Daniel May Vanover
and Emeline Potter
Daniel May Vanover b about 1888; m. 12 Nov 1903 Letcher Co KY to Emeline Potter b 18 Jan 1888 d 2 Jan 1922 Letcher Co KY; d/o Reuben Potter and Arminda Hall. Children of Daniel May Vanover and Emiline Potter;
1. Hester Vanover b 1904; m. 20 Dec 1920 Neon, Letcher Co KY to Willie Holcomb b 1901; s/o Prince Edward Holcomb and Cora Phynetta Holbrook.
2. Hester Vanover b about 1904 KY d abt 1925 abt age 19 years after an illness of some months according to the Mt Eagle Newspaper, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; May 14, 1925 Thursday Edition, page 1. The article lists Hester as of Neon, Kentucky and calls her Mrs. Hester Vanover. The small article is worded as the following: Mrs. Hester Vanover, daughter of Daniel May Vanover of Neon, died after an illness of some months. (end of article). Photo of Hester Vanover and Rhoda Potter. Hester Vanover m. Willie T Holcomb b 5 Nov 1900; s/o Prince Edward Holcomb and Cora Phynetta Holbrook. Willie T Holcomb m. Edna McCray.
3. Ruben Vanover b about 1908 KY d about 1973; buried Jenkins, Letcher Co KY; m. Armanda Thomas. Child of Ruben Vanover and Armanda Thomas; i. Creed Martin Vanover b 1932 KY ii. Curtwood Curt Vanover (aka Kirkwood) b 1933 Letcher Co KY; m. 5 Feb 1952 Tazewell, Wise Co VA to Jean Tackitt b 1931 Knott Co KY; d/o Ervin Tackitt and Ollie Burks. iii. J Mary Vanover b 1937 KY; m. Male Wilson iv. Omalena Vanover; m. Male Willie Note: None of this information is correct. Am leaving it here until I find the correct information that goes with this family member.)
4. William Sherman Vanover b about 1909 KY; m. Victoria Tackett b abt 1916 KY; d/o Lint Tackett and Martha Johnson.
5. Darling Vanover (male) b 23 Apr 1912 KY d Mar 1969 MI; m. Hazel Tackett
Alberta Vanover b 4 Sept 1914 d 25 Jun 1933 Beaver Valley Hospital, Martin, Floyd Co KY; age 19 years, 9 mos. 21 days; of typhoie; m. 2 Sept 1929 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY to Kyle Reed b 1907; buried Hemp Hill, KYs/o M B Reed and Hester Reed.
6. Alvertica Vanover b 1914 KY
7. Danola Vanover b 4 Jul 1921 d 23 Sept 2002; buried Green Acres Cemetery, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; Findagrave Memorial; m. 5 Apr 1938 to Hawk Hall b 24 Mar 1915 Knott Co KY d 26 Jan 1978 Letcher Co KY; Findagrave Memorial; buried Green Acres Cemetery, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; s/o Jefferson Davis Hall and Margaret Isaacs.
1910 Greenup Co KY Census Schultz District 0067
48 48 Vanover Daniel M. Head M W 28 M1 6 VA VA KY Farmer Farm
48 48 Vanover Emmaline Wife F W 22 M1 6 4 3 KY KY KY
48 48 Vanover Hester Daughter F W 5 KY VA KY
48 48 Vanover Ruben Son M W 3 KY VA KY
48 48 Vanover Unnamed Son M W 1 8/12 KY VA KY
1920 Letcher Co KY Census Baker District 0067
40 41 Vanover Daniel M Head M W 32 M VA VA KY Carpenter House
40 41 Vanover Emaline Wife F W 28 M KY KY KY
40 41 Vanover Hester Daughter F W 14 S KY VA KY
40 41 Vanover Ruben Son M W 12 S KY VA KY
40 41 Vanover Sherman Son M W 10 S KY VA KY
40 41 Vanover Darlin Son M W 8 S KY VA KY
40 41 Vanover Alvertica Daughter F W 6 S KY VA KY
40 41 Madison Calvin Lodger M W 24 S TN TN TN Coal Digger Coal Mines
1930 Letcher Co KY Census Jenkins District 0012
120 128 Vanover Rufus Head M W 22 M 22 KY KY KY Miner Coal loads
120 128 Amanda Wife H F W 16 M 16 Arkansas KY KY KY
1940 Letcher Co KY Census Neon 67-13 Lower end Neon
4 Vanover Rufus Head M W 32 M KY Loading Coal Coal Mining
4 Vanover Amanda Wife F W 25 M KY
4 Vanover Creed Son M W 8 S KY
4 Vanover Kirkwood Son M W 7 S KY
4 Vanover J Mary Daughter F W 3 S KY