Alvin Duvall Tackett
and Abigail Johnson
Alvin Duvall Tackett b 14 Aug 1878 Pike Co KY d 20 Mar 1927 Floyd Co KY; buried Tackett Family Cemetery, Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; s/o George W Tackett and Rebecca Tackett. Alvin Duvall Tackett m. 10 Mar 1894 Floyd Co KY to Abigail Johnson b 24 Sept 1875 Floyd Co KY d 16 Sept 1933 KY; d/o Jefferson Hall Johnson and Abigail Johnson. Children of Alvin Duvall Tackett and Abigail Johnson;
1. Sumpter Marion Tackett b 15 May 1895 Floyd Co KY d 17 Jan 1973 Martin, Floyd Co KY; buried Davidson Memorial Gardens, Ivel, Floyd Co KY; m. 14 Feb 1918 Beaver, Floyd Co KY to Fannie Tackett b 23 Feb 1902 Beaver, Floyd Co KY d 6 May 1953 Paintsville, Johnson Co KY; buried Reynolds Cemetery, Ligon, Floyd Co KY; d/o John D Tackett and Malinda Reynolds.
2. Columbus Lafayette Tackett b 25 Aug 1896 Floyd Co KY d 5 Jan 1975 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; buried Poplar Grove Cemetery, Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; m. 12 Aug 1923 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY to Bertha Johnson b 12 Feb 1906 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY d 19 Oct 1999 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; buried Poplar Grove Cemetery, Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; d/o David Dock Dee Johnson and Lourena Hall. Children of Columbus Lafayette Tackett and Bertha Johnson; i. Harold Tackett ii. Helen Tackett b abt 1924; m. Male Zuern
3. Manila Tackett b 2 Aug 1899 Floyd Co KY d 14 May 1975 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; buried Blankeship Cemetery, Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; m. (1) to Ulysses Grant Johnson b 1890 d 26 Dec 1946 Floyd Co KY; s/o William Johnson and Charity Bentley. Manila Tackett m. 18 Oct 1917 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY to William Green Blankenship b 2 May 1894 Mitchel Fork, Pike Co KY d 20 May 1969 Pikeville, Pike Co KY; buried Blankenship Cemetery, Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; s/o Robert Blankenship and Spicey Hamilton.
4. Levita Tackett b 21 Mar 1901 Floyd Co KY d 7 Jul 1979 Pikeville, Pike Co KY; m. Benjamin Franklin Johnson b 1894 d 6 Jan 1960 Pike Co KY; s/o William Johnson and Charity Bentley.
5. Alvin Duvall Tackett b 8 Jan 1903 KY d 7 May 1973 Kettering, Montgomery Co OH; m. (1) to Goldie Rogers b 4 Jan 1907 Pike Co KY. Child of Alvin Duvall Tackett and Goldie Rogers; i. Marie Tackett b 26 May 1925 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; m. Waltust Reynolds b 15 Mar 1916 d 11 Dec 2004; s/o Walter Dock Reynolds and Belle Unknown. Children of Waltust Reynolds and Marie Tackett; I. Waltust Reynolds; m. Bonnie Unknown II. Debra Lynn Reynolds; m. Luther Tackett.
Alvin Duvall Tackett m. (2) Mildred Mullins b abt 1905 Beefhide Creek, Pike Co KY. Alvin Duvall Tackett m. (3) Sadie Casebolt b 21 Nov 1908 Yellow Mountain, Perry Co KY d 30 Aug 1950; d/o Dallas Casebolt and Magdelene Martin. Children of Alvin Duvall Tackett and Sadie Casebolt; i. Gene Alton Tackett b 23 Nov 1927 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY d 12 May 1995 Ashland, Boyd Co KY ii. Elizabeth Tackett b abt 1928 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY iii. Female Tackett; m. Paul Edward Bud Newman b 23 Jul 1928 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY d 30 Dec 1983 Highland Co OH; s/o Andrew Jackson Newman and Alma Conley. iv. Vernon Tackett b 11 Jul 1929 Pike Co KY d 11 Jul 1929 Pike Co KY
6. Collie Tackett b 18 Dec 1908 Floyd Co KY
Obituary of Larry D Reynolds
