and Susannah Fleming
Thomas Stewart b abt 1850 Pike Co KY d Wayne Co WV; s/o Abraham Stewart and Easter Ramey. Thomas Stewart m. 11 Aug 1868 Letcher Co KY to Susannah Fleming b May 1843 Letcher Co KY d 11 May 1920 Pike Co KY; buried Robert Stewart Graveyard, Pike Co KY; d/o Frederick Nelson Fleming and Nancy Anna Wright. (Duplicate File of Thomas Stewart b 1850). Children of Thomas Stewart and Susannah Fleming;
1. William R Will Stewart b 1869 Pike Co KY d 1905 Big Sandy, Ashland KY; in a logging accident, Little Coal River, Charleston, Kanawha Co WV; m. 30 Jun 1898 Coal Run, Pike Co KY (by Paris Johnson) to Mary Elizabeth Betty Hall b 1877 Letcher Co KY d 26 Sept 1962 Delbarton WV; d/o John Hall. Children of William R Steart and Mary Elizabeth Betty Hall; i. Cosby Stewart b 1897 Deane, Letcher Co KY ii. John Riley Stewart b 7 Dec 1900 Deane, KY iii. Shellie Ann Stewart b 27 Jul 1901 KY iv. Stella May Stewart b 27 Jul 1901 KY v. Bud Stewart b 15 Apr 1905 KY
2. Jane Perlina Jennie Stewart b abt 1871 KY; m. 11 May 1894 Letcher Co KY to McCreary Mack Yonts b 5 May 1876 Letcher Co KY d 1927 Letcher Co KY; buried Henry R Yonts Cemetery, Goose Creek, KY; s/o Solomon Sollie Yonts and Virginia Jane Jennie Quillen.
3. John Wesley Stewart b 1872 KY d 1954; m. abt 1893 to Mary Elizabeth Tump Johnson b 1875 Pike Co KY d 1961; d/o Lorenzo Dow Johnson and Ellender Burke. Children of John Wesley Stewart and Mary Elizabeth Tump Johnson; i. Virgie Stewart ii. Oscar Stewart iii. Annie Ellen Stewart b 1895 Pike Co KY iv. Anna Jane Stewart b 25 Aug 1897 Pike Co KY v. William M Bill Steart b abt 1902 Pike Co KY vi. Augustine Gus Steart b abt 1904 Pike Co KY vii. Minerva Stewart b abt 1907 Pike Co KY viii. Arminda Stewart b abt 1912 Pike Co KY
4. George W Stewart b 1874 KY; m. 1910 to Lorine Orinna Rhine Johnson b abt 1874 Pike Co KY; d/o Lorenzo Dow Johnson and Ellender Burke. Children of George W Steart and Lorine Rhine Orinna Johnson; i. John W Stewart b Apr 1895 Pike Co KY ii. Anna Stewart b 1896 Pike Co KY iii. Easter Stewart b 1899 Pike Co KY iv. Rebecca J Becky Stewart b 8 Sept 1905 Eddy KY v. Martha Ellen Stewart b 1907 Pike Co KY vi. Jacob V Steawrt b 1910 Pike Co KY
5. Daniel W Dan Stewart b abt 1875 Pike Co KY; m. abt 1896 ot Easter F Bentley b abt 1879 KY; d/o William Bentley and Bethaney Johnson. Children of Daniel W Dan Stewart and Easter F Bentley; i. Cora B Stewart b abt 1899 KY ii. Tina E Stewart b abt 1903 KY iii. Margaret Stewart b abt 1907 KY iv. John Henry Stewart b 1909 KY v. Roxie Stewart b 1910 Pike Co KY vi. Millie Jean Stewart b abt 1914 Pike Co KY
6. Robert Winfield Stewart b abt 1877 Pike Co KY; m. abt 1898 to Elizabeth Ann Crickett Burke b 1882 KY; d/o Nathaniel Burke and Jennie Johnson.
7. Eliza Mary Ann Stewart b 15 May 1879 Shelby Creek, Pike Co KY
Thomas Stewart, son of Abraham Stewart And Easter Ramey married Susannah Fleming on Aug. 11, 1868 Letcher Co., KY., daughter of Nancy Anna Wright and Frederick Nelson Fleming.
