul 1907 Harrison Co KY d 22 Jul 1973 Falmouth, Pendleton Co KY; buried Odd Fellows Cemetery, Corinth, Grant Co KY; s/o Harvey Frances Pickett and Pear5le Daily. Children of Charles Howard Pickett and Grace Smith;
i. Robert Joseph Pickett b 10 Oct 1945 OH d 1 Aug 1964; age 18; buried Odd Fellows Cemetery, Corinth, Grant Co KY.
ii. Agnes Marie Pickett b 9 Apr 1950 Owen Co KY d 26 Mar 2012; age 61; dry Ridge, Grant Co KY; buried Jonesville Cemetery, Jonesville, Grant Co KY; m. 14 Jun 1968 to Herschel W Perry B 18 Jan 1950.
Grace Smith m. (2) Henry Clay Roberts b 27 Sept 1909 Berry, Harrison Co KY d 22 Jan 1994 Cincinnati, Hamilton Co OH; buried Camp Nelson National Cemetery, Nicholasville, Jessamine Co KY; s/o William Lafayette Robers and Alice Jolly.
Henry Clay Roberts m. Goldie Mae Ecklar b 15 Sept 1909 KY d 29 Aug 1932; age 22; Harrison Co KY; buried Pythian Grove Cemetery, Berry, Harrison Co KY; d/o Orville Bland Ecklar and Elizabeth C Hill. Child of Henry Clay Roberts and Goldie Mae Ecklar;
i. Billy Windell Roberts b 9 Jul 1929 Harrison Co KY d 26 Jun 1948; age 18; Kenton Co KY; buried Pythian Grove Cemetery, Berry, Harrison Co KY
7. Ernest Smith b 12 Mar 1925 Perry Co KY d 23 Jun 1990 Kingsport, TN; m. (1) Josephine Neely. Ernest Smith m. (2) Lena Hinson.
8. Edgar Smith b 12 Nov 1926 Perry Co KY d 11 Nov 1981 Cincinnati, Hamilton Co OH; m. Female Dyre. Children of Edgar Smith and Female Dyre;
i. Roger Smith b 1953 d 1979
ii. Randy Smith b 1955 d 1980
9. Helen Smith b 31 May 1928 Perry Co KY; m. (1) Giles Perkins. Helen Smith m. (2) Gilbert Meyers.
10. Bessie Smith b 15 Dec 1929 Perry Co KY; m. 13 Jun 1950 Jackson MS to Russell Squires b 25 Jun 1929 Morton MS
Obituary: Agnes Marie Pickett Perry
9 Apr 1950 - 26 Mar 2012
Agnes Marie Perry, of Dry Ridge, KY. passed away Monday, March 26 (2012) at home at the age of 61. Mrs. Perry was born April 9, 1950 in Owen County, KY. to the late Charles Howard Pickett and Grace Smith Pickett Roberts. Mrs. Perry was an insurance underwriter for State Farm Insurance in Williamstown and attended the Williamstown Christian Church. Mrs. Perry enjoyed crafts of all sorts and tending to her flowers. She loved her family dearly and spending time with her 5 grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, Mrs. Perry was preceded in death by a brother: Robert Joseph Pickett.
Mrs. Perry leaves to mourn her passing her husband: Herschel W. Perry. 1 daughter: Debra (Wayne Morgan) Kinman of Dry Ridge, KY., 1 son: Greg (Jennifer E.) Perry of Williamstown, KY., 2 sisters: Brenda (Ken) McClanahan of Lexington, KY. and Bobbie Dever of Florence, KY., 1 brother: William (Helen) Pickett of Florence, KY. 5 grandchildren: Chris Ingram, Matthew Ingram, Kaitlyn Kinman, Colton Perry and Samantha Perry.
Funeral services will be conducted 11:00 am Thursday, March 29 in the chapel of the Eckler-McDaniel Funeral Home, Dry Ridge with Rev. Gary Swick officiating. Visitation will be on Wednesday from 5-9 pm. Burial will be in the Jonesville I.O.O.F. Cemetery.
Obituary: Grace Smith Pickett Roberts
26 May 1923 - 24 Feb 2011
Grace Pickett Roberts, of Newport, Kentucky and formerly of Corinth, Kentucky passed away Thursday, February 24 (2011) at Hospice of the Bluegrass, Ft. Thomas at the age of 87. Mrs. Roberts was born in Allock, Perry County, Kentucky on May 26, 1923 to the late William McKinley Smith and Lucinda Calhoun Smith.
She was a homemaker and was preceded in death by her first husband: Howard Pickett and by her second husband: Clay Roberts. In addition to her husbands and parents, Mrs. Roberts was preceded in death by a son: Robert Pickett and by a sister: Mertie Marshall and by 3 brothers: Aaron Smith, Ernie Smith and Edgar Smith.
Mrs. Roberts is survived by 2 daughters: Brenda Pickett McClanahan of Lexington, Kentucky and Agnes Pickett Perry of Dry Ridge, Kentucky. She has 1 son: William Pickett of Florence, Kentucky and 2 sisters: Helen Meyer of Hamilton, Ohio and Bessie Squires of Brandon, Mississippi. She has 4 grandchildren: Bobbie Dever, Betty Jo Pickett, Greg Perry, Debra Kinman and 9 great grandchildren.
Grace was known for her many talents including gardening, sewing, carpentry, and hair styling and was often called upon by friends for her skills. She developed a life-long interest in medicine after attending high school in Hindman where she boarded with a physician's family and served as his assistant. She was nicknamed "Doc Pickett" for her ability to diagnose and treat minor illnesses and injuries.
Funeral services for Mrs. Roberts will be conducted 1:00 pm, Monday, Feb. 28 in the chapel of the Eckler-McDaniel Funeral Home, Dry Ridge with Rev. Keith Blair officiating. Visitation will be there on Sunday from 5-8 pm. Burial will be in the Corinth Cemetery.