Obituary of Waltust Reynold's brother, Larry D Reynolds b 20 Oct 1955 Floyd Co KY d 6 Oct 2011; buried Davidson Memorial Gardens, Ivel, KY: Larry D. Reynolds Born in Floyd Co. Ky, on Oct. 26, 1955 Departed on Oct. 2, 2011 and resided in Celina, TN. Service: Thursday, Oct. 6, 2011 11:00 am Cemetery: Davidson Memorial Gardens Larry D. Reynolds Age: 55 Of: Celina, Tennessee formerly of Floyd Co,. Ky. Date of Birth: October 26, 1955 Where: Floyd Co. Ky. Date of Death: Oct. 2, 2011 Where: Floyd Co KY. Facts of Importance: Retired Factory Worker, for Ford Motor Co,., was baptized into the Freewill Baptist Faith, Sept. 2011 Parents: Edith Hamilton Reynolds, Springport, Michigan Husband or Wife: Bonnetta Hamilton Reynolds Other Survivors: Sons and Daughter; Larry St. Clair, North Carolina, Mathew Reynolds, Washington, D. C. Garry Gilliam, South Shore, Ky., Brandy Bukszpam, Texas, Brothers and Sisters: Wendell Reynolds, Donald Reynolds, both of Springport, Michigan, Ronnie Reynolds, Betsy Layne, Ky, Glen Reynolds, Jackson, Michigan, Loretta Riley, South Carolina, Mabel Martin, Albion, Michigan, Pauline Newsome, Elyria, Ohio, Faye Finnitzer, North Olmstead, Ohio, Ella Ruth Hall, Beaver, KY, 7 Grandchildren Deceased Relatives: Father; Walter Reynolds, Brothers and Sisters: Charles Reynolds, Emmit Reynolds, Waltust Reynolds, Emmogene Turner, Augustine Cooper. Time and Place of Services: Thursday (Oct. 6, 2011) 11 A. M. Nelson Frazier Funeral Home, Martin, KY. Officiating: Earl Dean Martin, and Tracy Patton. Visitation: after 6pm on Tuesday at Nelson Frazier Funeral Home, Martin, Ky. Burial: Davidson Memorial Gardens, Ivel, Ky,.
Obituary of Walter Dock Reynolds
REYNOLDS, Waltust Sr. Age, 88, of Grethel, died Saturday, December 11, 2004, at his residence. Born March 15, 1916, in Beaver, he was the son of the late Dock Reynolds and Belle Reynolds. He was a retired construction worker, former employee of Floyd County Board of Education, and Road Department, a member of the Samaria Old Regular Baptist Church at Teaberry, a Kentucky Colonel, a World War II Army veteran, and a member of the Betsy Layne, D.A.V. Chapter 169. He enjoyed the sport of fox hunting. He is survived by his wife, Marie Tackett Reynolds. Other survivors include one son: Waltust Reynolds Jr., and wife, Bonnie of Grethel; daughter, Debra Lynn Reynolds Tackett, and husband, Luther of Grethel; brothers: Edgar Reynolds of Mentor, Ohio, Vernon Reynolds of Lorain, Ohio, Phillip Dale Reynolds of Louisa, Dock Reynolds Jr. of Grethel; a sister, Lou Ellen Frasure of Grethel; grandchildren: Amy Lynn Kimbler, and husband, Dale, Mark Tackett, Trenton Tackett, Bradley Reynolds, Devon Reynolds; great-grandchildren: Bethany Kimbler and Cameron Kimbler. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his step-mothers, Hattie Reynolds and Maggie Hamilton Mitchell Reynolds; son, Jimmy Joe Reynolds; brothers: Demmis Reynolds, Walter Reynolds, Walk Reynolds, Cecil Reynolds; and sisters: Edith and Aggie Isaacs. Funeral services were conducted Tuesday, December 14, at 11 a.m., at the Samaria Old Regular Baptist Church, at Teaberry, with ministers of the Old Regular Baptist Church officiating. Burial was in the Joe Reynolds Cemetery, at Beaver, under the direction of Nelson-Frazier Funeral Home, Martin. Visitation was at the funeral home, and at the church. Active pallbearers: Vernon Reynolds, Phillip Dale Reynolds, Dock Reynolds Jr., Mark Tackett, Trenton Tackett, Bradley Reynolds, Dale Kimbler, and Luther Tackett.
Obituary of Bertha Johnson Tackett
Floyd County Times, 22 October 1999: Bertha Tackett: Age 93, of Weeksbury, died Tuesday, October 19, 1999, at her residence, follow- ing an extended illness. Born on February 12, 1906, in Weeksbury, she was the daughter of the late Dock and Lurina Hall Johnson. She was a member of the Church of Christ at Weeksbury. She was preceded in death by her husband, C.L. Tackett. Survivors include one son, Harold Tackett of Weeksbury; one daughter, Helen Zuern of Albany, Georgia; one brother, Earnest Johnson of Weeksbury; one sister, Della Cole of Weeksbury; three grandchildren; five great-grand- children and two great-great-grand- children. Funeral services will be conducted Friday, October 22, at 2 p.m., at the Church of Christ at Weeksbury, with Evangelist Bennie Blankenship officiating. Burial will be in the Tackett Cemetery, Weeksbury.