Thomas & Susannah's children: William R. "Will" Stewart, Jane Pearlina"Jenny", John Wesley, George W., Dan iel W. "Dan", Robert Winfield and Eliza "Mary Ann" Stewart.
Thomas divorced or abandoned Susannah and children for 2nd women Sarah Riddle. They had son James Stewart March 1, 1888 in Donnager, WV. James Stewart died Oct. 31, 1978 Ft. Gay, Wayne Co., West Va. Going by James' birth date, Tom marrying Laura Mullins Oct. 29, 1887 in Clay Co., WV., and Sarah marrying William Hill Oct. 3, 1888 Clay Co., WV., Tom & Laura's child James M. Stewart born Dec. 1887, Tom & Sarah could not have been married and if Tom did not divorce Susan left in Pike Co., KY., then Tom's other marriages were not legal.
William R. Stewart married Mary Hall on June 30, 1898 in Pike Co.,KY., daughter of John & Rachel (Meade) Hall of Letcher Co., Ky. Will & Mary had John Riley Stewart born Dec. 7, 1900 in Deane, Letcher Co., KY. died April 24, 1978 in Mayking, Letcher Co., Ky., and daughter Cosby Stewart born Feb., 15,1900 (per ssn application, not right), died 1985. Cosby listed as born Nov. 1897 in June 1900 census, her born before the marriage of parents. Listed born Feb. 15, 1900 on her birth certificate. Cosby lied about her birth her entire life as did John R. for her to hide the fact that she was born out of wedlock, but John R. claimed she was his full sister and did not claim William his older brother as full brother (he was William Hall child of Mary and John Hall out of wedlock).
John Riley Stewart first married Virgie Baisden, daughter of Thomas & Emma Baisden of Mingo Co. , West VA. They divorced and John R., later remarried, with no children from 2nd marriage. John & Virgie had Lemma Stewart (she went by Lemiel Stewart on all her records), born May 15, 1929 in Mingo Co., West VA., married April 19, 1947 in Pikeville Court House, Pike Co., KY., to Ermal Stanley born Dec. 12, 1925, Piso (Brushy Creek), Pike Co., KY., died June 28, 1998 in Melvindale, Wayne Co., MI., at home of cancer. Ermal was oldest child of Ireland and Pernie (Stanley) Stanley of Brushy Creek, Pike Co., Ky. Ermal served aboard the USS Hudson, a destroyer in WWII, Pacific. He went into the Army Air Force after the war and it turned into the US AirForce, which he retired from in 1967. As of July 2002, Lemiel still lives in their home in, MI., 2 houses away from Ermal' s brother Dennis & Margie (Isaac) Stanley.
BIOGRAPHY: Susannah never remarried, cared for her children alone and resided with her son till she died in Pike Co., Ky., May 11, 1920, not found in 1920 census yet. Pike Co., Ky., death cert., Long Fork, Etty, Ky., Susan Stewart, female, white, death May 11, 1920, age 77, widowed, house work, born Ky., father: Fred Fleming, born Ky., mother: Nancy Burke, born Ky., informant: John Stewart of Etty, KY., (no attending DR.) Teberculosis of lungs underlined as cause of death by John Stewart informant, buried May 12, 1920 at Bob Stewart graveyard, undertaker Jarvey Burke of Etty, KY., filed May 18, 1920, file number 14907 Commonwealth of Kentucky. BIOGRAPHY mother's married name does not make since (sense) or match records, 1900 list her born Jan. 1843 ? Not sure if widowed or when Tom Stewart died in West Va. Could have been already deceased. John & Bob Stewart are her sons.
April 23, 1910 EN #164, 6-A, #88, Susannah Stewart, listed in household of son John Wesley Stewart as mother, 67, widow, 7 children born 6 still living, her and parents born KY. Son Robert Stewart listed next household, Upper Elkhorn, Pike Co., KY. BIOGRAPHY Child listed as already deceased is William R. "Will" Stewart who died in logging accident on the job in West VA.
June 13, 1900, Enum 79, sheet B-15, 248-260, Coal Run part of. Susie Stewart in home of son John Stewart listed as mother, married, 25 yrs., age 50, born Jan. 1850, KY. KY. KY., 7 children born 7 still living. BIOGRAPHY This census record has a lot of wrong info that was given the census taker. Robert Winfield Stewart listed at number 267 household.
1920 Susan can not be located, must have been missed or left out for some reason, possibly due to her sickness ?