Wiley Vanburen Tolliver
and Flora Quillen
Wiley Vanburen Tolliver b 19 Nov 1885 (1 Nov 1886 in obituary) Letcher Co KY d 6 Jun 1954 Letcher Co KY; s/o Melvin Burton Tolliver and Arminda Baker. Wiley Vanburen Tolliver m. 6 Nov 1902 Letcher Co KY to Flora Quillen b 11 Jun 1886 Letcher Co KY d 25 Apr 1942 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; buried Tolliver Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; d/o Wiley Webb Quillen and Sarah Sally Holbrook. Children of Wiley Vanburen Tolliver and Flora Quillen;
1. Hillard Tolliver b 12 Jun 1904 KY d 20 Jan 1967 Letcher Co KY; m. 20 Oct 1925 to Ruth Theodosha Meade b 1901 KY d 1984.
2. Willis Tolliver b 16 May 1907 Knott Co KY d 25 Feb 1910 Knott Co KY
3. Eva Tolliver b 27 Feb 1909 KY d 13 Mar 1977 Letcher Co KY; m. Male Anderson.
4. Virgie Tolliver b 13 Aug 1911 KY d 29 May 1992 Letcher Co KY; m. Male Vanover.
5. Ervin Tolliver b 28 Dec 1913 Knott Co KY d 18 Mar 1975 Gallia Co OH; m. Jane Wright b 1910 d 1972.
6. Willard Ashland Tolliver b 19 Oct 1915 Knott Co KY d 13 Oct 1989 Letcher Co KY
7. Arminda Tolliver b 26 Nov 1917 Knott Co KY d 28 Sept 2000 Montgomery Co KY; m. Male Sexton.
8. Sarah Tolliver b 11 Nov 1920 Knott Co KY d 30 Mar 1972 Letcher Co KY; m. 23 May 1942 to Alfred V Adams
9. Helen Ruth Tolliver b 18 Mar 1925 Knott Co KY d 12 Nov 1995 Lorain OH; m. 28 Sept 1943 Letcher Co KY to luther Meade b 12 Apr 1920 KY d 6 Apr 2003 Lorain OH.
Wiley Vanburen Tolliver
and Lonthal Adams
Wiley Vanburen Tolliver b 19 Nov 1885 Letcher Co KY d 6 Jun 1954 Letcher Co KY; s/o Melvin Burton Tolliver and Arminda Baker. Wiley Vanburen Tolliver m. Lonthol Adams b 17 Feb 1921 Letcher Co KY; d/o Green Isom Adams and Frankie Jane Collier. Children of Wiley Vanburen Tolliver and Lonthal Adams;
1. Wiley V Tolliver b 29 Aug 1944 d 29 Aug 1944 Letcher Co KY
2. Shirley Tolliver b 19 Jun 1946 Letcher Co KY d 12 Sept 1998 OH; m. Male Williams
3. Jerrie Tolliver (f); m. Male Shepherd
4. Thomas Dewey Tolliver b 19 Oct 1948 Letcher Co KY d 24 Jun 2013 Pikeville, Pike Co KY; buried Green Acres Cemetery, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; m. Janice Little.
5. Dennis Ray Tolliver b 15 Apr 1949 Letcher Co KY d 5 Sept 1993 Letcher Co KY; m. 29 Jun 1971 Dickenson Co VA to (1) Imogene Lucille Boggs b 8 Feb 1954; d/o Bradley Boggs and Mattie Scott. Dennis Ray Tolliver m. (2) Female Hall.
6. Robert Tolliver
7. James Alfred Tolliver b abt 1952 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY d 21 May 2011 Line Fork, Letcher Co KY
8. Brenda J Tolliver b 21 Oct 1953 d 21 Aug 1998 Lorain OH; m. Male Roberts
9. Ernie Tolliver
Obituary: Wiley Van Buren Tolliver
1 Nov 1885 - 6 Jun 1954
Jun 10 1954 Mt Eagle
Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY
Wiley V Tolliver, age 68 years, of Jackhorn (Letcher Co KY) passed away at the Fleming (Letcher Co KY) Hospital on Sunday, June 6th (1954) following an illness of six months due to a heart condition.
Mr. Tolliver, a farmer, was the son of Melvin and Arminda Baker Tolliver and was born on Rockhouse, (KY) November 1, 1886.
He was a member of the Elizabeth Regular Baptist Church, Millstone (KY).
His first wife, Flora Quillen Tolliver, preceded him in death eleven years ago.
Survivors include the widow, Lonthal Adams Tolliver and the following children: First Marriage, Hillard, Eva Anderson, Ashland (KY), Virgie Vanover, and Sarah Adams, all of Jackhorn KY; Irvin, Jackson, OH; Arminda Sexton, Detroit Michigan; Ruth Meade, Lorraine, Ohio; children by second marriage and at home, include: Thomas Dewey, Earnest, Willis, Alfred, Shirley, Geraldine and small infant. The surviving brothers and sisters are: Dock Tolliver, Knott County, KY, Willis Tolliver, Neon, Cromona, KY, Julia Hall, Rockhouse, KY.
Funeral services were held at the Hemphill Regular Baptist Church on Tuesday, June 8th (1954) with Bert Howard, T. R. Collier, and others officiating. Burial followed in the Tolliver Cemetery at Millstone (Letcher Co KY).
Obituary: Thomas Dewey Tolliver
19 Oct 1948 - 24 Jun 2013
July 3, 2013 Mountain Eagle Newspaper
Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY
Rites held for Thomas Tolliver. Funeral services for Thomas Dewey Tolliver, 64, of Whitesburg, were held June 28 (2013) at Whitco Freewill Baptist Church.
Burial was in Green Acres Cemetery at Ermine.
Born in Letcher County to the late Wiley and Lonthal Adams Johnson Tolliver, he died June 24, 2013 at Pikeville Medical Center.
He was the father of the late Janet Tolliver and Jennifer Tolliver, and a brother of the late Michael Johnson, Dennis Ray Tolliver, Alfred Tolliver, Brenda Roberts and Shirley Williams.
He was a Vietnam veteran of the U.S. Army.
Surviving are his wife, Janice Tolliver; two daughters, Angela Collier and husband Danny of Whitesburg, and Tonya Roark and husband Roger of Linefork; two brothers, Robert Tolliver of Wakeman, Oh., and Ernie Tolliver of Nashville, Tenn.; a sister, Jerrie Shepherd of McRoberts; and four grandchildren, Brittany, Bradley, Lashay and Skyler.
Everidge Funeral Home of Whitesburg had charge of arrangements.