William Columbus White
and Hortense Wright
William Columbus White b 19 Dec 1877 Letcher Co KY d 11 Jan 1976 Jenkins, Letcher Co KY; buried s/o McCager White and Freelove Wright. William Columbus White m. 6 Dec 1905 Letcher Co KY to Hortense Wright b 19 Dec 1885 Letcher Co KY d 9 Feb 1975 Greenup Co KY; buried Lick Fork Cemetery, Pike Co KY; d/o Samuel Wright and Margaret S Addington. Children of William Columbus White and Hortense Wright;
Hortense Wright and Columbus White - Submitted by Darrell Tackett on Facebook 29 Oct 2021
1. Isaac Ziegler White b 1907 Pike Co KY d 19 Jun 1938 Pike Co KY; died of homicide by skull fracture from being clubbed; m. 4 Jul 1930 Letcher Co KY to Minerva Arminda Stewart b 20 Dec 1915 Pike Co KY d 22 Nov 2000 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; buried Green Acres Cemetery, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; d/o Robert Stewart and Mary Jane Mullins. Minerva Arminda Stewart m. (2) Ransom T Holbrook b 25 Oct 1913 d 12 Mar 1977 Letcher Co KY; s/o William Holbrook and Mary Adams. Minerva Arminda Stewart m. Arthur Bear Fleming b 1922 Etty, Pike Co KY d 7 Jan 2006 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; s/o John Fleming and Nancy J Bentley.
2. Nora Mae White b 12 Jun 1909 Beefhide, Pike Co KY d 22 Mar 2005 Jenkins, Letcher Co KY; m. 18 Jun 1938 Letcher Co KY Rex Carl Collier b 2 Apr 1907 Wise Co VA d 25 Feb 1957 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; Lafayette Collier and Margaret Elizabeth Mattie Whitson.
3. Challie Hurston Charlie White b 15 Jun 1911 Pike Co KY d 13 Aug 2004 Pike Co KY; age 93; buried Challie White Cemetery, Pike Co KY; m. Viola May Tackett b 26 May 1911 Pike Co KY d 16 Jan 2007 Pike Co KY; age 95; buried Challie White Cemetery, Pike Co KY; d/o Delmon Tackett and Luerena Rainey Henson.
5. Sallie White b 1912 KY
6. Austin B White b 1913 KY
7. Jody White b 1916 KY
8. Alvin Cody White b 10 Jan 1917 KY d 18 Dec 1985 Durham Co NC; age 68; buried Oak Grove Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Oak Grove Twp, Durham Co NC; m. Daisey Pearl Evans b 7 Apr 1920 Vance Co NC d 24 Sept 1994; age 74; Durham Co NC; buried Oak Grove Mem. Gardens, Oak Grove Twp., Durham Co NC; d/o James Ira Evans and Annie Lee Currin.
9. Nola May White b 4 Jun 1919 Letcher Co KY d 21 Dec 1991 Zanesville, Muskingum OH; buried Johnce Tackett Cemetery, Pike Co KY; m. Johnnie Edward Tackett b 24 Feb 1921 KY d 8 Aug 2006 KY; age 85; buried Johnce Tackett Cemetery, Pike Co KY; s/o Silas I Tackett and Emily Inas Cook.
10. Nancy Nannie White b 21 Jan 1923 Letcher Co KY d 29 Nov 2006 Beaver, Pike Co OH
11. Floyd White b 31 May 1925 KY d 2 Sept 1975; age 50; buried Charlestown Cem., Charlestown, Clark Co IN; m. Dora Mae Gilpin b 5 Apr 1929 d 17 Aug 1988; buried Charlestown Cemetery, Charlestown, Clark Co IN. Children of Floyd White and Dora Mae Gilpin; i. Michael Earl White b 5 Oct 1956 d 4 Dec 2006; buried Charlestown Cem., Charlestown, Clark Co IN ii. Gary White iii. Danny White iv. Everette White
12. Beatrice White b 1926 KY
13. Esaw White b 8 Aug 1927 KY d 30 Oct 1998 Myra, Pike Co KY; m. Rose Nell Mullins b 1937
14. Jacob White b 8 Aug 1927 KY d 16 Jul 1999 Chapel Hill, Orange Co NC; buried Graham Memorial Park, Graham, Alamance Co NC; m. Christine Smith b 24 May 1931 Letcher Co KY d 10 Aug 1987 Durham, Durham Co NC; buried Graham Memorial Park, Graham, Alamance Co NC; d/o Robert Smith and Opal Porter.
15. Bethal White 1931
Obituary: Michael Earl White
5 Oct 1956 - 4 Dec 2006
Michael Earl White, 50, passed away Monday, December 4, 2006 at Clark Memorial Hospital. He was a native of Charlestown, IN and a machine adjuster for 23 years for Wyandot Inc. in Jeffersonville, IN.
He enjoyed Isshinrue Karate, bowling, fishing, and hiking.
He is preceded in death by his father, Floyd White and mother Dora Mae (Gilpin) White; and his grandmother, Minnie Gilpin.
Survivors are his daughters, Brittany L. White, Jeffersonville, IN and Brandi J. White, Jeffersonville; son, James Michael White, Guam; brothers, Gary White Charlestown, Danny White New Albany, IN Everette White; and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services are 11 a.m. Friday at the Grayson Funeral Home in Charlestown, with burial in the Charlestown Cemetery. Visitation is 4-8 p.m. Thursday.
Published in The Courier-Journal on 12/6/2006.
1910 Pike Co KY Census Elkhorn City ED 165
50 50 White William C Head M W 25 M1 4 KY NC KY Farmer General Farm
50 50 White Hotense Wife F W 21 M1 4 2 2 KY KY VA
50 50 White Isaac Z Son M W 3 S KY KY KY
50 50 White Nora F Daughter F W 1 7/12 S KY KY KY
1920 Letcher Co KY Census Jenkins ED 59
681 691 White Lum Head M W 36 M KY KY KY Farming General Farm
681 691 White Hortensa Wife F W 28 M KY KY VA
681 691 White Zigler Son M W 12 S KY KY KY
681 691 White Nora Daughter F W 11 S KY KY KY
681 691 White Sallie Daughter F W 8 S KY KY KY
681 691 White Austin Son M W 7 S KY KY KY
681 691 White Jody Son M W 4 S VA KY KY
681 691 White Nola May Daughter 7/12 S KY KY KY
1930 Pike Co KY Census District 2 ED 9
55 55 White Columbus Head M W 42 M 22 KY KY KY Laborer Coal Mines
55 55 White Hortense Wife F W 40 M 19 KY KY KY
55 55 White Zigler Son M W 21 S KY KY KY Laborer Coal Mines
55 55 White Nora Daughter F W 19 S KY KY KY
55 55 White Challie Son M W 16 S KY KY KY
55 55 White Toda Son M W 12 S KY KY KY
55 55 White Nola M Daughter F W 11 S KY KY KY
55 55 White Nancy Daughter F W 6 S KY KY KY
55 55 White Floyd Son M W 5 S KY KY KY
55 55 White Beatrice Daughter F W 3 8/12 S KY KY KY
55 55 White Esaw Son M W 2 10/12 S KY KY KY
55 55 White Jacob Son M W 2 10/12 S KY KY KY